X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ipergigio
    • Mar 2014

Hopefully the final question.

My idea is about a human permanently fettered by a spirit. Which form adapt better to my concept?

Comment

• Satchel
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
      My idea is about a human permanently fettered by a spirit. Which form adapt better to my concept?
      If it's got any influence over the character's Variations, Symbiote; anything else is going to depend on other details.

Worth noting that simply being Fettered to a person can last indefinitely and doesn't usually break open their soul. What's the rest of the character concept?

Resident Lore-Hound
      Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

Comment

• Ipergigio
        • Mar 2014

The spirit is fettered to the human and lurks around into the twilight, and if needed the spirit take control over the human triggering the Monstrous Transformation. This unisual fetteted condition may fuels the deviant variations and scars.
        Last edited by Ipergigio; 05-30-2022, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Tessie
          • May 2016

The spirit is fettered to the human and lurks around into the twilight, and if needed the spirit take control over the human triggering the Monstrous Transformation. This unisual fetteted condition may fuels the deviant variations and scars.
          I think what Satchel meant is, what makes this particular Fettered spirit so different from others? Why does being Urged literally break the character's soul and turn them into a fullblown Deviant in this particular case?

Edit: Also, what happens if someone or something messes up the spirit that's just freely floating in Twilight?
          Last edited by Tessie; 05-30-2022, 05:44 PM.

Writer for Bloodlines: The Ageless on STV
          Some other stuff I've done: Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Satchel
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
            I think what Satchel meant is, what makes this particular Fettered spirit so different from others? Why does being Urged literally break the character's soul and turn them into a fullblown Deviant in this particular case?

Edit: Also, what happens if someone or something messes up the spirit that's just freely floating in Twilight?
            Yeah, this. A Coactive Divergence is more than just linking a spirit to an individual with the lightest possible touch — deviants of this sort are infused, which tends to mean the ephemeral being in question is either more thoroughly integrated or less specifically essential.

Relatedly, why is Monstrous Transformation keyed to an Alternate Persona instead of an Involuntary Stimulus, particularly given (now that I look at it again) the Persona doesn't actually have enough positive Deviations for it be at Magnitude 4 from the base effect? Indelible Mark and the Unpredictable Deviation will go a long way if you're intending to model it as "the spirit possesses the character whether they ask for it or not."

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

• Ipergigio
              • Mar 2014

Well, actually I'm triyng to emulate a sin-eater bound, but seems like it's going to be a pretty sophisticated task.

Comment

• Tessie
                • May 2016

Well, actually I'm triyng to emulate a sin-eater bound, but seems like it's going to be a pretty sophisticated task.
                In that case, why not just go with the Symbiote Form? You really don't need to stat out the spirit to have it hang around in Twilight. A Bound's Geist only has a projection in Twilight and can't act independently at all, unless it's Unleashed.

Writer for Bloodlines: The Ageless on STV
                Some other stuff I've done: Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Scriptorian
                  • Jan 2018

Should the modifications to the Deviant’s bite attack made by Inhuman Digestion stack with any benefits they get to bitting from an Animal Transformation? What about with the Biting Swarm or Lethal Swarm transformations?

The longer I study science the more I am convinced that it is functionally indistinguishable from what our ancestors would refer to as sorcery. And I would know, being both scientist and sorcerer.

Comment

• espritdecalmar
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Scriptorian View Post
                    Should the modifications to the Deviant’s bite attack made by Inhuman Digestion stack with any benefits they get to bitting from an Animal Transformation? What about with the Biting Swarm or Lethal Swarm transformations?
                    My instinct is to use the better rating from the two bite attacks, plus any extra bonus effects from either Variation, rather than direct stacking, though I couldn't say with certainty if that is what the authors intended.

Comment

• Anteros
                      • Nov 2013

If a Deviant teleports beyond 1 yard while using the Camouflage Variation without the Mobile effect, does she still benefit from Camouflage or not?

When will you rage?

Comment

• Satchel
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Anteros View Post
                        If a Deviant teleports beyond 1 yard while using the Camouflage Variation without the Mobile effect, does she still benefit from Camouflage or not?
                        Given that non-Mobile Camouflage frames the visual effects as "blending into the background" and says "moves more than 1 yard/meter" rather than "moves more than 1 yard/meter per turn," my reading of the spirit of the effect is "without the Mobile effect, Camouflage blends you in with the background of where you spent an instant action to toggle it, give or take a step in any direction." Teleportation will necessarily mess with that, as could be expected from using a Variation at Magnitude below 3.

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

• moonwhisper
                          • Sep 2020

Is the Conspiracy Surveillance roll done for the whole cohort or each player separately?
                          If a single roll is made for the whole cohort, how are the modifiers from different characters put together? E.g. one character lives of-the grid (-3), another instead has a bank account (+2)

Comment

• Satchel
                            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by moonwhisper View Post
                            Is the Conspiracy Surveillance roll done for the whole cohort or each player separately?
                            The former.
                            If a single roll is made for the whole cohort, how are the modifiers from different characters put together? E.g. one character lives of-the grid (-3), another instead has a bank account (+2)
                            As long as the total modifiers don't exceed +/-5, it just goes as normal. Maybe the Storyteller angles the result toward the character contributing more bonuses; acting against known accomplices and allies of the cohort is substantially easier when those allies are responsible for their connections to modern society.

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

• moonwhisper
                              • Sep 2020

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                              The former.
                              As long as the total modifiers don't exceed +/-5, it just goes as normal. Maybe the Storyteller angles the result toward the character contributing more bonuses; acting against known accomplices and allies of the cohort is substantially easier when those allies are responsible for their connections to modern society.
                              So in a group of 4 players, what would the total modifier be if 3 were homeless (-2) and one rented an apartment (+2) ?
                              What if instead 3 rented an apartment and one was homeless?

If I understand correctly, there wouldn't be any difference between the two cases as they would both result in 0, right?

Comment

• Satchel
                                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by moonwhisper View Post
                                So in a group of 4 players, what would the total modifier be if 3 were homeless (-2) and one rented an apartment (+2) ?
                                What if instead 3 rented an apartment and one was homeless?

If I understand correctly, there wouldn't be any difference between the two cases as they would both result in 0, right?
                                If those are the only modifying factors, I think that would be a net -4 and a net +4, respectively, since there are three of one and one of the other, not an even split.

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

Working...