Fan Made Conditions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
    Has anyone made some alternative Integrity conditions for Humans? Stuff to add more variety to winning/failing your integrity rolls for normal humans.
    Almost all of mine would come directly from breaking point, either succeeded or failed. I think that denial and headstrong are both appropriate conditions from succeeding at a breaking point. Likewise, Mild OCD and denial (again) are appropriate for normal failures, with the Persistent conditions arising from critically failed breaking points.

Comment

Originally posted by Leetsepeak
      Has anyone made some alternative Integrity conditions for Humans? Stuff to add more variety to winning/failing your integrity rolls for normal humans.

Taken from Exalted Limit Breaks

Deliberate cruelty
      The character embraces cruelty, his simpathy vanishes and uses terror and cruelty to achieve its goals, with spite for any weakness shown or perceived. This cruelty inflicts a -2 penalty to all Social rolls that don't involve fear and intimidation
      Possible causes: A failed breaking point for something bad that happened to the character.
      Resolution: Roll for a breaking point or the character resolves his internal conflict somehow.
      Beat: Someone the character really cares about is hurt by the cruelty.

Stone heart
      The heart of the character shields against emotions. He doesn't feel or expresses emotion: he's not mechanical, but he lacks empathy and feelings. The character only considers the efficiency of the choice in the course of actions, and this recuced tact imposes a -2 penalty to all Social rolls that involve direct interaction.
      Possible causes: A breaking point for something bad that happened to the character.
      Resolution: Roll for a breaking point or three days pass.
      Beat:N/A

Uncontrolled hedonism
      The composure of the character surrenders any form of excess. Sex, alcohol, drugs and gluttony all become attractive perspectives and the character won't listen to any reason to avoid its vices. He will abuse any vice available to him, regardless the expense or the consequences.
      Possible causes: A breaking point for something bad that happened to the character, or something that the character brought to himself.
      Resolution: Two days.
      Beat: N/A

Comment

Weird request, if anyone is up to the task:

Does anyone have suggestions on how to model AIDs as a Condition?

Cholera?

Influenza?

Plague Dogs.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesuncolo View Post
          Resolution: Two days.
          I have to say that I really dislike time-based condition resolution. Outside of the nebulous concept of a "scene", which is better reserved for tilts anyway.

My first objection is that mental and psychological damage doesn't have an alarm clock attached to it that says "well, I guess I've overstayed my welcome, I'll be going now." So it feels as if such conditions are unrealistic and almost insulting in their misunderstanding of emotional and mental trauma... and even in those instances when time *does* help, that more often comes down to the time being used for healing actions, rather than the time itself being that which heals the hurts.

My second objection to them is actually stronger, and is based in the mechanics of NWoD as a game. Specifically, time-based resolutions for Conditions encourages the characters to do nothing for that period of time, the only circumstance in which it is a drawback to the players is if they are already on a time-sensitive endeavor... at which point it's still a horrible mechanic because it provides the characters with no way of dealing with the malus while still pursuing their objective. I feel like it encourages either stagnation or frustration based on out-of-character knowledge, rather than leading to interesting situations and roleplaying.

Comment

Originally posted by Anachronistic Jam View Post
            I have to say that I really dislike time-based condition resolution. Outside of the nebulous concept of a "scene", which is better reserved for tilts anyway.

My first objection is that mental and psychological damage doesn't have an alarm clock attached to it that says "well, I guess I've overstayed my welcome, I'll be going now." So it feels as if such conditions are unrealistic and almost insulting in their misunderstanding of emotional and mental trauma... and even in those instances when time *does* help, that more often comes down to the time being used for healing actions, rather than the time itself being that which heals the hurts.

My second objection to them is actually stronger, and is based in the mechanics of NWoD as a game. Specifically, time-based resolutions for Conditions encourages the characters to do nothing for that period of time, the only circumstance in which it is a drawback to the players is if they are already on a time-sensitive endeavor... at which point it's still a horrible mechanic because it provides the characters with no way of dealing with the malus while still pursuing their objective. I feel like it encourages either stagnation or frustration based on out-of-character knowledge, rather than leading to interesting situations and roleplaying.
            Suggestions?

Comment

Stone Heart
              Resolves when the character exceptionally succeeds or critically fails a social roll.

Uncontrolled Hedonism
              Until resolved the character does not gain willpower for acting on their virtue.
              Resolves when the character is forced to make a breaking point as a result of indulging in their vice.

Comment

Here are my current list of custom conditions --

Aversion [Persistent]
                Your character actively and intentionally avoids a particular item, person, situation or location that they associate (consciously or subconsciously) with the event that caused this Condition. While you are unlikely to behave in a fearful or irrational manner, you will find any reason or excuse to avoid the object. You must spend a point of Willpower per turn in order for your characters to interact voluntarily with the object of their Condition.
                Possible Sources: Psychological trauma, Integrity loss
                Resolution: Regain a dot of Integrity, lose another dot of Integrity, or achieve an exceptional success on a breaking point.
                Beat: When your character’s aversion causes her to do something that hinders the group or complicates things.

Berserk [Persistent]
                You react violently when exposed to sensory input related to the event that spawned the Condition (gunfire, explosions/loud noises, or even being touched in a certain place), or to surprise.
                When confronted by this stimulus, you roll Resolve + Composure. If you fail the roll, your character flies into a blind rage. They physically attack people and objects around them, most often beginning with the person or thing that triggered their fit.
                Characters in the middle of a Berserk condition are impossible to reason with, and have no control over their fury. They continue to fight with all their might (and using whatever resources are available) until no targets remain, friend or foe. You suffer the Insane Tilt for a number of turns equal to (10 – Integrity)
                Resolution: Regain a dot of Integrity, lose another dot of integrity, or achieve an exceptional success on a breaking point.
                Beat: You enter a berserk state as described above.

