No announcement yet.

Monster Mash 2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean... Second Chances already went through Deviant and Mummy, but he still hasn't gone through Promethean, Hunter, Demon or Beast. It shouldn't be too late to give suggestions for those last four.

~

Comment

Originally posted by Teatime View Post
      I mean... Second Chances already went through Deviant and Mummy, but he still hasn't gone through Promethean, Hunter, Demon or Beast. It shouldn't be too late to give suggestions for those last four.
      In fact, I'm actively brainstorming what options to give for those right now. Hunter has a theme, so that's a pretty done deal, but the others are very fair game for making suggestions!

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

Since I'm here, I always liked the idea of taking a sledgehammer to a concept just to see where it breaks. Basically, if Demon is a game of Tech-Gnostic Espionage, what happens if we replace any of these elements with something conceptually opposite? Like technology with nature and art, or espionage with celebrity and compulsive honesty. I don't know what to do with Gnosticism, though.

~

Comment

EDIT: scratch that, misunderstood.
          Last edited by ArcaneArts; 10-11-2021, 06:50 PM.

Kelly R.S. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
          Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Teatime View Post
            Tech-Gnostic Espionage
            Tech-Gnosticism is a full concept despite being a composite word. It isn't Tech + Gnosticism, even because it is in many ways different from Gnosticism (I mean, you can be both no problem, but they don't really relate).

Its opposite would be something that removes technological trans-humanism, empowering through simplicity, maybe? And either devoid of spirituality or reinforcing more traditional spiritual views, opposing the very notion of the God-Machine as God-like.

Somehow I pictured a Demon delving into Crúac.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
            #AutismPride
            She/her pronouns

Comment

Originally posted by monteparnas View Post
              Tech-Gnosticism is a full concept despite being a composite word. It isn't Tech + Gnosticism, even because it is in many ways different from Gnosticism (I mean, you can be both no problem, but they don't really relate).

Its opposite would be something that removes technological trans-humanism, empowering through simplicity, maybe? And either devoid of spirituality or reinforcing more traditional spiritual views, opposing the very notion of the God-Machine as God-like.

Somehow I pictured a Demon delving into Crúac.
              Don’t forget Obcasus Rites!

MtAw Homebrew:
              Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
              New 2E Legacies, expanded

Comment

Bit of a delay due to life, but the Hunter round is now up.

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

What happened to Round 7?

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                    What happened to Round 7?
                    Forgot to post it here. Maybe that's why the low turnout. T'was Mage. I'll leave it up a little longer if people still want to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                      Forgot to post it here. Maybe that's why the low turnout. T'was Mage. I'll leave it up a little longer if people still want to vote.
                      Ah, got'cha, I did see that.

Still need to vote, if it's open.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                        Ah, got'cha, I did see that.

Still need to vote, if it's open.
                        Might as well!

Comment

The Mash is still ongoing (as life is busy), but I also dropped a bonus supernal yesterday for Halloween! I'll finish up the rest of the threads once things quiet down a little more on the home front.

Comment

Working...
                          X