Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone miss Virtue and Vice for splats?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kinda want an unironic, played-straight Christian splat that's Prophecy/Passion, now.

I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
    An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
    Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Errol216 View Post
      I kinda want an unironic, played-straight Christian splat that's Prophecy/Passion, now.
      Saints: The Beatified

Supernatural Potency/Tolerance: Grace
      Integrity equivalent: Devotion
      Fuel Trait: Providence
      Anchors: Prophecy/Passion
      X-splat: Revelation
      Y-splat: Order
      Main powers: Miracles
      Ritual powers: Sacraments

(I absolutely do not endorse anyone to make this.)

Bloodline: The Stygians
      Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
      Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
        (I absolutely do not endorse anyone to make this.)
        Too late, it’s not the whole game but on the individual character level it’s trivial to make a Princess who’s almost exactly this.

Comment

I like Vice and Virtue as I can easily use them as a mental shorthand to quickly make something up and get something running. I think the freeform 2E mortals version is probably the best, because it adds a bit of nuance.

Comment

I'm very much aware that my post is based upon our unique playstyle and the people I play with. You do you at your table!

I absolutely miss the virtue and vice mechanic of first edition as imo, it worked much better than the reductive, frankly stereotypical and one-dimensional traits they were replaced by. I used to run masquerade before finding requiem and nwod, and the Nature/Demeanor mechanic never really sat well with me. To often I saw players reduce their characters into basically NPCs who acted upon a set script to gain willpower and/or follow their Nature/Demeanor.

It was a fresh wind to see nwod get rid of those and instead introduce virtue/vice as a mechanic. First edition was sadly limited by the 7 deadly sins and 7 virtues, which in a way also was reductive and deconstructive. Hence why Chronicles system works much better with its Ideal/Fault mechanic.

To me, it was ultimately proven to work better with Virtue/Vice and a Morality stat when we ran our werewolf/changing breeds campaign a few months ago. The moment I introduced Blood and Bone, every character at the table basically became a parody of themselves.

Comment

Working...
            X