Compulsion [Persistent]
                You suffer from compulsive, repetitive behavior pattern. This condition becomes active when your character is exposed to an object, location or situation that reminds him of the event that caused the Condition. When exposed to the triggering stimuli, you roll Resolve + Composure. If the roll fails, your character engages in a particular compulsive behavior for a scene. This behavior may be suppressed by spending a point of willpower. Behaviors might include repetitive hand-washing or cleaning, counting objects around him, repeated pulling or plucking his hair or eyebrows, or straightening or arranging items incessantly.
                Resolution: The character sheds or purges her fixation.
                Beat: When your character’s compulsion causes her to do something that hinders the group or complicates things.

Disconnected
                The shock and horror of the situation causes you to disconnect from your emotions. While this insulates and protects the character against further trauma, it also hampers their ability to relate to or understand others. You are not mechanical, but you lack empathy. The character gains a +1 bonus to subsequent breaking point rolls, but suffers a -2 penalty to Social Rolls that rely on understanding the feelings and motivations of others. If using Social maneuvering (p. 188), the character must open one extra Door.
                Possible Sources: Facing a breaking point, and in some cases it may be persistent.
                Example Skills: Empathy, Persuasion, Socialize
                Resolution: The character must reconnect with their emotions. Rolling an exceptional success on a social roll resolves this condition.
                Beat: n/a

Disease – Aggressive Cancer [Persistent]
                You have developed malignant tumors in part of your body, which threaten to compromise your over-all health and could prove fatal if left untreated.
                You make a Resistance roll at the start of each interval at a -2 penalty. Success negates the damage. Cancer inflicts 2 lethal damage/interval, and you suffer the Sick (grave) tilt while in combat. Any Damage inflicted by this condition cannot be recovered until it is either suppressed or resolved.
                Interval: 1 Month
                Possible Sources: Exposure to Carcinogens, Genetic Predisposition
                Resolution: Intensive Medical treatment (Typically Chemo-Therapy and/or Surgery).
                Beat: Whenever the disease deals lethal damage

Disease – Auto Immune Disorder [Persistent]
                Your immune system has been compromised, rendering you vulnerable to secondary infections. This condition imposes a -2 penalty to all rolls to resist diseases, poisons, or toxins.
                You make a Resistance roll at the start of each interval at a -2 penalty. Success negates the damage and suppresses any penalties until the next interval. Auto Immune Disorder inflicts 1 bashing damage/interval, and you suffer the Sick (moderate) tilt while in combat. Any Damage inflicted by this condition cannot be recovered until it is either suppressed or resolved.
                Interval: 1 Week
                Possible Sources: AIDS, Radiation Sickness
                Resolution: Intensive Medical treatment
                Beat: Whenever fail a Resistance roll penalized by this condition.

Disease – Infected Injury
                You are suffering a severely infected injury, causing a fever and hindering your healing process.
                You make a Resistance roll at the start of each interval. Success negates the damage and suppresses any penalties until the next interval. An Infected Injury inflicts 1 lethal damage/interval, and you suffer the Sick (moderate) tilt while in combat.
                Interval: 1 day
                Possible Sources: suffering injury from an unsanitary object or in an unsanitary environment; dramatic failure on a Medicine roll
                Resolution: Exceptional successes on a Resistance roll; heal all current damage, amputation of the infected limb.

Disfigured [Persistent]
                You have suffered an injury or birth defect that mars your face, speech, or another important physical element of your social life. You suffer a -1 penalty to dice pools whenever the disfigurement would interfere in social relations, typically when making a first impression. More severe forms of disfigurement may increase this penalty to -2.
                Possible Sources: Aggravated damage, birth defect, damage caused by fire or acid, deliberate mutilation.
                Resolution: The character’s disfigurement is cured by mundane or supernatural means.
                Beat: The character may choose to fail a roll penalized by this condition.

Disturbed
                You have experienced or witnessed something that you find deeply troubling, distracting you from more immediate concerns. This condition imposes a -2 penalty to rolls involving perception or concentration.
                Possible Sources: Facing a breaking point
                Resolution: On any dramatic failure or exceptional success, the character may resolve this condition as they “get their head back in the game”.

Fatigue
                Your character is physically exhausted from intense activity or lack of rest.
                The characters body yearns for rest, and the lack thereof has begun to impede their faculties. The character suffers a -2 penalty to all actions. This penalty increases to – 3 after 48 hours awake, and you may begin to suffer hallucinations. The character is also very drowsy, and must make a Resolve +Stamina roll every 6 hours or falls asleep. Each additional 24 hours without rest beyond the first imposes a -2 penalty to this roll. The longest a person can go without sleep is a number of days equal to Stamina + Resolve, at which point he passes out.
                Possible Sources: sleep deprivation, prolonged strenuous exercise
                Resolution: The character resolves this condition by sleeping for at least 8 hours. Sleeping for less than this time does not resolve the condition, but negates any penalties for 12 hours.

Indoctrinated (Persistent]
                You have been coerced by an outside party to accept their values and beliefs as your own. This condition gives your character an aspiration dictated by the Indoctrinating party. The Indoctrinating individual, or members of the group with higher status than you, gain a +2 bonus to any Social action against you. In addition acting against the goals of the Indoctrinating group (either directly or indirectly) is an Integrity breaking point with a penalty of –2.
                Possible Sources: brainwashing, integrity loss, torture
                Resolution: Deprogramming, Regain a dot of Integrity, lose another dot of Integrity, or achieve an exceptional success on a breaking point.
                Beat: The indoctrinating party makes you do something you wouldn’t normally do.

