Falco's nWod Homebrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falco's nWod Homebrew

As I've seen done by others, figured I'd do up a thread meant as a place to keep links and short descriptions of the homebrew I've done. Most of this is just google docs stuff I've made for here specifically, but I may try and find some of my older stuff in varying other formats at some point and upload them, especially if there's interest (I have some various 1st edition Vampire stuff, Mage stuff, Changeling stuff, and I think even Werewolf stuff lying around). Feel free to comment on things, even if I've already had threads for them before.

1st edition

World of Darkness
    • Chimerical Council - A Shadow Cult designed around utilizing the subconscious mind to influence society. It includes some new Gilded Cage rituals, and uses a 1-5 progression of benefits instead of 1, 3, and 5, but that's easy enough to change if you want the default. Meant to be universal, not just Vampires and mortals, so I put it under WoD.

Geist: the Sin-Eaters
    • The Chimerical Key - A new Key meant to give Sin-Eaters the ability to deal with Dreams, amongst other thematically appropriate powers.

Vampire: the Requiem
    • Coil of Potential - A Coil which allows a Vampire to learn mortal-only merits, and a few related benefits. Originally designed for a chat utilizing Forbidden Lore over a year ago, I quickly altered it to use Second Sight instead.
    • Sanguine Craft - A system designed to give Vampires a unique form of magical items (Sanguine Objects), akin to how mages have Imbued Items and changelings have Hedgespun. ABP is based on the system some chats use of keeping track of Vitae; assume any item that lowers ABP uses that many Vitae per week.

Werewolf: the Foresaken
    • Gifts of the Void Beyond - Made quite a few years ago, I recently dug this up. It's a gift list granted by Abyssal entities, perfect for a crossover game with Mages, or if you just want to add that aspect of Mage to a Werewolf game.

Mage: the Awakening
    • Legacy: Children of the Thorns - A legacy meant to allow Mages to traverse the Hedge "safely". Recently finished. Will probably update it to 2nd edition when Mage 2e is actually out.

2nd edition

Chronicles of Darkness
    • Forbidden Lore - An update of Forbidden Lore to work with 2nd edition, using a new take on Reason.
    • Fuck Off Mages 2: Fuck Everything! - While a sequel to the similarly named document below, this provides more universal supernatural protection to various different splats, specifically those lacking many such abilities.
    • Secondhand Sixth Sense - A quick merit I came up with, for those that travel with the supernaturally insightful.
    • Simple Second Sight Update - I went through and converted a lot of the Second Sight book's psychic powers and Thaumaturgy into supernatural merits for 2e. No real work on a template for either yet, just simple merit changes (for now).
    • A Deal with Darkness - An update of a lot of 1e and early 2e 'Pact' systems to be universally usable in a manner similar to Mage's Summoners, but including new content for other types as well. I plan to expand it more over time as new books come out and inspiration hits me.

