Think of fictional characters and say what they would be in CofD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wormwood View Post

Heh. I like that. Explains the unhealthy obsession people have about her while isolating her.
    And Beast is a Changeling Beast? Or is he a literal Beast, and the Castle is his Lair? The Latter might work better for romance purposes, and I think you could fluff the Devouring as a sort of curse.
    ​Changeling, most likely Hunterheart. The Enchantress was a Gentry, and the rest of the castle staff are Wizened.
    Last edited by Mangle77; 03-30-2017, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
      Considering Azathoth is the universe itself?
      ...yep!
      Better yet -> Azathoth = Azoth !!!

MtAw 2E - My Legacies and System Hacks Hubs
      WtF 2E - My Lodges and System Hacks Hubs
      WtF 2E - Alternative werewolves myths from around the world

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Better yet -> Azathoth = Azoth !!!
        I'd say Azatoth is closer to the God-Machine. Both are Blind Idiot Gods who create and destroy without a clear purpose, are responsible for maintaining reality as we know it, are associated with cosmic forces, and nobody knows what would happen if they woke up/were fixed. And Azathoth has at least one named agent who takes on human form. Who's to say it doesn't create many Nyarlathoteps like the God-Machine creates many Angels?

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

• Originally posted by GibberingEloquence View Post
          I'd say Azatoth is closer to the God-Machine. Both are Blind Idiot Gods who create and destroy without a clear purpose, are responsible for maintaining reality as we know it, are associated with cosmic forces, and nobody knows what would happen if they woke up/were fixed. And Azathoth has at least one named agent who takes on human form. Who's to say it doesn't create many Nyarlathoteps like the God-Machine creates many Angels?
          OMG, Nyarlathothep is a Demon! His many faces are Covers, and despite being a Messenger for the Outer Gods, he is kind of different, and there are interpretations about him hating them and trying to become more important. Also the only eldritch horro that really meets humans at face-to-face, on a personal level.
          So... Demon with one Angel-hijacked Cover plus a thousand additional ones? I'd peck him as a Messenger Tempter-Integrator.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wormwood View Post
            OMG, Nyarlathothep is a Demon! His many faces are Covers, and despite being a Messenger for the Outer Gods, he is kind of different, and there are interpretations about him hating them and trying to become more important. Also the only eldritch horro that really meets humans at face-to-face, on a personal level. So... Demon with one Angel-hijacked Cover plus a thousand additional ones? I'd peck him as a Messenger Tempter-Integrator.
            He definitely works as a godlike Messenger Demon. Not only does he have many faces, he is served by cultists, crosses vast distances in moments, visits other realms, and creates wondrous devices. Both Demons and Angels can do all of that. He'd be a Tempter-Integrator if he's still loyal to Azathoth/the God-Machine. It's also possible that he despises servitude so much that he decided to become his own God, which would make him a Tempter-Inquisitor. I wrote a character sheet for him.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

• Would Doctor Doom be a Hoffnung Genius with a lot of mystical knowledge, or a Moros Mage that complements his magic with scientific knowledge? I'm inclined to think he's the latter.

As a side note, here's Aku from Samurai Jack, cross-posted from here.

Type: Idigam
              Attributes: Power 15, Finesse 15, Resistance 15
              Willpower: 10
              Essence: 240
              Initiative: 15
              Defense: 11
              Speed: 40
              Size: Varies
              Corpus: 15 + [Size x 2] + Rank
              Armour: 15
              Manifestations: Twilight Form, Discorporate, Gauntlet Breach, Materialize, Reaching, Royal Avatar, Shadow Gateway
              Influences: Darkness 6, Tyranny 3
              Numina: Awe, Blast, Dement, Essence Thief, Hallucination, Mortal Mask, Omen Trance, Phantom Arsenal, Seek,Telekinesis
              Dread Powers: Call Void Spirit, Colossus, Devourer, Elemental Fury, Crazed Evolution, Regenerate 3, Shifting, Spirit Dominion, Spirit Interrogation
              Essence Shaping: Gauntlet Manipulation, Ghost Manipulation, Locus Manipulation, One Million Eyes, Spirit Manipulation
              Forge Servant: Claimed, Herald, Spawn
              Ban: Must show a trait of his true form no matter what disguise he takes
              Bane: Jack's Magic Sword

Comment

• Doom has always seemed slightly more Mad Scientist-y than Mad Mage. I don't think his tricks are vulnerable to Dissonance-like effects, so I think that is the deciding factor.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
                  Doom has always seemed slightly more Mad Scientist-y than Mad Mage. I don't think his tricks are vulnerable to Dissonance-like effects, so I think that is the deciding factor.
                  not to mention that there is that group of Genii who try to test the limits of Inspiration by building Wonders with theories that involve magical trappings like ritual circles and such

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• What do you think desert punk would be ?

Comment

• So I watched Smurfs 2 last week, and I realized it's a Promethean story. Some liberties must be taken, of course:

Smurfs are stable, natural creatures,(like humans) but they contain magical "essence"(Azoth/Pyros) that Gargamel seeks.(that makes them like Prometheans)

The Naughties are unstable, artificial creatures, that require "essence" on a regular basis to survive,(like Pandorans) but have the potential to become Smurfs.(like Prometheans can become human)

Gargamel is obviously an Insatiate Alchemist, ("I want MORE than enough!")

​Here's the kicker; part of the formula for turning a Naughty into a Smurf is "a hopeful thought".
                      Last edited by Mangle77; Yesterday, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X