Monster Mash 2021 - Round 3 (Deviant)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Mash 2021 - Round 3 (Deviant)

Deviant doesn't have its own subforum, so it gets its name in the title. The Renegade face many monsters, but their biggest antagonists are the Conspiracies, so for this round I'm going to create a Consipriacy based on an organization from media. Here are your choices.

A) Ingen
    B) Wolfram and Heart
    C) Blackwatch
    D) The Yeerks

Going down to a three day cycle to make sure all the voting happens in October. Get yer votes in!

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

"Ingen" as in InGen from the Jurassic Park franchise?

Bloodline: The Stygians
    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

B) Wolfram and Hart.

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
        "Ingen" as in InGen from the Jurassic Park franchise?
        The very same. Got reasons for all four being on the list, but I definitely have a JP themed Deviant game brewing in the back of my head.

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

D - Simply because I loved Animorphs in childhood. ❤️

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
            The very same. Got reasons for all four being on the list, but I definitely have a JP themed Deviant game brewing in the back of my head.
            I asked because I honestly had no idea what you referred to before I googled it, and others might also appreciate the clarification. Maybe InGen is more prominent in the new movies, but I have no recollection of what the company was called in the original film. In contrast, the other three are heavily featured and name dropped in their respective franchises.

My vote goes to B.

Edit: Typing out the sources for all four might save some people some confusion.
            In the same order:
            Jurassic Park (film franchise)
            Angel (TV series, Buffy spin-off)
            Overwatch (game)Prototype (game)
            Animorphs (novel series)
            Last edited by Tessie; 09-28-2021, 11:59 AM.

Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
              Overwatch (game)
              This being a Deviant poll, I'm pretty sure it's Blackwatch as in the antagonists from Prototype.

Putting in my vote for B.
              Last edited by Satchel; 09-28-2021, 11:48 AM.

Resident Lore-Hound
              Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                This being a Deviant poll, I'm pretty sure it's Blackwatch as in the antagonists from Prototype.

Putting in my vote for B.

That makes more sense. But it's also an even better example for why including the options' respective franchises in the opening post would be a good idea.

Comment

D) The Yeerks

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Yeah, might want to list the media they're from.

That said, the Yeerks.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                    Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Gotta go with the Yeerks. Like Wyrd, Animorphs was a big part of my kidtimes, and I'd be hard-pressed to deny that it ended up influencing a lot of my tastes in ways both subtle and overt.

Comment

Yeah the Yeerks get my vote too. I know I’ve made a “Visitors are ghost Yeerks” joke before, but definitely wanna see the Yeerks.

Comment

A - It is the only one I personally have any remote attachment to and the I'm curious about a conspiracy devoted to making money out of reviving extinct species and going public in some way. Never had interest in Buffy or Angel, never had interest in Overwatch or Prototype, never saw or read anything of Animorphs, so they don't ring anything.

But I must admit that among the others I'm curious about a supernatural law firm. Animorphs seem interesting, but as a concept there's nothing too original about the Yeerk as far as I've seen in my Google search.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
                          #AutismPride
                          She/her pronouns

Comment

B is the only one I know, so I'm voting B

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Def A for sure

Comment

Working...
                              X