Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you set a Deviant and Promethean Dark Era?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would you set a Deviant and Promethean Dark Era?

I find that both games have a beautiful bunch of similarities. And it makes me wonder which era would be appropriate for them any ideas?

The industrial revolution jumps to mind, for some steampunk goodness. London being a perfect spot for it (but many others would work too, I'm sure).

Comment

I would set it during the apex of Tenochitlan. A lot of trade means a lot of experimenting scholars, you also have Aztec blood sacrifices that mask the most grotesque occult experimenting. Attempts to create super beings to consolidate the empire, to bring back great heroes or fulfill prophecies. Sometimes the research is done to enhance troops or trials are conducted in less prominent targets. Sometimes they go horribly right and a Promethean is created, sometimes the subjects break and a Deviant is born. All the while the God Machine is collecting and consolidating this data, creating new Infrastructure in the New World.

Another place for it is in Peruvian civilizations, since mummies had wishes, holdings, temporal power and speakers. Perhaps they were conducting experiments to bring back their august leaders as Prometheans, ensuring their eternal reign. But the knowledge is still in a very rough state, still needs to be refined into a consistent method. Too few instances produce actual results, the rulers are reborn "bereft of memory" (the creators don't realize its an entirely new being). Research is slow, practicing on condemned criminals and those near death's door tends to warp their sense of self. Where this fragmentary methodology came from and why its connected to mummification is a considerably sore subject for the Judges of Duat.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
      The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

Comment

Not sure but I like the answers so far.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

Comment

My vote is for late 80s-early 90s Eastern Europe/Central Eurasia. The Cold War is ripe ground for Conspiracies, both Soviet and Western; the upheaval of the transition from Communist rule makes for an interesting parallel with the both the Great Work and the Divergence, depending on the outcome in different countries (and the ST's personal outlook thereon). Plus, Zeky!

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Maudlin View Post
            My vote is for late 80s-early 90s Eastern Europe/Central Eurasia. The Cold War is ripe ground for Conspiracies, both Soviet and Western; the upheaval of the transition from Communist rule makes for an interesting parallel with the both the Great Work and the Divergence, depending on the outcome in different countries (and the ST's personal outlook thereon). Plus, Zeky!
            I've recently watched the Chernobyl series a second time and I approve of this message wholeheartedly

Comment

The 90s would be a good one. With the fall of the Soviet Union and the illegal arms trade that was bolstered by former bloc countries. Who knows what type of creatures were unleashed into the world. Promethian super soldiers sold to the highest bidder. Illegal experiments on human subjects that were meant to be disposed of but because of the fall of the Iron Curtain got lost in the power shuffle. So many wonderful hooks and plots to have.

Comment

Whoah folks. I knew your ideas would be good,but i didn't realize they would be this great!

Comment

In particular mummies trying to recreate their masters and ending up generating Prommies and Devies are amazing!

Comment

The Klondike Gold Rush. Both Prometheans and Deviants move out west to avoid people. There nature also allows them to withstand the conditions better then baseline humans. Uptick in elects for people trying to get any edge over others in the rush. Prometheans made by demiurges out of the frozen bodies of those who died in the elements. plus other horrors like Sam Mcgee.

Comment

Japan circa 1944-1946, covering the Allied bombing raids, the nuclear blasts over Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and the beginning of the Allied occupation, all with a focus on the civilian population.

Deviants get to disappear into the displaced masses and try to tear down the conspiracies while they're weakened by war and chaos, only to see Allied conspiracies roll in after the surrender. Prometheans get to observe humanity under pressure, see the glory of the Bomb, and just generally do their thing in a less structured world.

Basically Grave of the Fireflies and Barefoot Gen, but with mutants and golems and shit.

Comment

Bit more of a stretch, but if you went Clone heavy on the Promethean side, you might be able to do a 90s Jurassic Park era.

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

Originally posted by The MG View Post
                          Japan circa 1944-1946, covering the Allied bombing raids, the nuclear blasts over Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and the beginning of the Allied occupation, all with a focus on the civilian population.

Deviants get to disappear into the displaced masses and try to tear down the conspiracies while they're weakened by war and chaos, only to see Allied conspiracies roll in after the surrender. Prometheans get to observe humanity under pressure, see the glory of the Bomb, and just generally do their thing in a less structured world.

Basically Grave of the Fireflies and Barefoot Gen, but with mutants and golems and shit.
                          You mean like the Zeky? And yeah, I can definitely see the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki creating a bunch of Deviants (or at least allowing a conspiracy to create them).

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

Comment

I'm going to throw a cruveball in here and suggest the rise of Christianity in the ante-Nicene Period, as it is a time of many fragmented cults and heresies which compete against one another as one of the most major religions in the wolrds starts to take form, while people who are filled with religious fervor could be driven to the extreme, either due to being inspired by angelic beings or their own visions of heaven or by trying to analyze ancient texts and enforce their own understandings of the human soul in order to create their own versions of "perfected beings", driving the creation of Prometheans, the development of alchemy, the founding of new conspiracies and breaking the soul of the faithful.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                              I'm going to throw a cruveball in here and suggest the rise of Christianity in the ante-Nicene Period, as it is a time of many fragmented cults and heresies which compete against one another as one of the most major religions in the wolrds starts to take form, while people who are filled with religious fervor could be driven to the extreme, either due to being inspired by angelic beings or their own visions of heaven or by trying to analyze ancient texts and enforce their own understandings of the human soul in order to create their own versions of "perfected beings", driving the creation of Prometheans, the development of alchemy, the founding of new conspiracies and breaking the soul of the faithful.
                              I could see an Conspiraci hunting down descendants of the apostles,believing they might be Genotypal Coactives

Comment

Working...
                              X