Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GibberingEloquence View Post
    Adrenaline Rush
    Your character has been exposed to a dire threat to her well-being, and will suffer serious harm or worse if she doesn't get out of there right now. She cannot fight the threat, so she chooses flight instead. She gains +2 dice to all rolls for fleeing, hiding from or distracting the threat that is chasing her. This includes running, driving, crouching behind objects and throwing obstacles behind her. She also gains +2 to Initiative and +3 to Speed. However, she has difficulty spotting other threats, so she suffers a -2 penalty to Perception rolls for detecting those. Depending on how long she tries to flee, she might suffer the Winded Tilt (as posted above by Reighnhell).
    Resolution: When your character successfully escapes or is caught anyway.
    Mind, biologically speaking? An epinephrine rush does also boosts one's survival during a fight response.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephsy View Post

Mind, biologically speaking? An epinephrine rush does also boosts one's survival during a fight response.
      Well remembered. For a fight version of this Condition, use this: +2 to Initiative, +2 to Defense and +1 to all attack rolls. The penalty to Perception for other threats remains, and the Winded Tilt may still be applied.

"I hope you will have a long and happy life, if only so you can realize how stupid and wrong you are."

Comment

+1 to all those categories sounds fair enough, I think.

Comment

I'm so glad I found this thread, I posted a similar one on another site and got no replies. I just finished up my first Chronicle so I'm pretty new, but here's a few I've come up with.
          Conditions from Breaking Points:

I'm kind of unhappy with the standard 3 (Guilty, Shaken, and Spooked) Breaking Point conditions, as they are extremely vague, and Guilty has (so far) been very rarely appropriate. I made these three to help round out the conditions. One issue I've found is that my players rarely remember to roleplay the conditions, which I attribute to them being very vague, so I made these ones to have a more clear effect on the character's personality and interaction.

Incensed: Your traumatic experience has touched a primal response within your character, triggering a hostile outlook and inciting you to violence. You are on-edge and irritable. You cannot use Social Maneuvering except by Forcing Doors. Persuasion, Socialize, and Subterfuge skills suffer a -2 dice penalty.
          Resolution: Commit an act of violence, or an act of verbal abuse against a friend or neutral party, causing their impression of you to suffer.

Hysterical: Your character has cracked under pressure, causing you an excess of uncontrolled emotion, often expressed through inappropriate humor or nervous tics. Your state of mind is awkwardly obvious to those around you, easily drawing attention in public. When trying to converse with anyone who isn’t already friendly towards you, you must make a Presence + Socialize roll at -2. If you fail, they will make a polite excuse and leave as soon as possible, and will not be willing to hear you out if you pursue them.
          Resolution: Your character is confronted and made aware of their behavior. This can be as a result of some significant social faux pas or a friend using their own skills to convince you to change.

Engrossed: Your character is continuously distracted by dark thoughts and fears. When not otherwise occupied you tend to turn to introspection and have difficulty following the events around you.
          Perception and Initiative rolls suffer a -2 penalty, and Extended Actions take half-again as long for each step.
          Resolution: Confront the issues that originally caused the Breaking Point you received this Condition from, or succeed at another Breaking Point. If you succeed at another Breaking Point, do not take Engrossed again.

Non-Breaking Point Conditions:

These are just some conditions I made for specific use in the game I was running, but I think they could be useful here and there.

Demoralized:
          Your character’s confidence and resolve is damaged, making it difficult for them to give it their all. While Demoralized spending Willpower gives you only +1 dice instead of +3, and rolls to resist Breaking Points do not gain Integrity bonuses.
          Resolution: Make an Exceptional Success, or succeed at the task you were attempting when you were Demoralized.

Numbed: Your body has been touched by some detrimental ephemeral substance, leading to a slight numbing of your body. While numbed you are always cold and shivering. Stamina, Strength, and Dexterity rolls are reduced by -1.
          Resolution: Meditate, or spend an hour in a warm, safe, comforting place.

Comment

Bluespade, I very like your's Conditions - but could you make them reformat to be more like those in rulebooks? They are somehow a bit hard to read in your post.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ through Ages
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean, I copied the format directly from the book.

Comment

Illiterate: Your character cannot read, most likely because they have never learned how. They cannot glean information or knowledge from written sources and any skills dealing will theoretical knowledge must be learned through oral traditions or direct teaching, which might severely limit how much your character can progress in these, or even give a penalty. The potential downsides of this Condition are largely up to the Storyteller.
                Beat: Take a beat when your character’s inability to read (and inability to have it read for them) causes them great danger, inconvenience, shame or to lose out on some very important information.
                Resolution: Your character finally learns how to read.

