A bodhisattva and how to replay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bodhisattva and how to replay

How would you roleplay a bodhisattva? What would be their main goals and what would their interactions with other splats be like? What about a normal mortal?

Depends on what you need them for. For examle, in Mage its a term for archmages that seek to help others Ascend.

But for changelings, it could be someone who has an exceptionally high Clarity. Maybe its someone famous for helping changelings move on with their lives. Perhaps its a Charlatan that helps them with this for some reason. Maybe its a mortal that projects a sobering aura that makes maintaining Clarity easier, but has other side effects.

Maybe its a vampire who almost threw off the curse. They were human for a few days, everyone could see that, but then the curse returned and made them into members of another Clan or Bloodline. Now they try to pass this knowledge on to others to get more people invested.

It could be a term for a member of the Ordo Dracul that almost reached the same level as Dracula, but is missing one key step.

Perhaps its an emissary of Luna, here to show the path to complete redemption for the Foresaken, or how to restore Pangaea to the Pure (which being an avatar of Luna, chances are they are insincere, crazy and dangerous)

It all flows back to the idea of someone enlightened enough in a field that they may do something exceptional, but they are not quite there yet and that adds a level of risk or a flaw to their approach.
    Last edited by KaiserAfini; 10-06-2020, 10:32 AM.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
    The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

Comment

What’s that?

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
        What’s that?

A boddhisatva is a term from Buddhism. It defines a person who has attained such a level of enlightenment that they could conceivably reach Buddhahood. However, their great compassion drives them to instead take a vow to remain behind until they accomplish some great mission. Some of the most prominent examples are Kuan Yin and Ksitigarbha.

in CofD, as far as I know, its only used for that specific subset of archmages. But perhaps other lines could have terms or phenomenon related to that term

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
        The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
          in CofD, as far as I know, its only used for that specific subset of archmages. But perhaps other lines could have terms or phenomenon related to that term
          It's also used for very high Primal Urge werewolves - as 'Boddhisatvas of Hunt'.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

There's also a 1e CtL Entitlement called the Bodhisattvas of the Broken Cage.

Comment

But in this thread bodhisattvas is being used to refer to archmages? Thanks. That makes sense.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

Comment

Working...
              X