No announcement yet.

Darker Days Radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darker Days is proud to present Episode #73!

This evening we cover Charnel Houses of Europe. It's a tough episode, but we're proud to have done it.

http://podcast.darker-days.org/e/dar...io-episode-73/

Darker Days Radio - The World of Darkness Podcast
    Unbuttoned History - A History Podcast with Jokes

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Ether View Post
      For me personally, I don't need to play or have players play good guys. But the character has to be sympathetic. Beasts to me are not. They do evil things. Either because they were born that way, and then bemoan those who wish to stop them (and then we are told in a matter fact way Heroes are wrong - I am of the school of moral grey areas in all parts of CofD, since this is why I don't play WoD anymore). Or they chose to be a Beast, because they were ostracised for some reason from society, and so feel the right to then do awful things - which in turn to me makes them more awful and unsympathetic. And lessons is this thing tacked out to stroke those egos. As much as I like running games and playing through stories of moral choices and seeing the descent to evil, playing out and out monsters is not fun.

As any long time listener to the show would know, they know the sorts of games we run and stories we run. And thus if they like that, and understand our position in reviews, then they should also understand the dislike of this game we have, and our dislike at how the rewrite was handled and the fanbase was managed. As a backer, I am angry more wasn't done to address those concerns. That is where the anger comes from.

If however, you feel that the game is not for us, then our review still stands. If people like the types of games we like, then our review is valid for helping them make an informed decision. Not all games are made equal. The choice is still yours.

If you then feel the need to sell the game to us still, and be a cheer leader for it, that says more about strength of your own conviction for the game. I fully acknowledge people dislike Requiem, but I will only do the hard sell if their dislike is from a position of ignorance, or worse some sort of edition war elitism, not if they simply say, that they prefer the style of the one over the other.

Ultimately you can feel disappointed in our review, but we are allowed to be disappointed and angry too.
      Quick and easy way of getting to a more moral grey area is to have them focus on family feast, its easier to have them as "good" guy by allying with another Supernatural being they can scanvege from, and then play up their relief at being saved from having to torment people, by becoming incredibly loyal, attached, and perhaps obsessed with the being that allows them to feed in a more humane way.

But personally, outside of playing in a crossover, I'd likely play a beast as what it normally is, the most sadistic fuck in CoD, someone with a layer of hell for a soul with a horror moving through it. I'd embrace the poor evil as what makes it unique from more naunanced evils like Vampire, Changeling, Demon, ect...

Beast doesn't bothered with angst, its best to use as a safe way to explore you darkest side, unapologetically.

Comment

I went searching through the PDF text for an MRA reference, couldn't find one, searched the internet for some context on the MRA hero connect, because honest as an actual MRA I didn't see it.

There was one gamergate reference in a previous draft, which got nixed and one of the heroes is seen as a stand in for an MRAs by some which I had a good laugh about as that hero is described as seeing himself as chiveralous and MRAs tend to have distain for historical chivelary, which was an emotionally abusive and exploit idea in its historical context.

Also being a Gamergater and MRA aren't the samething, while I'm sympathic to gameegate or parts of it, I had nothing to do with it and did not particapate in it.

Honestly as an MRA I find it all very funny. The idea that we're literally the fucking template for the literal heroes of the game fighting Beasts that terrorize people and feed on their fear, and yet somehow, were the bad guys anyways, and the Beast tormenting people is the good guy, is enough to send me into giggles. Not saying that the connection is there any more, it got written out, but again as an MRA I find it hugely entertaining. Almost makes me want play a Hero honestly. Even with discouraging it, its absolutely do able.

As an MRA I'm not so hypersensitive as to be worried about it. I like the game system, I like lairs, and I like the flexiblity. I can play a good guy who buddies up with another type of monster, to help them make some kind of peace with themselves and find balance.

Or I can play a royal sadistic bastard who kidnaps people to its layer to torture and feed on their terror, till they can't be mentally broken anymore, at which point it disguards them for a fresh victim, who actually prefers to target heroes because they make more durable toys.

The BDSM connection on the other hand I can see, abit BDSM fantasies, but not BDSM practices obviously (hypothetically you could find a mascotist who agrees to be terrorisze and have their fears played on, for sexually pleasure).

I gave the game 5 stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
          The BDSM connection on the other hand I can see, abit BDSM fantasies, but not BDSM practices obviously (hypothetically you could find a mascotist who agrees to be terrorisze and have their fears played on, for sexually pleasure)
          I'm pretty sure it can't be willing.

Comment

I don't remember reading any where that it can't be willing.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
              I don't remember reading any where that it can't be willing.
              Considering at has to terrify them so much that their soul gets damaged, I don't think it's possible for that to have been done with knowing consent. Closest you'd get to "willing" is through misinformation about what you'd be doing and they wouldn't enjoy it.

Comment

Official Podcast Partner: Darker Days
                World of Darkness Berlin: We’re happy to share that we’ve joined forces with the awesome podcasters of Darker Days Radio, the Official Podcast Partner of the WoD Berlin convention! Darker Days will tape a live show in Berlin with exciting guests and report on the larps and other events.

If you for some reason haven’t come across the Darker Days podcast, check it out immediately! It’s friendly, smart and really knowledgeable about White Wolf’s storyworld – just like all of you. You will love it!

The World of Darkness Berlin crew will soon be on Darker Days to talk about what the convention is, our vision for the lamps and much more! To ask us questions for that show, please email Darker Days at darkerdaysradio@gmail.com.

www.darker-days.org - The Premier World of Darkness Podcast

Comment

Darker Days Radio Episode #74
                  World of Darkness: Berlin

Mike and Chris are joined by Bjarke, Johanna, and Juhana - the organizers of the upcoming World of Darkness: Berlin fan festival. We discuss an array of subjects, from the premium live action events they are planning, as well as contests, workshops, and tabletop gaming action. Join us for this formative World of Darkness event on May 10-14, 2017.

After the interview, Chris and Mike wrap up the holiday episode by discussing the dread Yule Cat of Iceland.

www.darker-days.org - The Premier World of Darkness Podcast

Comment

Darker Days Radio Episode #75

February 25, 2017
                    Pure Magic
                    Mike, Chigg, and Matt tackle the World of Darkness and Chronicles of Darkness head on! The trio starts of with an in-depth analysis of Dark Ages: Mage, exploring perhaps the best magic system ever put out by White Wolf or Onyx Path. Then Mike presents the legendary cursed peak of Nyanga in Eastern Zimbabwe. Finally, Matt digs into The Pure, illustrating their strengths and weaknesses, and explaining how they might be used in Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd edition.

Special thanks to Occam's Laser for providing new music for our intro, outro, and bumpers.

Note: This episode was recorded prior to the latest actions by White Wolf Publishing. Our thoughts on that matter will be presented in an upcoming episode.

Comment

Darker Days Radio Episode #76

March 31, 2017
                      Video Games
                      Mike and Pete take a look at all of the World of Darkness video games, from Vampire: the Masquerade - Redemption to Mage: the Ascension: Refuge. There are some big announcements this episode, so stay tuned.

Comment

Working...
                      X