Insomnia
                Either by insomnia or intense nightmares, your character cannot sleep properly. Whenever your character tries to get at least six hours of sleep, roll Resolve + Composure. Success means sleep (and the proper regaining of Willpower in the morning). Failure indicates that you sleep fitfully or perhaps not at all; you awaken without regaining Willpower and you suffer any appropriate fatigue penalties from lack of sleep.
                Possible Sources: Facing a breaking point
                Resolution: The Insomnia Condition remains active for a week minus one day per dot of the character’s Resolve + Composure, with a minimum of two nights’ lost sleep. The storyteller may rule that this condition is persistent, in which case it can be resolved if you regain a dot of Integrity, lose another dot of integrity, or achieve an exceptional success on a breaking point.
                Beat: If persistent, your character may choose to fail a roll penalized by this condition.

Sadism [Persistent]
                The character embraces cruelty, his sympathy vanishes and uses terror and cruelty to achieve its goals, with spite for any weakness shown or perceived. This cruelty inflicts a -2 penalty to all Social rolls that don't involve fear and intimidation
                Possible causes: Psychological trauma, Integrity loss
                Resolution: Regain a dot of Integrity, lose another dot of Integrity, or achieve an exceptional success on a breaking point.
                Beat: Someone the character really cares about is hurt by the cruelty.

Self-Destruction [Persistent]
                You are overwhelmed with the desire to cause harm to yourself. This can manifest as cutting, punching or hitting, burning, picking at wounds or sutures, self-biting, poking or stabbing, or ingesting of harmful items or substances. It should be noted that this condition is not suicidal in nature, although if not stopped it can accidentally cause severe injury or death.
                A character with the Self Destruction condition often becomes overwhelmed with the need to self-harm when put into a situation that in some way resembles the one that caused the condition. When confronted with such a situation, the character may roll Resolve + Composure. If you fail the roll, you will harm yourself at the next available opportunity with whatever is handy. You might not even notice you’re doing it. This compulsion may be suppressed for a scene by spending a point of willpower.
                Resolution: Regain a dot of Integrity, lose another dot of integrity, or achieve an exceptional success on a breaking point.
                Beat: Inflict 2 or more damage (lethal or bashing) to yourself.

Xenophobic [Persistent]
                You have a deeply held conviction that your race, religion, or culture is intrinsically better than any other, and have an antipathy and mistrust of anyone from outside your chosen group. You suffer a -2 penalty to social actions with anyone from outside your group, as your disdain colors even simple interactions.
                Possible Sources: Be raised by a society that exposes xenophobic beliefs.
                Resolution: Learn to value and respect others from outside your group; reject your xenophobic values.
                Beat: Whenever your attitude causes you to do something that hinders the group or causes complications.
                Last edited by Reighnhell; 06-15-2014, 04:59 PM.

Curios, Relics, and Tomes - A collection of Relics (Cursed and Otherwise)
                The Horror Lab - A collection of Beasts, Monsters and less definable things.
                Strange Places - A collection of Dark, Mysterious, and Wondrous Locations
                Twilight Menagerie - A collection of Ephemeral Entities

Comment

Here are a few more conditions I have cooked up.

Behavior Blind [Persistent]
                  Your character doesn’t really understand human behavior and is blind to common social cues that communicate other people’s basic feelings. He can’t tell when others use sarcasm or innuendo, or if he’s boring them. The character suffers a -2 penalty to any roll to detect or understand another person’s moods.
                  Possible Sources: Neurological conditions, Socially Maladapted, Traumatic Upbringing
                  Resolution: Counseling, Therapy, and regular positive social interaction.
                  Beat: When this condition is directly related to a setback that delayed or prevented your character from achieving his goals (such as when an important contact or ally refuse to help due to being insulted or disgusted by your character’s behavior.)

Drugged – Hallucinogen [Tilt]
                  Effect: Your character has imbibed a hallucinogenic drug, such as peyote or LSD. Your character suffers a –2 die penalty to all dice polls and to Defense. Your character may experience confusing, frightening or enraging hallucinations, although he may manage to realize that they exist only in his drugged mind. (Roll Intelligence + Streetwise or Empathy, with the -2 penalty in place, to gain any such “clarity,” after which Stamina + Resolve rolls can be made to resist the effects.) Composure is likely to be affected by a “trip,” with a bonus or penalty depending on whether your character hallucinates when he sees anything, or he assumes that anything he sees is a hallucination. He might see an ordinary person and interpret her as a monster, or see a monster and interpret her as an ordinary person
                  Causing the Tilt: If the character has chosen to take drugs, then he suffers the effects. To administer drugs to another character is a Dexterity + Weaponry attack, suffering a −1 modifier for the improvised weapon.
                  Ending the Tilt: The effects of hallucinogens persist for 8 - (victim’s Stamina + Resolve) hours. This time is halved by medical help, such as pumping the victim’s stomach or flushing his system.

Drugged – Intoxicant [Tilt]
                  Effect: Your character is drunk on alcohol, or similar intoxicant, and is dulled to the world around her. While she’s probably not hallucinating, her inhibitions and reactions are both lower than they should be. Your character suffers a –2 die penalty to all Intelligence, Dexterity and Wits dice pools. Characters using Social maneuvering against her face two fewer Doors than usual.
                  Causing the Tilt: If the character imbibes a number of drinks greater than his stamina in the span of an hour, then he suffers the effects. The penalty increases to -4 if the character imbibes more than twice his stamina within an hour. Anything more than this causes the character to take the Sick or Poisoned Tilt as well.
                  Ending the Tilt: The penalty fades at the rate of one die per hour until all the alcohol is purged from your character’s system. This time is halved by medical help, such as pumping the victim’s stomach or flushing his system.

