Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm super-excited for the new series of Darkness Rangers!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another year, another season. Good to see that Netflix's audience knows good animation when they see it. Hear they actually made a continuance of the original series, anyone got a bead on that?

So, they're really leaning on the fact that Morticia tied to ghosts this season, going by the teasers. Also, Void seems to be his own character again, which is awesome, though he seems to be more of a Berserk But Fundamentally Noble Protector kind of superpowered evil side this time around (anyone see him break down and beg Morticia for forgiveness after he had to drain one of Chris' trees and let out Wolf Foe to save her? Heartbreaking).

Also, holy shit, the Wardens of Woe are freaking scary. Using the armor of fallen Rangers, Jesus; it's like they're taunting their prey.

Comment

Tell me about it. Seriously tell me. I was distracted by the Deep One Ghost knockoffs and the idea that Mortia's fellow Returned are literally invader the Deadlands.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post
        Also, holy shit, the Wardens of Woe are freaking scary. Using the armor of fallen Rangers, Jesus; it's like they're taunting their prey.
        I'm a little more concerned with how much of a sellout Ranger Conquest is, personally, but you can't deny the Vale of Tears and the Mortal Coils have teeth to them.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
        Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
          I'm a little more concerned with how much of a sellout Ranger Conquest is, personally, but you can't deny the Vale of Tears and the Mortal Coils have teeth to them.
          Yeah, seriously on Conquest. I didn't think much about Deaf Simon until he fucking put Void under heel. It's the kind of thing that brings to vibe the sort of enemies that pop up in Amon- and Ranger Stars-centric episodes, albeit with more....of a shot, I suppose.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
          Work Blog Coming Soon
          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
          Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
            Yeah, seriously on Conquest. I didn't think much about Deaf Simon until he fucking put Void under heel. It's the kind of thing that brings to vibe the sort of enemies that pop up in Amon- and Ranger Stars-centric episodes, albeit with more....of a shot, I suppose.
            Yeah, Simon's seriously unnerving. It's like Series One Void (and I just noticed they switched pronouns, makes me think of Void as his own thing), except while you could always tell what Ranger Void wanted (hurting her other half in some way, and reveling in how much the team needed her at times despite her cheerfully stating how much she enjoyed toying with them), Conquest has his own agenda. I saw a couple SFX similar to how Eclispe calls on her ghost attacks, which leads me to think he has his own Void too, but given how he mocked Morticia for not "training" Void properly, I get the sense he's something way worse.

And yeah, given what the Wardens regard as a crime, I'm considering them not the most reliable narrators on who the bad guy is.

Comment

OOC: Is anyone else getting a Rooster Teeth vibe from this? I can imagine the Nomad of Nowhere happily wandering in and nobody realizing he's from a different continuity. Cue crossover with the baddies and Toth's crew trying to one-up each other to get him and his animation powers.

Comment

OOC: Is anyone else getting a Rooster Teeth vibe from this? I can imagine the Nomad of Nowhere happily wandering in and nobody realizing he's from a different continuity. Cue crossover with the baddies and Toth's crew trying to one-up each other to get him and his animation powers.
                Can't say I do.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                  Can't say I do.

Yeah, it only makes sense if you're familiar with how gleefully Rooster Teeth hosts shows that seem like light comedy and suddenly turn into dramatic epics with light comedy-style characters. Red Vs. Blue, anyone?

Darkness Rangers seems like something similar, high-action funny Power Rangers stuff mixed in with seriously dark villains not afraid to turn to mind games to break their adversaries.

IC:

Actually, something I just noticed;

You know how each of the BBEG factions have their own instrument in their leitmotif? The Stolos Shadows their violin, the Lunatic Exiles their theremin, the Stormchasers their synthesizers. With the Wardens, their instrumentation is trumpets, same as Morticia's theme. Nice touch.

Comment

Yeah, it only makes sense if you're familiar with how gleefully Rooster Teeth hosts shows that seem like light comedy and suddenly turn into dramatic epics with light comedy-style characters. Red Vs. Blue, anyone?

Darkness Rangers seems like something similar, high-action funny Power Rangers stuff mixed in with seriously dark villains not afraid to turn to mind games to break their adversaries.
                    Still OOC Here: I had not quite realized that connection till now, which is funny due to just how god damn much Rooster Teeth I watch.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

I hate to be that guy, but i am totally lost on who is who

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                        OOC: The ones I came up with were:

Stolos Shadows: Strix

Lunatic Exiles: Idigam

Stormchasers: Alchemists (because Ranger Storm is a Promethean)

Wardens of Woe: Reapers.

Comment

Deaf Simon, aka Ranger Conquest is whatever the hell we call Bound who have Tyranny instead of Synergy.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                            Morticia is the Sin-Eater of this fictional series. Ranger Void/Umbra is her geist.

Deaf Simon/Ranger Rider Conquest is a stand-in for Bound who've changed their Synergy rating to Tyranny by destroying their geist's Touchstone — we haven't seen the mechanics for them yet, but there's a strong candidate for an example in one of the fiction previews.

The Wardens of Woe are Reapers.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                            Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Working...
                            X