Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spooky Ghosts and "Nice" Spirits - What Are YOUR Custom Numina?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spooky Ghosts and "Nice" Spirits - What Are YOUR Custom Numina?

Numina can be pretty cool, and picking out the right set can be kinda fun. There remains the fact that sometimes, you just can't find the Numina you want among those that already exist.

So, why not share your custom ones with the world?

Here are a few of mine:

Abduct
    This Numen is most commonly seen amongst Hobgoblins, though it has been observed amongst Ghosts and Spirits of Theft. The Ephemeral Being may spend 3 Essence to drag a mortal into Twilight, body and all; the activation roll is modified by Gauntlet Strength. The mortal retains their normal attributes, but is subject to the strange laws of that alien place.

Awful Presence
    This Numen is most common amongst Spirits of Light, Empyrean Angels, and similar "glorious" Beings. This Numen does not require a roll, and does not cost Essence. Instead, any mortal who can directly perceive the Being in a particular way and who has less Willpower dots than twice the being's Rank suffers the effects of a specific Personal Tilt for the rest of the scene. The Tilt is applied to all applicable pieces of anatomy (they would be Blinded in both eyes, or suffer Arm Wrack to both arms).

Note: Yes, this is kinda crazy; the voice of an angel Deafens the weak of will, while the gaze of a Light Spirit Blinds those that can't force their way through the pain. You could even have a "Glorious Messenger", against whom none can raise their hand (Beaten Down).

Overwhelming Persuasion
    There are two versions of this Numina; the first is common amongst most Angels and Spirits, while the latter is only seen among Ephemeral Beings of Rank 4 or higher, and rarely at that. The first version of this Numina allows the being to, as long as their Goal is thematically related to one of their Influences, spend 3 Essence to automatically open a Door. The second version is identical to the first, except it costs 6 Essence and automatically opens all Doors.

The gods will not be gainsaid in their demands, as mad as they are. And how can you say no to an Angel of gears and entrails?

Parasitism
    This Numen is most commonly seen in the Parasite Spirit Choir. An Ephemeral Being with this Numina may treat other Ephemeral Beings of the same type with similar Influences as if they had the appropriate base Condition for their type; they can't regain Essence from this "condition" unless that Being's Rank is two dots higher than their own. Ephemeral Beings with this Numina usually also have the Infest Manifestation Effect.

Note: Yes, this does allow Ephemera to Fetter, Possess, or Claim other Ephemera of the same type.
    Infest: By spending Essence equal to another Ephemeral Being's Rank, the user permanently replaces one of the other Ephemeral Being's Influences with one of their own; this can be grounds for changing the targeted Ephemeral Being's Ban or Bane. Ephemeral Beings that do not wish to be Infested can spend Essence to negate Essence spent on this Manifestation Effect on a 1-for-1 basis. In most cases, this Manifestation Effect can only target Ephemeral Beings of the same type as the user; however, some rare exceptions could exist.
    Stutter Step
    The being's movements accelerate into the flicker-stop of a defective movie reel. They may reflexively spend 1 Essence to perform a Dodge without giving up their action.
    Last edited by amechra; 10-14-2014, 02:40 PM.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

I added Awful Presence.

No one else has any custom Numina they've used?

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

Comment

Not yet, but you are certainly inspiring me to think of some... and steal yours for the Mage game I'm currently running, if you don't mind.

Comment

I posted them so they can be used. I would like to see whatever beasties you make with them.

Comment

*Cough* Added Abduct and Overwhelming Persuasion.

Yes, the second variation of Overwhelming Persuasion is essentially mind control. I'm fine with this; it probably could cost a bit more.

Comment

I have a few variations on Claim, Resurrection and Mortal Disguise lying around for creating "offspring" - kind of like the Strix Dread Power "Synthesis".

Comment

Ooh, I'd love to see them.

Comment

Working...
              X