Drugged – Marijuana [Tilt]
                  Effect: Your character is high on marijuana or similar drug. Lose one die from any Dexterity-, Intelligence-,
                  Resolve- and Wits-based dice pools for every joint smoked or for each hit your character takes from a bong within an hour (maximum -3). Defense is also reduced accordingly.
                  Causing the Tilt: If the character has chosen to take drugs, then he suffers the effects.
                  Ending the Tilt: This effect fades completely an hour after the last hit, unless your character continues to “self -medicate”.

Drugged – Narcotic [Tilt]
                  Effect: Your character is under the influence of a narcotic (such as heroin, morphine, or barbiturates). The character suffers a −2 modifier to Speed (and static Defense, if used) and a −3 penalty to all rolls in combat, including Defense and Perception. The character also ignores wound penalties.
                  Causing the Tilt: If the character has chosen to take drugs, then he suffers the effects. To administer drugs to another character is a Dexterity + Weaponry attack, suffering a −1 modifier for the improvised weapon.
                  Ending the Tilt: A generic narcotic lasts for 10 – (victim’s Stamina + Resolve) hours. This time is halved by medical help, such as pumping the victim’s stomach or flushing his system.

Drugged – Stimulant [Tilt]
                  Effect: Your character has taken a hit of a potent stimulant, such as Cocaine, Crystal Meth, or Speed. Your character gains a bonus die to Strength and Stamina rolls, but also become edgy and paranoid (-2 to Social rolls).
                  The Storyteller may apply other conditions and effects of the drug based on the volume that your character takes, on how pure it is and on your character’s state of mind.
                  Ending the Tilt: A stimulant lasts for 8 – (victim’s Stamina + Resolve) hours, (minimum 1 hour). This time is halved by medical help, such as pumping the victim’s stomach or flushing his system.

Nausea [Tilt]
                  Your bile rises and you fight back the nearly overwhelming urge to vomit.
                  Effect: The character suffers a -2 penalty to his dice pools, and his Defense, Speed and Initiative are reduced by 1.
                  Causing the Tilt: Exposure to powerful odors or other upsetting stimuli can cause this tilt. Creatures without a sense of smell or with inhuman dietary habits may be immune to this tilt.
                  Ending the Tilt: The effects of this Tilt normally last until the end of the scene. The character can end the Tilt during her own action by reflexively spending a point of Willpower to gather steady her stomach. The character can also end the tilt by giving in to the compulsion to vomit, suffering the “Stunned” tilt for a turn, doing little other than being violently ill.

Suffocate [Tilt]
                  Thin air or crushing pressure cut of your air supply, slowly but surely asphyxiating you.
                  Effect: This Tilt applies a general sense of being suffocated to a character without worrying about holding their breath during combat. For the purposes of this Tilt, suffocation is either “moderate” or “grave”. Moderate Suffocation represents thin or tainted air, or hampered respiration, and causes 1 point of bashing damage per turn of combat. Grave Suffocation represents total oxygen deprivation, and ups the damage to 1 point of lethal damage per turn. If the Storyteller cares to continue the effects of Suffocation outside of combat, he can apply the standard rules for holding one’s breath (“Holding Breath,” p. 49 of the World of Darkness Rulebook).
                  Causing the Tilt: The character might suffer this tilt if they are in an environment with thin, tainted, or absent air (such as in a deep cave, or the smoke filled halls of a burning building). Additionally, this tilt might be inflicted during combat, with an attacker actively trying to prevent the character from drawing breath.
                  Ending the Tilt: Breathing clean air or escaping from the attacker is typically enough to end the tilt. Supernatural powers that heal injury cannot heal damage from suffocation, but such damage heals natural at a faster than normal rate (1 bashing/5 minutes, 1 lethal/15 minutes). Creatures that do not breathe are immune to this tilt.

Winded [Tilt]
                  You are out of breath, lightheaded, and mildly nauseous.
                  Effect: The character suffers a -2 penalty to physical rolls requiring strength or endurance and cannot run.
                  Causing the Tilt: The character might suffer this tilt after intense physical activity (especially if the character has low scores in Stamina or Athletics). This tilt may also be the result from bashing damage in excess of the characters stamina being inflicted. This Tilt may also be persistent in the character has broken ribs or chronic asthma.
                  Ending the Tilt: The character can take no actions for a turn, which ends the tilt.

Comment

More variety for exceptional success rolls (and some dramatic failures). Some Vampire flavouring here and there:

Backdoor Entry
                    You’ve broken in somewhere before, and you’ve made sure the next few times will be easier. Whenever you try to get to the same spot again (or, in some cases, leave it undetected), you may simply roll a single test that best represents the biggest challenge involved (stealth if there’s a lot of guards, larceny if the locks are the greatest concern, etc...) rather than having to make multiple tests. You get a +2 to this test. If you fail the test, you still manage to get where you want undetected, but accidentally don’t hide your personal backdoor entrance well enough, so that somebody finds it before your next visit. Resolve the condition immediately upon failing the roll. The player may also resolve the condition during long downtimes, whenever he or she wishes.
                    Possible sources: The Larceny, Computer (for electronic networks) or stealth exceptional successes. Should only be given for places the PC is likely to visit more than once.
                    Resolution: Fail an entry roll or resolve the condition as above.

