Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm super-excited for the new series of Darkness Rangers!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Perfect cell View Post
    I don't know guys, i feel like the monster hunters are the best characters, I mean sure they're just human, have no powers to speak of, and well get very little screen time compared to the psycho rangers, but their characters and determination are nothing to sneeze at. I honestly think that their a very under-used part of the show.
    Yeah, I hear there was a bit of a scheduling kerfuffle; they wanted Morticia's arc to be before theirs, for whatever reason. Also, the Tsarina Pestis arc and its...rather mind-screwy antagonists. Nice touch that they called out Sterliza for being just as much of a monster as the Psychos for her blind hatred of Pestis leading her to thoughts like "it's not really evil if I bring down this building to kill Vizier Fever..."
    Last edited by Leliel; 05-20-2019, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post
      Yeah, I hear there was a bit of a scheduling kerfuffle; they wanted Morticia's arc to be before theirs, for whatever reason.
      I mean, a pretty good reason immediately presents itself in the form of "Morticia's arcs deal with stuff that touches more of the bigger picture, whereas the Candlelight Brigade always has too many rabbits to chase and wasn't really left wanting for screentime back in Season 2."

Even if we never met the Wardens of Woe, getting a better look at where Umbra came from shifts her whole placement in the story, especially when you compare it with the shit Chris's arcs have her dealing with.

Also, the Tsarina Pestis arc and its...rather mind-screwy antagonists. Nice touch that they called out Sterliza for being just as much of a monster as the Psychos for her blind hatred of Pestis leading her to thoughts like "it's not really evil if I bring down this building to kill Vizier Fever..."
      There's a lot of little tweaks and nudges to Perdition's background that came up in this arc, but I think the biggest one is just the pointed reminder that (just as the Clockwork Device views Perdition's defection as stemming from a defect) it is a mistake to assume uncritically that the Device — a distributed entity that we know values its own self-preservation over most any other goal it has — is little more than a malfunctioning cosmic supercomputer.

It's easy to forget that the Demiurge is basically the Gnostic Devil. Sometimes it takes a stranger ranting at an empty room to piece that together, and that's delightfully spooky.
      Last edited by Satchel; 05-20-2019, 07:59 PM. Reason: Misplaced pronoun.

Resident Lore-Hound
      Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Speaking about the Candlelight Brigade, what do you think about the rumors that they are going to replace one of the core members of the Brigade with a some sort of necromancer/medium girl? While I am interested of seeing her relationship with Morticia, I admit that I was a big fan of AKD, and I think I'll miss him scavenging his basement after the relics of his grandmother and his complicated love/hate relationship with Ranger Stars. Also, I have a weakness for characters with long full name, and Alexander Kostis Dimas is really cool one, IMO. I hope they'll find a way to get him back to the screen in the future.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

(OOC: Now I'm panicking because I could have sworn we had a name for AKD. Be Right Back.)
          (EDIT: I have returned with news that Alexander Kostis Dimas is now Totes the canon.)

I imagine Alex will return down the line-he has good antipathy with Dave, but a lot of people are iffy on if his arc with Christina is over and what his relationship to Amon is going from. I dunno if the writers are concerned with that, but I imagine they're at least thinking out his place in the story.

Meanwhile, Morgan Bones is gonna be interesting-I get a vague someone on the staff was a fan of Star Trek TOS with that naming schema, but that asides, the Brigade's approach to darker magics has alwasy been keenly off-beat. Can't wait to see her in action!

(If I have any spare time tonight, I might glossary the names we have so far in an earlier post)
          Last edited by ArcaneArts; 05-20-2019, 08:11 PM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
          Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post

(If I have any spare time tonight, I might glossary the names we have so far in an earlier post)
            Seriously, when someone is going to make a Wiki for this show? I mean, there are so many minor characters and antagonists in it that it is so complicated to follow all of the subplots even without all the fan names, nicknames and terms. Sheesh.

Anyway, I must admit I was disappointed that Alex didn't showed up at Candlelight Brigade focused episode for Pestis's arc, as they used the screen time to introduce Morgan officially for the first time. At least he got a cameo, as well as Bianca and her Hellfire Club, even though the latter were more on the side of the Psycho Rangers and Sterliza than the rest of the Brigade (other than Centaur, but they were always known to play both sides for profit).
            Last edited by LostLight; 05-21-2019, 06:03 AM.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

I Really like one of Amon”s Antagonist “ the One who Paints Landscape”

Yeah when I heard that name i thought it was really silly to. But man, “Green is Not a Creative color” has never been so terrifying.

Comment

Working...
              X