Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Contagion Chronicles get its own subforum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Contagion Chronicles get its own subforum?

I mean it doesn't have a specific splat to itself, but it is a gameline, it has its own core book, and supplement books coming. So should Contagion Chronicles get its own subforum?

I say yes.

Technically it's neither a gameline nor a core book. And practically speaking I don't see a reason to create a subforum for the handful of threads there are about the CC.

Bloodline: The Stygians
    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
      I mean it doesn't have a specific splat to itself, but it is a gameline, it has its own core book, and supplement books coming. So should Contagion Chronicles get its own subforum?

I say yes.
      Nvm that right now, it's apparently a bit of an issue on creating new sub-forums.

Comment

The Contagion topics I started, I just mark with [Contagion] tag, just like we do for the [Dark Eras] we do. Here is the list of mine started Contagion ones - actual list in this topic.

Alternative Contagion Origins - Not my own topic, but very important if you are tired of explanation 'Contagion is sick God-Machine' and look for alternative.

CoD Splats - Sworn or False? - Give us a CoD splat, and we advice for the Sworn or False of it.

Contagion Storytelling Advices - Topic for your question on to how to run Contagion Chronicles games.

Plauges of History & origins of Sworn - History of canonical Outbreaks and how Sworn factions were created

Your Outbreaks - Fan created Contagion strains and setting ideas

Sworn/False Sheet - Sheet project to organize all the new info on characters you need to add to normal gamelines sheets.

Contagion specifics gamelines stuff

[Dark Eras] Vectors in historical times
        - For the problems with using Vectors powers in historical games context

[Werewolf] Contagion in WtF - Analytics of WtF elements working with Contagion

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I'd lean towards no but not relevant right now.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

That you pay particular attention to it does not mean it's worth a subforum.

Besides, we have the Chronicles base for crossover already.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
            Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Well that's bad.

Does anyone know if there's a Deviant Discord?

Comment

Originally posted by The MG View Post
                Well that's bad.

Does anyone know if there's a Deviant Discord?
                Discord channel works just fine.

Onyx Path Freelancer and Fantasy Author

Comment

Doesn't make any more sense than a Dark Eras subforum.

Honestly though, there's so much good FOSS solutions for forums. It would take a day to set up new forums (https too!). But you probably couldn't migrate all the posts and accounts over easily, so I'm guessing that's what's stopping the move?

My ideas are bad and I should feel bad.

Comment

The thing is, vBulletin absolutely supports an arbitrarily large number of potential channels. They shouldn't need new forum software in order to create new subforums.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Zawadzki View Post
                      That link doesn't work, at least not for me. Did you intend to link to the official Onyx Path Discord, or..?

Comment

Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
                        The thing is, vBulletin absolutely supports an arbitrarily large number of potential channels. They shouldn't need new forum software in order to create new subforums.
                        I'm guessing, as the fora are really old, that they upgraded the backend service and broke the frontend vbulletin and OPP/Rich can't justify shelling out for an IT consultant to fix it just yet.

My ideas are bad and I should feel bad.

Comment

Originally posted by The MG View Post
                          That link doesn't work, at least not for me. Did you intend to link to the official Onyx Path Discord, or..?
                          Hrm. Not sure. If you go to the main Chronicles of Darkness Discord, you'll need to go to the #Memberships area and then join the channel by clicking the individual game line, which will add you to the channel. It has fairly steady traffic - not constant, but periodic discussions will break out every day or so. As to the exact link, I seem to recall someone posting it during the Kickstarter, but I'd have to dig to find it, unless someone else has it handy?

Onyx Path Freelancer and Fantasy Author

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Zawadzki View Post
                            Hrm. Not sure. If you go to the main Chronicles of Darkness Discord, you'll need to go to the #Memberships area and then join the channel by clicking the individual game line, which will add you to the channel. It has fairly steady traffic - not constant, but periodic discussions will break out every day or so. As to the exact link, I seem to recall someone posting it during the Kickstarter, but I'd have to dig to find it, unless someone else has it handy?
                            I believe you can retrieve the link by right-clicking on the server in Discord and clicking "Invite People."

Comment

There are two major Discord servers for CofD.

The Unofficial Discord has the largest population and most active community: http://discord.me/cofd
                              The Onyx Path Publishing Discord also has CofD channels: http://bit.ly/2TlkYd3

Eric's link was a direct link to the Deviant channel in the main (unofficial) Discord, which won't work unless you're already a member due to the way they manage channels.

Comment

Working...
                              X