Beginner’s Luck
                    You’re exceptionally lucky, especially where things that you have no business being proficient at are concerned. You may resolve this condition whenever you attempt a roll whose dicepool includes a skill you have 0 ranks in; if you do, treat yourself as having 1 rank instead, and achieve exceptional success on 3 rather than 5 successes. Exceptional successes achieved in this way do not grant additional conditions.
                    Possible sources: Any sort of exceptional success that invokes a feeling of luck, especially in a field where the character is not or only marginally proficient.
                    Resolution: Boost a non-proficient skill roll as described above.
                    Beat: -

Flash of Genius
                    Your tinkering has given you ideas on how to do it even better. Next time you make a crafting check involving the relevant field, you may designate a special feature the finished product should possess. This might be increased potency, a hidden firearm in the hilt, or anything else you and your GM can agree on. This feature does not make the test any harder than it normally would have been, and you do not need to spend any additional resources on it. In addition, you may ignore the first failed roll of the extended test, rather than being forced to take a condition or give up. Resolve this condition after the invention attempt, succeed or fail.
                    Possible sources: Any Crafting skill, certain expression skills.
                    Resolution: Attempt to invent something.

Furious
                    Your character is overcome by anger and frustration. You can barely contain yourself and lash out at smallest provocation. You have hard time focusing on anything that requires concentration or collected thoughts. Gain -2 on such actions. In addition gain -2 on checks to resist Frenzy.
                    Possible Sources: -
                    Resolution: Lash out at someone or something, causing at least 4 levels of damage or massive destruction, or suffer a Breaking Point.

Greedy
                    Your character just has to have something, the more the better. The target of greed can be anything material from money to anything else. Simply put, the target of your character's greed seems just as important as food for a starving person. Lose a point of Willpower to resist the urge to plot or act to acquire the target of your greed every time you come into contact with it.
                    Possible Sources: -
                    Resolution: Attempt to acquire the target of the greed, damn the consequences.

Lasting Impression
                    Whatever you did last time left a lasting impression. You can resolve this condition any time you attempt to influence the person you got this condition for. When you do, you can treat a failed check as a success, and an exceptional success only requires three successes.
                    Possible sources: Spectacular athletics, any exceptional success social roll trying to influence someone (even animal ken), expression skills.
                    Resolution: Resolve the condition as described above.

Lonely (Persistent)
                    Your character has been feeling isolated and unsupported lately. She is inclined to grab onto almost any relationship or human interaction that presents itself and throw themselves all into it to ascertain a successful friendship.
                    Your character suffers a -2 penalty against manipulate checks and -2 on bluff checks when confronted by someone who appears friendly or whom your character deems as a possible new ally. Condition is lost upon humanity loss or by taking any merits that grant your character connections.
                    Possible sources: Waking up from torpor, losing last touchstone, (sometimes losing humanity), lengthy periods of solitude (5+ years).
                    Resolution: Reconnect with a Touchstone, acquire new Touchstone, gain a point in Allies, Contacts or equivalent Merit, or make significant social strides.
                    Beat: Avoid social encounter because of your isolated mood and suffer for it.

Lulled
                    Your character is certain of their safety. She thinks that whoever she is with or wherever she currently is effectively protects her state of body and mind from harm. The character thinks that nobody is really going to fuck her or her plans up and continues onwards courageously. Your character gets a penalty of 2 on all Perception checks until the condition is resolved.
                    Possible sources: Being manipulated, things going way too well for awhile, general mood
                    Resolution: Being betrayed, Suffering lethal damage from a surprise attack, etc.

Momentum
                    You’re on a roll, and you just keep on rolling. When you gain this condition, you get a +1 modifier to all actions, except those that require you to stop and pause for an extended amount of time. Whenever you score a success, this modifier increases by 1; however, whenever you’re in a situation where careful deliberation is required or recklessness might be punished (say, in an ambush) you take a penalty to your roll equal to your current bonus modifier, or the opponent gets a bonus to his roll if the check is tested against your resistance attributes. At any time you can end this condition by taking a few moments to catch a breather. If your modifier is at least +3 at this point, resolve the condition, if it isn’t, simply remove it instead.
                    Possible sources: Exceptional success on an athletics check or an extended test; any exceptional success during something that would seemingly benefit from a bit of momentum. Could also apply in social situations (you get the crowd in your favour, and use the momentum of the positive mood to keep going).
                    Resolution: Have a +3 modifier from the condition when you purposefully end it; get hit in combat; get stopped dead in your tracks by an insurmountable obstacle.

Streetcred
                    The streets whisper your character’s name. Maybe he has done something daring, or just made the right connections. Whatever the case, for now the character can put the most valuable thing on the streets to work for him, his reputation.
                    Character can resolve this Condition to treat a failure on any Streetwise check or any other check to deal with street savvy characters as a success or to gain exceptional success with 3 successes instead of 5.
                    Possible Sources: Exceptional successes on Streetwise check, pulling out a daring heist, putting a beat down on a gang boss
                    Resolution:Use your streetcred to your advantage.

Watchful
                    Your character is closely aware and alert of any changes in an area due to his intimate knowledge of it. He can use this knowledge to his aid whenever situational awareness could benefit him.
                    So long as your character benefits from this condition, he gains +2 to every roll where knowledge of terrain, environment, enemy positions and/or other key features of the area matters. Additionally you can at any point resolve this condition to treat a failed Perception check as a success.
                    Possible sources: Exceptional success on a Streetwise, Investigation, survival or knowledge check that has to do with looking through, examining or researching an area.
                    Resolution: Leave the area this condition applies to, or resolve it voluntarily as described above. At any time, the GM may decide drastic changes or long periods of non-watchfulness (like when you go to sleep or have a long meeting) may resolve the condition without you actually physically leaving the area.

