Leviathan: The Cult Chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Extant Reality View Post
    This fansplat is shaping up rather well is all I can say. It was a true pleasure to come across alongside Moochava's Genius: the Transgression. I would dare say that the two splats would go well together in a common setting if you replace the Marduk Society with the Inspired.

You know, asides from some light reading of Leviathan back in 2010-2011 to get the broad picture, I've never read Leviathan?

I think I'm going to keep it that way now.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post

You know, asides from some light reading of Leviathan back in 2010-2011 to get the broad picture, I've never read Leviathan?

Haters gonna hate?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Haters gonna hate?
        I mean, it's not a great comparison. I liked what I read back in the day and have general positive feelings towards it, but between that comparison and other things that have come up, I've increasingly been getting the impression that wouldn't last with deeper contact. Honestly, I'd rather not read it and stay positive towards it then read it and end up hating it.

If you've seen my attitude towards Genius since that review, you've probably seen that, while I've not lied about the fact I take issue with it, I've worked to try and keep positivity for the game going, because regardless of flaws, Genius speaks to people and I don't want to shit on people just enjoying things even if I want them to think more critically about it. With that in mind, you can see how the attitude towards Leviathan with the creeping impressions I have play out the way they do.
        Last edited by ArcaneArts; 05-07-2019, 12:35 PM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post

Some light reading all the way back in the beginning of this current decade that is about to end? I can assure you, Sean d'Arc, that much has indeed improved and I recommend that you go from Depth 1 to Depth 7 in your exposure to Leviathan. When I first read it, it was appallingly short and helter-skelter, but now it is more fully fleshed out and readable with an interesting tone that reminds me of a hot summer day on Florida's Forgotten Coast.
          Last edited by Extant Reality; 05-15-2019, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Here is a splat for ritual blessings dots depend on the mutation.

Wakening of the mind (OO-OOOOOO) (See mutations)
            This useful ritual blesses the target with grant psychic powers. Many leviathans find this useful for granting their worshipers powers they would not otherwise have and wish to use more human actors instead of relying on Lahmasu or other hybrids. The ritual itself is very popular with Leviathans who wish to create their own psychic network working in tandem with the Besieging the Tower of will channel and other similar channels. Often though this ritual is used to waken the mind of individuals rather than large groups considering it requires more Ardour for large groups.

Mutations Taken from Appendix Lahmasu and Hybrids
            Awareness Mutations: Aura Reading (OOO), Clairvoyance (OOOO), Omen Sensitivity (OOOO), Psychometry (OOOO)
            Elements Mutations: Psychokinesis (OOOO-OOOOOO) (Cannot Apply Electricity or Fire) (Can apply Fire if Burning Lamps channel is fire in nature or has a Fire element Channel from Elements)
            Sanctity Mutations: Medium (OOOO), Telepathy (OOOO-OOOOOO)
            Vitality Mutations: Biokinesis (OO-OOOOOO)

Though what I am confused on is does a ritual that grants a blessing have to be one dot more than the merit itself? otherwise these rituals are a dot less.
            Last edited by His Dread Monarch; 05-18-2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• https://discord.gg/4crBjS

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Hi everyone! I'm so glad to see this project is still alive. I'm one of the ones who helped shape it back on the rpg.net forums the first time around.

Among others, I did the start to the San Diego/Tijuana chapter. I couldn't see that on the drive this time around. Are you planning on updating that as well?
                Last edited by Llenlleawch; 06-05-2019, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X