Vampire: the Requiem
    • Blood Tenebrous - An update of the discipline from 1st edition's Book of Spirits, to fit with new Ephemera mechanics and discipline styles.
    • Bloodline: Alucinor - An update of the Alucinor (one of my favorite 1st edition bloodlines, thematically). See also Insomnium as Sorcery, which changes Insomnium into a unique form of Blood Sorcery, replacing the normal version of it.
    • Bloodline: Dead Wolves - An update of the Dead Wolves to 2nd edition, focusing a bit more on their nature as a part of the Pack, but capable of filling that requirement with other Gangrel as well.
    • Bloodline: Honnekketsu - A bloodline designed (admittedly fairly quickly) for use in a Tokyo game, blood sorcerers focused on discerning magical secrets.
    • Bloodline: Keijukainen - A new bloodline focused on crossover with Changeling; they're a Nosferatu bloodline seeking acceptance among the inhuman denizens of the hedge, or in some cases, a freehold.
    • Bloodline: Malkovian - An update of the Malkovians to 2nd edition, with a new take on Dementation as a bloodline gift.
    • Bloodline: Morotrophians - An update of the Morotrophians to 2nd edition, using a multi-faceted approach to their gift.
    • Bloodline/Clan/Covenant: Tremere - An update of oWoD's Tremere to 2e, utilizing the existing lore of the Tremere legacy to create a secretive bloodline of Blood Mages (Not blood sorcerers).
    • Elder Transmutations - A small system I made to offer an option for high Blood Potency vampires to gain new innate abilities that represent the thickening and strengthening of their blood and beast. Also contains a quick and dirty Methuselah template at the end, if the abilities alone aren't enough.
    • Eternus - A discipline based on strengthening and expanding a Kindred's immortality outward, providing semi-temporal powers.
    • Kindred Necromancy - This goes hand in hand with the bloodline updates below, but will also be a bit of its own thing. Essentially, instead of having ten different bloodline disciplines that do some sort of necromantic thing, this will be a new blood sorcery that anyone can use, that covers all sorts of necromancy, and then each bloodline will have easier access to it, will make better use of it, and may have other nifty effects in using it based on their bloodline. I'll be filling rituals in as I convert necromantic bloodlines.
    • Mechanical Bloodline Updates - This is a project wherein I go through a crapton of bloodlines and update them all mechanically, without adding any extraneous fluff (past a sentence or two to describe the bloodline gift in some cases). Will be updated as I cover more and more books.
    • Mystery of the Dominion - A Mystery of the Dragon meant to both update Fontal Rituals to 2nd edition and take advantage of Wyrm's Nests in general. May be updated when Secrets of the Covenants comes out, if any mechanics change.
    • Mystery of the Fallen - Was part of a thread started in the Vampire forums, it's a quick Mystery of the Dragon I made that's meant to align a Kindred to a Mage's capabilities.
    • Sanguine Craft - Vamp items updated from the 1st edition version above, with more of a patch than a rewrite, so possibly could use work.
    • Scales of Zirnitra - A few homebrew Scales I've been toying with for the Coil of Zirnitra in Secrets of the Covenants.
    • Somatics - An experiment of mine that some seem to think was a failure, but is here anyway. Essentially, Somatics combines the physical disciplines into one, making them a fair bit more potent overall. It's purposely more potent and flexible, and not appropriate for many Chronicles.

Werewolf: the Forsaken
    • Gift of the Void - An update of the Void Beyond above to 2nd edition, focusing on forsaking your Renown instead of your Harmony. Still basically just a draft.

Mage: the Awakening
    • Fuck Off, Mages - A set of powers for Vampires, Werewolves, and Beasts that work very explicitly against Mages, for the sake of granting better protection against Awakened Magic. It 's meant to be a very simple way to plug in a few defenses against Mages in any chronicle where conflict with them is common. (The name is based on how DaveB worded Rebuke the Vizier as a "Fuck off, mages" power, which I found amusing.)
    • Houserule: Improved Withstanding - A set of rules to make Withstanding more effective against magic.
    • Imperial Mysteries Patch - A document meant to be used alongside Imperial Mysteries to allow it to work a little better with 2nd edition rules.
    • Legacy: Children of the Thorns - First attempt at an update for 2e rules. Will need further changing once we know if any Hedge rules are altered for Changeling 2e.
    • Legacy: Exterrianites - A Legacy focused on expanding a Mage's soul to match the nature of a Horror, or more accurately, the shape of the more inhuman "souls" other creatures have.
    Last edited by falco1029; 11-05-2017, 08:33 PM.

Storytellers' Vault supplements (WoD, CoD)
    My Patreon! (CofD bonuses include: Fae Sorcery/Technomancy for Vampires, Quick Conversion for Inferno, and more!)

Sanguine Craft is super cool. Do Sanguine Objects have the same Durability their mundane components would indicate? Do they turn to ash under sunlight/fire?

Let Him Speak.