Wealth
                    Your character has gained sudden influx of wealth and riches. These can be anything from coins to valuable artifacts but they hold little use beyond their monetary value. Gain temporary Resources merit. The rating of the merit depends on the situation. These Resources can be used only for one acquirement.
                    Possible Sources: Exceptional success in negotiating, hidden treasures...
                    Resolution: Spend the temporary resources

Comment

latest batch.

Irradiated
                      You have been exposed to high levels of radiation, and have become radioactive, meaning that others who come into contact with you stand the risk of taking a small dose themselves. The area surrounding you (typically 2 meters) has the Radioactive (Moderate) tilt.
                      Possible Sources: Exposure to high levels of radiation without protection.
                      Resolution: The condition fades after (10 - Stamina) days. However, you and frequently worn or carried items may show elevated radiation levels indefinitely.

Radioactive [Environmental Tilt]
                      The area is bathed in a harmful degree of radioactivity.
                      Effect: For the purposes of this tilt, the effects of Radiation are moderate, severe or extreme.
                      Moderate radiation (damaged hospital equipment or a decades old test site) causes headaches and nausea, inflicting the Sick (moderate) tilt. The victim also suffers 1B damage every two turns (to a maximum of 5B).
                      Severe Radiation (such as from poorly stored waste materials or plutonium bars) causes fatigue, nausea, sterility, and weeping sores. This inflicts the Sick (Grave) tilt, the Disease-Auto Immune Disorder (Severe) Condition and the Irradiated Condition. The victim also suffers 1L damage every two turns (to a maximum of 5L).
                      Extreme Radiation (such as caused by dirty bombs or exposure to unshielded reactors), is almost universally fatal.
                      In addition to the symptoms caused by Severe Radiation, the victim also endures internal hemorrhaging and eventually the voiding of intestinal lining. This inflicts the Sick (Grave) tilt, the Disease-Auto Immune Disorder (Severe) Condition and the Irradiated Condition. The victim also suffers 2L damage every two turns (to a maximum of 10L).
                      Radiation may inflict other secondary tilts and conditions at the Storytellers discretion.
                      Causing the Tilt: Exposure to Radioactive environments and materials.
                      Ending the Tilt: Leaving the contaminated area. Persistent conditions caused by this tilt may linger and require intensive medical aid.

Comment

No PMS and derivative conditions?

Comment

Good to see this thread revived!

RE: PMS?
                          Nope, not touching this one.

RE: More Conditions

Here are some newer ones I've added to my files

Child [Persistent]
                          Your character is a pre-adolescent (typically between 7-12 years of age). Character at this stage of development have several disadvantages when compared to an adult; their base size is 4, their Speed factor is 4, and any unarmed attack made against an adult or adult sized creature suffers a -2 penalty. However, the characters smaller stature works to their advantage in some situations; against adults they gain a +1 die bonus to Stealth, Breaking Free of Grapple, or when Dodging.
                          Resolution: This condition is a normal part of human development and is shed over time as the character matures. However, supernatural circumstances can trap an adult in a child’s body either temporarily or indefinitely.
                          Beat: When the characters youth causes a significant social or physical set back (especially when dealing with adults).

Compulsion
                          Your character suffers from compulsive, repetitive behavior pattern. If the character is bored, frustrated, stressed, or exposed to specific triggering stimuli, you roll Resolve + Composure. If the roll fails, your character engages in a particular compulsive behavior for a scene. This behavior may be suppressed by spending a point of willpower. Behaviors might include repetitive hand-washing or cleaning, counting objects around him, lighting small fires, or straightening or arranging items incessantly.
                          Resolution: When your character’s compulsion causes her to do something that hinders the group or complicates things

Corrupted (Persistent)
                          Your darkest nature and most venial impulses are forced to the surface. While this condition is active, you no longer gain willpower from your Virtue. You can still act virtuously, but no mechanical reward awaits them. Fulfilling your Vice regains Willpower normally. Fulfilling your Vice in a way that leads to a breaking point roll regains all spent Willpower, regardless of whether the breaking point roll succeeds or fails.
                          Resolution: Whenever acting out your Vice causes a significant personal setback. This condition is usually caused by a supernatural influence or curse; lifting the curse or removing the influence allows this condition to be shed.

Danger Magnet
                          Fate has it in for you as dangerous occurrences and potentially deadly accidents follow you like a hungry dog. The Storyteller has a pool of dice equal to 10 – (character’s Integrity). Once per chapter, the Storyteller can roll these dice as a Weapon +0 attack against the character, representing a freak occurrence or dangerous mishap of some short (slippery floors, stray bullets, loose wires, etc).
                          Resolution: Take 3 or more points of damage from this condition at a single time.

Dissociative Identity Disorder [Persistent]
                          You have suffered a trauma severe enough that it fractures your character personality into one or more additional personas, allowing you to deny your trauma or any actions the trauma causes by placing the blame on “someone else.” An abused person might develop a tough-as-nails survivor personality, create a “protector” or even become a murderer to deny the abuse she suffers. The personalities may or may not be aware of each other, and they come and go through your character’s mind in response to specific situations or conditions.
                          The character selects a specific breaking point. If a Breaking Point roll involving this specific breaking point is failed, the alternate persona takes over for the rest of the scene. On a dramatic failure the alternate personality remains in control until another roll for a specific breaking point is failed (this could be the same breaking point or a different one). This alternate personality usually has its own virtue, vice, aspirations and Breaking Points. The persona may also manifest different Skills (all skills are purchased normally, but certain personalities might not be aware they have such skills or may use them to different degrees of proficiency).
                          Possible Sources: Neurological conditions, Psychological trauma, encountering a breaking point
                          Resolution: Regain a dot of Integrity, or achieve an exceptional success on a breaking point. Long term psychological treatment can also re-integrate the personalities.
                          Beat: When this the actions of one of the characters alternate persona causes severe complications in the life of the primary personality.

