So... Aliens in the clades companion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... Aliens in the clades companion

I have heard about aliens being something that will be in the clade companion, what do people mean by that? And where are they getting this information from?

Originally posted by Anyoneatall View Post
    I have heard about aliens being something that will be in the clade companion, what do people mean by that? And where are they getting this information from?
    I cannot explain anything until it's released. But I'm getting it from being the writer of that section.

EDIT: Well, okay, I can mention that it's a Form called Outsider, which is based on non-human things being shoved into icksy, squishy, and badly developed human forms (or others, if you pick up some of the other Forms). Sometimes by human conspiracies, sometimes by their own, sometimes on their own.

I can otherwise mention I had some personal ambitions, particularly in relation to "but I want to play an alien" commentary, but that's where the commentary stops for now.

EDIT: Okay, one other tidbit, the first thing I reached for for writing that section was the Visitor mononoke from the Golden Sky Stories supplement Twilight Tales. It wasn't a hard goal to make it so everything there could be represented, but it definitely formed a spiritual backbone for the section.
    Last edited by ArcaneArts; 05-26-2022, 07:09 PM.

Kelly R.S. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
      I cannot explain anything until it's released. But I'm getting it from being the writer of that section.

EDIT: Well, okay, I can mention that it's a Form called Outsider, which is based on non-human things being shoved into icksy, squishy, and badly developed human forms (or others, if you pick up some of the other Forms). Sometimes by human conspiracies, sometimes by their own, sometimes on their own.

I can otherwise mention I had some personal ambitions, particularly in relation to "but I want to play an alien" commentary, but that's where the commentary stops for now.

EDIT: Okay, one other tidbit, the first thing I reached for for writing that section was the Visitor mononoke from the Golden Sky Stories supplement Twilight Tales. It wasn't a hard goal to make it so everything there could be represented, but it definitely formed a spiritual backbone for the section.
      I know you probably can't talk about this but is this going to allow an alien from an ufo or it's going to be for weirder things?

If that's something you can't say i understand it

Comment

Among other things, the Outsider Form is meant to enable stories about extraterrestrials who are marooned or exiled on Earth and are pursued by human organizations that seek to study them. E.T. is the obvious and most spot-on example. It isn't going to establish the existence of any specific alien civilizations or anything, although troupes are welcome to do that at their tables.

Onyx Path Freelancer and Fantasy Author

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Zawadzki View Post
          Among other things, the Outsider Form is meant to enable stories about extraterrestrials who are marooned or exiled on Earth and are pursued by human organizations that seek to study them. E.T. is the obvious and most spot-on example. It isn't going to establish the existence of any specific alien civilizations or anything, although troupes are welcome to do that at their tables.
          Ok i get it, waiting to see how it comes out

Comment

I know you can't tell much about this, but is there going to be any option to represent them having some superadvanced technology?

Comment

The Clades Companion also has Prototype rules, which include super science devices. But extraterrestrials built as Deviants don't get, like, extra dots to reflect superior scientific understanding or anything. You can certainly do some reskinning of Variations like Hyper-Competence or Superhuman Attribute to reflect that. And of course their Variations (including Natural Variations) can always be flavored as some form of implanted tech.

Onyx Path Freelancer and Fantasy Author

Comment

Well that´s weird, but i am anyways excited to see how they will work

Comment

And of course their Variations (including Natural Variations) can always be flavored as some form of implanted tech.
                  Natural Variations being Variations that represent natural abilities before any Divergence?

Comment

Originally posted by Minty View Post
                    Natural Variations being Variations that represent natural abilities before any Divergence?
                    Yeppers!

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                      Yeppers!
                      Neat! Very curious to see how those differ from normal Variations. Every time I hear more about the companions I get even more excited.

Comment

Originally posted by Minty View Post
                        Wait what? O_O

Comment

Originally posted by Anyoneatall View Post

Wait what? O_O
                          I feel like this got sufficiently explained, barring that it also helps if you were a tiger or a smartphone before assholes gave you a bargain bin soul/-approximate.

Comment

Working...
                          X