Income: Your character has a steady source of income from a job, goods manufactured or services provided. Pick a level from 1 to 5. This Condition replicates that level of the Resources Merit, given to the character at regular or semi-regular intervals depending on what type of job it is. Unlike the Resources Merit, this income is not given unconditionally; the character has to perform her duties adequately and dedicate time and effort to it.
                Resolution: Your character resigns, gets laid-off or worse, causing them to lose their source of income.
                Last edited by Aristarkos; 03-02-2017, 01:21 PM.

Comment

I've been trying to recreate Abyss Marked and Anachronism for two players in my game. Here's what I've been toying with, but I'm new to 2nd ed so balance can be an issue.

Abyss Marked: +1 to Paradox Rolls
                  Resolution: Spiritual purification, banishing of Acamoth/Gulmoth effect
                  Beat: Take a beat when the Abyssal Mark generates a successful Paradox.

Anachronism: -2 to all rolls involving modern technology or customs
                  Resolution: Purchasing a dot of Computers and two modern specialties
                  Beat: The goals of the character are hindered or prevented because of her anachronism.

Thoughts?

Comment

Fearsome Reputation
                    Your dreadful reputation precedes you and foes will not willingly initiate hostile action against you while they believe you are aware of them. To actually initiate a harmful action against the character requires one point of Willpower for the Scene. If the character attacks first, this is waved.
                    Resolution: Surrender or get Taken Out of a combat.

This one is in in conjunction with some other spirit-touched stuff (hence the explicit reference to ephemeral entities), but I tried to make it very general. It is subtly distinct from Leveraged in that it isn't strictly about social interaction. The primary use I had for it was as a representation for how many favors a character could "spend" for things.

Indebted (Persistent)
                    You owe someone a favor. Maybe they helped out one of your goals or Aspirations, maybe they saved your life. Either way, you are going to pay them back. This Condition is keyed towards the target you own a favor, and may exist multiple times, for each favor owed.
                    Possible Sources: Saving your life. Helping you fulfill an Aspiration at cost to themselves. For an ephemeral entity, deliberately helping them acquire Essence towards this end may count.
                    Resolution: Performing a favor at great cost to you for the target of the debt. For ephemeral entities, this could involve spending Essence upon solely their behalf.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

These are conditions I've made based on 1st Ed Innocents rules to translate them to 2nd to do so without a character sheet rewrite. They are meant to be used together for child (7-12 year old) characters.

Originally posted by Childhood as Three Conditions
                      Mentally a Child (Persistent)
                      You have the mentality of a child literally not figuratively. This may be because you are in fact a child, it also can be caused by a developmental disability, or brain trauma. While your character sheet reflects adulthood level of skills, while you have this condition all Mental skills greater than 1 are treated as 1 less and never greater than two. In contested Mental skills rolls those without this condition gain the Rote ability against you.

Physically a Child (Persistent)
                      You have the physical liability of a child's body. This may be because you are in fact a child, it also can be caused by possessing a child, or severe physical inability to compete with average sized adults possibly caused diminutive size and faulty coordination. While your character sheet reflects adulthood level of skills, while you have this condition all Physical skills greater than 1 are treated as 1 less and never greater than two. In non-Chase contested skills rolls those without this condition gain the Rote ability against you. You only have access to one specialty. Unarmed attacks made by you treat Stamina of the target as armor. Those without this condition use Down and Dirty Combat against you, unless your first declared action is to initiate a Chase Scene, in which case they must defeat you in that chase before initiating Down and Dirty Combat. Also your size is reduced by 1.

Socially a Child (Persistent)
                      You are treated by those that know you as a child is, and lack emotional maturity to interact in an adult way. This may be because you are in fact a child, or possibly an adult who failed to meaningfully grow up. When socially interacting with those without this condition who have greater than or less than a Excellent Impression towards you remove or add a Door for each level difference in order to influence that character or group. Those without this condition remove a Door for every Impression higher than Hostile in order to influence you. You are unable to use soft leverage against those without this condition and don’t have access to social merits which aren’t suited for children. While your character sheet reflects adulthood level of skills, while you have this condition all Social skills greater than 1 are treated as 1 less and never greater than two.
                      Sorry about the thread necromancy but this is the most recent post on this topic that came up in my search, for something I'd thought might be a stickied thread.
                      Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 11-03-2016, 08:30 PM.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
                      "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

A few more from my files

Coveted
                        The equipment with this condition is of exceptional quality and distinctive style, inspiring envy and drawing hungry gazes. Once per chapter, the Storyteller may have the equipment’s owner encounter someone who wants to relieve them of the item (by bribery, persuasion, or force). Regardless of method, this attempt has a pool of dice equal to (10 - the item owner’s Integrity).
                        Resolution: When the coveted equipment leaves its owners possession.