Fever
                          Your body’s attempts to fight an infection have driven your temperature to uncomfortable levels. In most cases, a fever by itself is not life threatening, but causes fatigue, sensitivity to pain, and impairs concentration.
                          Your character suffers a -1 penalty to all rolls due to pain and discomfort (this is cumulative with pain based penalties from other sources). This condition usually causes the Lethargic condition as well.
                          Possible Sources: Illness, certain drugs or poisons, heatstroke, infected injuries.
                          Resolution: When the illness runs its course, medical treatment to lower the body temperature, proper medications.

Forgetful
                          The character also suffers from what amounts to short term memory loss. The character suffers a -2 penalty on any Mental roll used to recall a detail or piece of information.
                          Possible Sources: Cranial Trauma, Drug Use, Old age
                          Resolution: curing the condition or ceasing the behavior causing the memory loss.

Lucky
                          Fortune smiles upon your character. When you roll for a reflexive or extended action, upon discovering the results of that roll, may resolve this Condition and “upgrade” the level of success. The level of success moves up only by one rank – a Dramatic Failure becomes a Failure, a Failure becomes a Success, or a Success becomes an Exceptional Success. In describing how it manifests, make it clear that some element of luck is in play.
                          Resolution: Use the Condition, as noted.

Malefactor [Persistent]
                          Your character has been exposed to forces that have warped your perspective and values. For as long as you have this Condition, your use of Virtue and Vice is reversed. You may regain one Willpower point per scene by fulfilling your Virtue without having to risk yourself, and regains full Willpower once per chapter by fulfilling your Vice in a way that poses a threat to yourself.
                          Resolution: Whenever acting out your Vice causes a significant personal setback. This condition is usually caused by a supernatural influence or curse; lifting the curse or removing the influence allows this condition to be shed.

Necrotized Wound
                          You are suffering a painfully infected injury, to the degree that the damaged tissue is beginning to rot. This slows the healing process, can cause long term scarring, and is incredibly painful.
                          Your character suffers a -1 penalty due to the pain of the injury, and doubles the amount of time it would take for the wound to heal.
                          Possible Sources: suffering injury from an unsanitary object or in an unsanitary environment, certain diseases or poisons.
                          Resolution: Heal all current damage, medical treatment to clean the dead tissue from the wound, amputation of the necrotized limb.

Numbed [Tilt]
                          Description: Your body is not registering any sensation beyond a dull tingling.
                          Effect: If the character’s sense of touch has been numbed, they suffer a -2 penalty to tactile-based Perception checks or actions that involve acute manual dexterity. Usually this tilt only effects a single portion of the body, but can affect the entire body in extreme cases. The character also ignores up to 2 points of wound or pain based penalties for the duration of this tilt.
                          Causing the Tilt: anesthetics, disease, extreme cold, paralysis
                          Ending the Tilt: For anesthetics, the tilt ends after 8 – (victim’s Stamina + Resolve) hours (minimum 1 hour). For disease, the tilt ends when the disease has run its course. For extreme cold the character must find a way to get warm.

Paralysis [Tilt]
                          Description: Your motor control of your body has been compromised, causing a degree of paralysis.
                          Effect: For the purposes of this Tilt, paralysis is either “moderate” or “severe” — moderate paralysis imposes a -2 penalty to all physical actions (including Defense and Speed). Severe paralysis immobilizes the character completely. He can’t apply Defense against incoming attacks, and can’t take physical-related actions. The character may spend a point of Willpower to reduce the severity of the paralysis (negating the penalty for moderate paralysis or reducing severe paralysis to moderate) for 1 turn.
                          Causing the Tilt: drugs, poisons, neurological injury
                          Ending the Tilt: The tilt ends condition ends when the situation that caused the Tilt ends(recovery from the drug or poison, or healing the injury).

Comment

Long Bleeding
                            Your character is slowly dying from physical trauma he get. However, in contrast to Bleeding Tilt, it will takes minutes instead of seconds, so there is way to get him to medical team or hospital, if taken soon enough. For each minute he gets 1 Bashing damage. He also get’s -1 dice modifier to actions from his wounds and it can rise the penalties from marked last Health boxes.

Possible Sources: Massive physical trauma, like accident. Aimed shot in to major organs, without passing Stamina level of damage.

Resolution: In contrast to Bleeding Tilt, simple First Aid roll will not be enough to stop this Condition. Character need to go over medical procedure that works as small operation. When characters at least one wound is lowered in severity ( from Lethal to Bashings or from Aggravated to Lethal ) character can resolve this Condition. However, wounds can reopen if character relive next, even slightest, physical trauma – if character get even 1 Bashing damage before full healing wounds that caused this Condition, he get’s it back.

Beat: Your character lose conciseness from the damage cause by this Condition.

Homeless (Persistent)
                            Character does not have his own home and probably live on the street. She cannot also found new one. If character do not sleep in some kind of shelter, she does not get Willpower from resting for that night. Forced starvation or dehydration can lead her to Deprived Condition or even Sick Tilt. Long time without shower makes other people to be off putted by her presence - every Social Maneuvering with character without this Condition starts on one level lower Impression than normal. Character also cannot buy dots in Resources Merit.

Possible Sources: Life tragedy, like fire in previous house or loss of family. Lost of wealth or job.

Resolution: Getting steady income enough to sustain living in normal accommodation for at least month. Help from close ones, letting to support character.

Beat: Character makes other people to leave his presence. Character get’s free food, clothes or money on them from other.

