Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World of Brightening Dark (No Masquerade AU)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Brightening Dark (No Masquerade AU)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...jzLVP4lo/edit#
    Me and a couple buddies from the P:tH Discord Server made this.
    This is a world-building fan-project asking the question "What if there was No Masquarade?" Consider it a blend of Alternate Universe and Alternate History. Here, humanity always knew about the supernatural and kept in touch with its neighbors. Its about exploring a new society and culture where vampires, werewolves, changelings, princesses, and even Leviathans are accepted members of the community. Obviously, we expected to run into some world-building dilemmas (Mage's Paradox, for one) but that's part of the fun.
    I'd love and appreciate some observations and insights, and I figure this is the best place to start. Free free to make appropriate edits.

I don't have much to add beyond this is a really nifty and cool project.

Actually, that is not true, some of the ideas that immediately come to mind are such.

Hunters - There are always those creatures that simply don't, or can't, play nice. When such creatures are disavowed by clan or covenant or pack or council or order (or whatnot) it is the hunters who come calling to prove that though humanity might not have as many gifts as the others, they aren't defenseless. I could imagine local hunter cells having direct phone numbers fo vampire princes or mage or werewolf leaders and so when something is going on the hunters first call the leader "is he one of yours? No, okay, so we can deal with it."

Mages - The whole issue with seeing magic done means that while one may know that the man living in the overgrown but tended to garden at the top of the hill has magic it is magic that is done when the door is closed. The person goes up tot them, makes an order or request, the mage closes his workshop door, does his work, and then comes up with the answer.

And that is the thing, people know about magic, and that means magic users are gonna be asked questions, if they can help. Sorcerous detectives. Healers.

A Geist might work to help solve murders or bring the message of the dead to the living.

Vampires drink blood but they do so in ways that make sure they don't kill humans, because killing a human brings not just their vampire bosses, but also hunters - let alone the local police investigating matters.

But yeah, magic being next door, known about, talked about, but not reacted to as if its out of place, is such a thrilling game possibility.

Ooh. Also, imagine if there was some sort of grand council of supernatural folk. Each species gets its own seat on the council, and so does say the nations of the world to represent mortalkind.

But yeah, this is fun, so thumbs up on this work!

Comment

Thanks. One thing we'll be doing with Hunters is that not all of them are in the monster-hunting business anymore, though a lot still are. Considering how diverse Hunter organizations are, we approach it by a case-by-case basis. TFV is just another branch of the U.S. military, the Union is a legit union, etc.

Comment

I REALLY like this homebrew! Heck, it partially encapsulates a homebrew idea I've had cooking for a while now!

Though, I have to inquire as to the 'Toon' splat you have listed. Just where might I find it?

Comment

Originally posted by TerrorCooper View Post
          I REALLY like this homebrew! Heck, it partially encapsulates a homebrew idea I've had cooking for a while now!

Though, I have to inquire as to the 'Toon' splat you have listed. Just where might I find it?
          https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.z15pqb7qswyh

Toon: The Imagined is another fan-made project me and the same group created ourselves. In fact, it didn't exist until a few months ago. It's based around playing as creatures with Toon physics in the World of Darkness, gathering Fame to stay alive while avoiding threats like the Nameless, Toons who have become non-entities. Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Fall-Guy View Post
            https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.z15pqb7qswyh

Toon: The Imagined is another fan-made project me and the same group created ourselves. In fact, it didn't exist until a few months ago. It's based around playing as creatures with Toon physics in the World of Darkness, gathering Fame to stay alive while avoiding threats like the Nameless, Toons who have become non-entities. Check it out.
            Thanks! I'll get to reading it. Also, maybe you and your collaborators could make a thread on here about it? Just saying, but it'd make discussion about it a whole lot easier.

Comment

Working...
            X