Déjà Vu
                        Your character has the remarkable sensation that they are reliving prior experiences. This Condition may be shed at any time to allow the character to succeed on one roll. If this roll is a contested action, the character wins. If the roll is a combat action, the character is considered to have 2 successes on the roll. Until this Condition is resolved, however, the character is distracted and suffers a –1 to all Perception rolls.
                        Resolution: Use the Condition, as noted.

Reckless
                        Your character gains an overwhelming confidence in his capabilities, becoming disdainful of caution or deliberation. He suffers a -2 penalty when taking extended actions. Any rolls to compel your character to impulsive action achieve exceptional success on three successes instead of five.
                        Resolution: The character acts on his first impulse, regardless of the consequences.

Resurrected
                        Your character has been returned to life by unnatural means. This condition can only be applied to a mortal character that has been killed. The character retains all traits, anchors, and integrity, and gains the following;
                        The character gains +1 dot in Strength and Stamina.
                        They heal bashing damage normally, but cannot heal lethal or aggravated damage. They do not check for unconsciousness when their health boxes are filled with lethal and reduce all Wound penalties by 1.
                        The character suffers a point of lethal damage every [Integrity] number of days as their body begins to rot.
                        Once they have taken a point of lethal damage in their last 3 health boxes they suffer a - 3 penalty to Social die pools as the physical damage and advancing putrescence become harder to ignore. Once the health boxes are filled with lethal, the Resurrected does not check for unconsciousness and continues to function, but is obviously an unnatural creature that could potentially trigger breaking points in others or themselves as they have to confront what they have become. Once the creature’s health boxes are filled with aggravated damage this condition resolves and the creature dies (again).
                        Resolution: As noted above.

Sadism
                        Your character embraces cruelty, her sympathy vanishes and she has nothing but spite for any weakness shown or perceived. This cruelty inflicts a -2 penalty to all Social rolls that don't involve fear and intimidation. When using Social Maneuvering, the characters First Impression is downgraded by one step, except if she is using Intimidation to force others to your point.
                        Resolution: The character suffers a major setback due to the social consequences of this Condition.

Troublemaker
                        The equipment with this condition is always seems to turn-up where it where it can cause the most trouble. Once per chapter, the Storyteller may place this object into a scene with a character that has made a Breaking Point roll for acting in accordance with their Vice. If the character takes possession of the object, they gain a +2 bonus to Breaking Points caused by acting in accordance with their Vice for as long as they possess the object. However, such objects are fickle and can vanish just as mysteriously as it arrived. The Troublemaker disappears the next time its possessor leaves it unattended.
                        Resolution: When the Troublemaker leaves its owners possession, voluntarily or otherwise.

Tuned Up
                        The vehicle has been freshly tuned, restoring performance to showroom quality. The driver may resolve this condition to gain a +2 bonus to the Vehicles Dice Modifier and a +10 bonus to Speed for the remainder of the scene.
                        Possible Sources: Achieving an exceptional success on a Build Equipment roll.
                        Resolution: As described above

The Artificer's Workshop - A collection of Exalted Artifacts
                        Curios, Relics, and Tomes - A collection of Relics (Cursed and Otherwise)
                        The Horror Lab - A collection of Beasts, Monsters and less definable things.
                        Strange Places - A collection of Dark, Mysterious, and Wondrous Locations
                        Twilight Menagerie - A collection of Ephemeral Entities

Comment

Originally posted by Reighnhell View Post
                          A few more from my files