Anxiety (Persistent)
                            This character has psychosomatic problems with controlling stress. Whenever she have fight with their life partner, large work stress or just some hard day, she can have hyperventilate episode. Each time character is under large stressful situation ( i.e. he rolls any dice pools ) she takes -1 penalty to next Resolve + Composure rolls. This penalty is cumulative but is reset with at least 4 hours rest or calming activity, else getting Willpower point from Vice of character. When Resolve + Composure roll is Dramatic Failure, character has episode and need to calm down at least for a few minutes ( many times it goes up to one hour ) or take drugs based on Valerian. If not, he will be treated as Suffocating, only with intervals of 15 minutes between damage points.

Possible Sources: Long lasting stress. Specific health background.

Resolution: Long lasting treatment. Some mind alterations?

Beat: Whenever in stressful situation character stops what she is doing for ‘taking a breath’ to not collect next penalty point.

Back Pains (Persistent)
                            This character has Low Back Pain (LBP), Sciatica or any other similar backs disorder. The need to avoid lifting weights and watch out for fatigue his back. When characters Lifts as more than his Stamina limits instead of his Strength, he get’s large pain that is almost paralyzing. Character have -3 wound penalty until he takes large dose of pain killers and lay for at least 8 hours in once position ( hard bed is preferred ). If not taking his general meds, he need to roll d10 each day and if get 1, he get’s -1 wound penalty until he takes his day-to-day meds.

Possible Sources: Massive physical trauma, like accident. Obesity.

Resolution: Complicated illness like this can be only treat by operation or long running rehabilitation.

Beat: Character tries to lift things over it’s Stamina levels.

(Next one is why I cannot partake in Vampire LARPs )

Nosebleeds (Persistent)
                            This character has weak blood vessels in her nose. She will bleed with small dosage of blood when under stress or with unfavourable weather - as heat or high atmospheric pressure. If character does not take her meds, she must roll d10 each day and if get 1, she will get nose bleed sometimes in following day. It works as 1 Bashing damage after 15 minutes of bleeding. Using cold compress or similar methods should stop bleeding. Any rolls with other characters seeing untamed bleeding will get -3 on her dice pools, as rest of society is a bit disgusted seeing blood on her clothes and coming from nostrils. Any vampire seeing or smelling character can be compelled to drink her blood. ( I do not know Vampire mechanics enough on this – could someone help me with this last effect? )

Possible Sources: Genetic predispositions.

Resolution: Repeated each half year intervention on nose should resolve problem. It can return later.

Beat: Character is bleeding in public space.

Outsider (Persistent)
                            This character looks and acts counter to the main society. Depending on location or history era, this character can be from untouchable caste Dalit in India or Burakumin in Japan, gay, hippie, punk, goth or any radical counterculture of the time. Character have -1 to -3 penalty on social rolls with others depending on target conservative worldview. Mainstream target would have -1 and ultraconservative would have -3 penalty. Character also add one more Door for each penalty point to the target’s pool in Social Manuvering.

Possible Sources: Niche lifestyle. Sexual orientation.

Resolution: Character integrates with mainstream. She changes her act and look to be with norm or even is lifted to proper society of location and era.

Beat: Whenever characters status leads to conflict with authorities or community.

Instrumentalist ( Persistent, Awakened only )
                            You character, even if technically mage, does not see that her miracles are coming from her. Whatever if she is die hard scientists, seeing her magic as advanced technology, or dedicated priest, believing they are granted by her patrons – she cannot “cast” any spell without utilizing appropriate Yantras. She cannot force herself to acknowledge that Supernal power comes from her and by this, is slave to tools and ceremonies. When character tries to cast without at least one Yantra in accordance with its worldview, spell is automatic Dramatic Failure – resolve it’s effects on character and environment in accordance.
                            It’s very popular affliction in Nameless mages or some parts of Free Council. What’s even more disturbing, large parts of Banishers are under it.

Possible Sources: Specific background. Wisdom loss.

Resolution: Confrontation with reality of being mage. Dramatic Failure on spellcasting roll ( choose player and ST combined )

Beat: Character gives a "tribute" for higher force or analyze the "scientific basis" of his miracles (Arcane). Character undermines the Truth about the origins of magic in other sorcerers.
                            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 05-27-2016, 12:38 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                            LGBT+ through Ages
                            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

This is one I made recently
                              was hoping to get some feedback, good or bad
                              Panicked (Tilt)
                              Description: Your character has seen, felt or heard something that has made her unable to hold herself together. Leaving her with difficulty observing her surroundings and paying them any mind.
                              Effect: Your character takes a -2 penalty to all rolls while in the presence of the source of her frantic state. And reflexively moves half her speed away from the source each turn.
                              Causing the Tilt: A dramatic failure on a composure roll can cause the tilt. Some supernatural powers can break psyches and make the bravest men panik. Characters that have a strong phobia may be subject to this tilt as well.
                              Ending the Tilt: Spending a willpower will allow the character to ignore this tilt for the turn. Spending a willpower three turns in a row will allow the character to regain their senses. Alternatively when out of the presence of the source for an entire scene this tilt ends naturally.

Comment

Adrenaline Rush
                                Your character has been exposed to a dire threat to her well-being, and will suffer serious harm or worse if she doesn't get out of there right now. She cannot fight the threat, so she chooses flight instead. She gains +2 dice to all rolls for fleeing, hiding from or distracting the threat that is chasing her. This includes running, driving, crouching behind objects and throwing obstacles behind her. She also gains +2 to Initiative and +3 to Speed. However, she has difficulty spotting other threats, so she suffers a -2 penalty to Perception rolls for detecting those. Depending on how long she tries to flee, she might suffer the Winded Tilt (as posted above by Reighnhell).
                                Resolution: When your character successfully escapes or is caught anyway.

Let Him Speak.

Comment

Working...
                                X