Antagonists crossover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antagonists crossover

Did anyone used antagonists of one splat in the game of another? Like, Sin-Eater krew need to deal with fae-critters, or werewolf pack has to fight Stryx.
    If yes, how did it work?

I've been running a Vampire chronicle for a couple of years now, starting in the Requiem for Rome era and progressing on with each story using the settings in the Dark Eras books.

So far the Coterie has interacted with pretty much every other splat. They're fought Pure Werewolves several times (one time allying with a group of Forsaken), helped a group of Diamond Mages wake a Mummy to take out a proto Seers of the Throne character. They had to survive an attack from a Shuankhsen who was pissed at how they aided the Mummy character. They were friends with a Beast for about a year and had to help her survive an attack from a Hero while she was at maximum Satiety. They were briefly involved in a scheme by an Angel of the God-Machine hoping to entrap a Demon, and the current story is taking place in the Arthur's Britannia Dark Era so Changelings and Vampires interact regularly through the Courts of Night and Day. Just last session one of the characters was attacked by a Huntsman and barely escaped. I haven't figured out a good way to work Geists or Deviants into the chronicle yet, but I think I have a pretty good idea for introducing Prometheans in the near future.

My biggest takeaway has been that having a character who has high Auspex, decent Crúac, and access to The Pool of Forbidden Truths ritual (Secrets of the Covenants, page 184) is a huge help and probably necessary for the Vampires to have a clue what's going on. Other than that, Vampires with large amounts of exp are very powerful in combat and even simple things like several dots in Celerity can make them nigh unkillable to characters that don't have an answer for such powers. However their Achilles heel is their humanity and although my players are pretty confident going into any combat, they are absolutely terrified of anything that might cause them to face a breaking point.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurumae View Post
      I've been running a Vampire chronicle for a couple of years now, starting in the Requiem for Rome era and progressing on with each story using the settings in the Dark Eras book

My biggest takeaway has been that having a character who has high Auspex, decent Crúac, and access to The Pool of Forbidden Truths ritual (Secrets of the Covenants, page 184) is a huge help and probably necessary for the Vampires to have a clue what's going on. Other than that, Vampires with large amounts of exp are very powerful in combat and even simple things like several dots in Celerity can make them nigh unkillable to characters that don't have an answer for such powers. However their Achilles heel is their humanity and although my players are pretty confident going into any combat, they are absolutely terrified of anything that might cause them to face a breaking point.
      Thanks. Also, who was the characters?

Comment

Originally posted by Lashet View Post
        Thanks. Also, who was the characters?
        Do you mean the Auspex/Crúac character? That was one of the PCs. He just happened to build the character that way, which turned out to be very useful

Comment

Haven't done it but if I did I would play up the confusion from such an confrontation. Both sides would be in the dark about each others strenght and weakness and would have to do with unreliable information and guesswork. Would give the PCs a feel of "there is more stuff out there", would be most impactfull if the PC are feeling too confident.

I also think that kind of conflict would work best if it wasn't the main thing in your chronicle. Typically antagonist splats tend to have a "you guys but worse" element to them, which helps build drama between them and the player characters. If you remove that it might to be hard to build long term antagonist - protagonist relationships once the novelty wears off.

Another thing you'd need to work out if how did they become antagonists. It some cases it can come naturally (A scelestus desacrating a Locus that a werewolf pack claims) but quite it might be hard to have two groups fight, for instance Vampires typically have no reason to oppose the Fae.

Comment

My last Awakening game involved the PCs grappling with the Ka/shadow of a Hollow Meket (specifically, the one in the Meket book, Francis Black). It was pretty fun; they left the body of one of their cabalmates in an abandoned house that the Ka was fond of hanging out in... So they came back to bury their friend only to find his body partially eaten.

Comment

Working...
            X