Resurrected
                          Your character has been returned to life by unnatural means. This condition can only be applied to a mortal character that has been killed. The character retains all traits, anchors, and integrity, and gains the following;
                          The character gains +1 dot in Strength and Stamina.
                          They heal bashing damage normally, but cannot heal lethal or aggravated damage. They do not check for unconsciousness when their health boxes are filled with lethal and reduce all Wound penalties by 1.
                          The character suffers a point of lethal damage every [Integrity] number of days as their body begins to rot.
                          Once they have taken a point of lethal damage in their last 3 health boxes they suffer a - 3 penalty to Social die pools as the physical damage and advancing putrescence become harder to ignore. Once the health boxes are filled with lethal, the Resurrected does not check for unconsciousness and continues to function, but is obviously an unnatural creature that could potentially trigger breaking points in others or themselves as they have to confront what they have become. Once the creature’s health boxes are filled with aggravated damage this condition resolves and the creature dies (again).
                          Resolution: As noted above.
                          Mind if I steal this? I have an evil idea that this will fit well with.
                          Last edited by amechra; 11-06-2016, 03:06 PM.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by amechra View Post
                            Mind if I steal this? I have an evil idea that this will fit well with.
                            Of course. "Came Back Wrong" is one of my favorite Horror tropes, so I am happy this can see some use.

The Artificer's Workshop - A collection of Exalted Artifacts
                            Curios, Relics, and Tomes - A collection of Relics (Cursed and Otherwise)
                            The Horror Lab - A collection of Beasts, Monsters and less definable things.
                            Strange Places - A collection of Dark, Mysterious, and Wondrous Locations
                            Twilight Menagerie - A collection of Ephemeral Entities

Comment

Could use some feedback on these:

Condition - Hungry
                              You have gone several days without any real nourishment, which makes you weak, unfocussed and irritable. As long as the Hungry Condition persists, your Attributes are lowered by one dot, to a minimum of one.
                              Possible sources: Fasting, food poisoning
                              Resolution: You eat a nice big plate of food.
                              Beat: n/a

Condition – Famished
                              It has been quite some time since you last ate. Your insides starts to protest, your mind wanders, conjuring up the smells of your favourite foodstuffs. Until you resolve the Famished Condition your Attributes are lowered by three dots, to a minimum of one. At each interval you roll Resolve + Stamina. Failure means you fall unconcious for a number of minutes equal to 15 – (Resolve + Stamina). Furthermore, damage you suffer no longer heals naturally.
                              Interval: Three hours
                              Possible sources: Eating disorders, parasitic infection
                              Resolution: You eat several good meals.
                              Beat: Whenever your falling unconcious causes significant hindrance to attaining your own or your group's goals.

Condition - Starving
                              It has been weeks, you probably don't even remember when last your stomach was filled. Your body has started to consume itself. All you can think of is food. As long as the Starving Condition endures your Attributes are lowered by five, to a minimum of zero. You do not heal damage naturally. Any physical action requires a point of Willpower to be spend. And at each interval you roll Resolve + Stamina to stay conscious, dramatic failure means you also suffer a point of lethal damage.
                              Interval: Three hours
                              Possible sources: Exceptional cruelty, famine
                              Resolution: Medical treatment, over the course of days to slowly but surely increase your food intake.
                              Beat: Whenever you suffer a point of damage due to starvation. If seeking out food sources causes you to roll for a Breaking Point.
                              Last edited by Howalt; 11-21-2016, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Phobia, Mild (Persistent)
                                Your character has a fear of something which should be detailed upon taking this Condition. Any time your character is confronted with the object of her fear, she gains the Shaken Condition. If Shaken is resolved while your character is still in the presence of the object of fear, she regains the Shaken Condition. Any time a direct interaction with the object of fear occurs, roll Resolve + Composure. A dramatic failure replaces Shaken with Frightened.
                                Resolution: At ST discretion, a character who achieves a record of successful experiences with the object of her fear may ultimately overcome her phobia. Therapy may help.
                                Beat: Any time your character would gain the Shaken Condition as a result of this Condition, take the Frightened Condition instead.

Phobia, Strong (Persistent)
                                Your character has a fear of something which should be detailed upon taking this Condition. Any time your character is confronted with the object of her fear, roll Resolve + Composure. If the roll is successful, your character gains the Shaken Condition. On a failure, she gains the Frightened Condition. If Shaken is resolved while your character is still in the presence of her object of fear, reroll Resolve + Composure with the same results applying. Any time a direct interaction with the object of fear occurs, roll Resolve + Composure. With an exceptional success, your character retains the Shaken Condition; with any other roll outcome, it is replaced by the Frightened Condition.
                                Resolution: At ST discretion, a character who achieves a record of successful experiences with the object of her fear may eventually replace it with the Phobia, Mild (Persistent) Condition. Therapy may help.
                                Beat: Any time the character risks a possibly dangerous outcome in order to avoid the object of fear. For example: A character with a fear of needles avoids going in for a vaccine, even though she's worried the dog that bit her had rabies.
                                Last edited by Chesh; 02-02-2017, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X