Comment

Originally posted by GottaGoFeast View Post
      Sanguine Craft is super cool. Do Sanguine Objects have the same Durability their mundane components would indicate? Do they turn to ash under sunlight/fire?
      Their durability is generally typical, yes. As for turning to ash, I just realized I never included banes in that 1st edition draft of them, and only barely touched on them in the 2nd edition one, the idea was that by default, no, but shoddy creation or reawakening dormant objects could give them weaknesses, either causing hardship to the Vampire that uses them or making them have a typical vampiric Bane of some sort. I'll need to see about adding that in.

EDIT: Did a quick add-on for object banes in both editions, may expand and polish it a bit later.
      Last edited by falco1029; 04-11-2015, 07:49 PM.

My Patreon! (CofD bonuses include: Fae Sorcery/Technomancy for Vampires, Quick Conversion for Inferno, and more!)

Comment

I love your update to Blood Tenebrous! I have a couple Acolytes in my game that have "spirit magic" (they never named it, but I've been using 1rst Ed Blood Tenebrous), and you update makes the fifth dot suitably terrifying enough that my players are going to regret making enemies of Circle of the Crone. =D

If I post any good ideas regarding house rules feel free to use them! Giving me credit is optional! All I want is people to have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Afro Luigi View Post
          I love your update to Blood Tenebrous! I have a couple Acolytes in my game that have "spirit magic" (they never named it, but I've been using 1rst Ed Blood Tenebrous), and you update makes the fifth dot suitably terrifying enough that my players are going to regret making enemies of Circle of the Crone. =D
          Glad to hear it!

Comment

Coil of potential isn't open to people who don't have permission.

Comment

Should be fixed now. If not I'll take another look on my desktop later!

Comment

Dug up an old Gift for 1st edition werewolf, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Gifts of the Void Beyond are those granted by Abyssal spirits and entities to Werewolves. Obviously, a crossover type power. Keep in mind this is probably about 6 years old by now, and I recognize some of the wording and mechanics are a little clumsy.

Comment

Added a link to my Morotrophian update. Thread on that is here: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-morotrophians

Comment

I've updated the Children of the Thorns with the last two attainments, per a request I received!

Comment

Both the standard version of Insomnium and the Magic-based alternative are updated for the Alucinor to conform to the new Dream Form systems, as outlined in Beast. I made sure they have their own little benefit similar to Beasts using their Horrors.

I may tweak them further as Mage and Changeling hit, as I'm sure both will expand on the system a bit more than Beast's core did (though I do need to finish the Beast core, so let me know if there's something more than the entry on page 99), and as it is it's still shackled to 1e changeling dream rules for actual manipulation (dream intensity, for instance).

I'm admittedly a bit tired so the wordings might not be that great, feel free to suggest ways to clean the language up (comments are open)

Comment

Updated Forbidden Lore's 2nd edition version to account for Beast. Let me know if anyone has any commentary about my handling of Satiety; it sounded like a good idea, but I have no way to test it to see if it works as intended.

Comment

Critique on Blood Tenebrus 2.0:

Essence Shield kinda goes on a completely different direction than the other ranks. 1) Assuming you have both the 4th and 2nd rank active... What happens with the essence-like properties of vitae gained from Ephemeral Hand, coupled with Essence Shield's property of said vitae becoming an "Universal Bane"? 2) What happens if you activate Essence Shield while being willfully ridden by a spirit with Fettered Form? It would start to cook within you. Or maybe it would be a gory way to commit slow, agonizing suicide.

Basically, drop the Bane property.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephsy View Post
                            Critique on Blood Tenebrus 2.0:

Essence Shield kinda goes on a completely different direction than the other ranks. 1) Assuming you have both the 4th and 2nd rank active... What happens with the essence-like properties of vitae gained from Ephemeral Hand, coupled with Essence Shield's property of said vitae becoming an "Universal Bane"? 2) What happens if you activate Essence Shield while being willfully ridden by a spirit with Fettered Form? It would start to cook within you. Or maybe it would be a gory way to commit slow, agonizing suicide.

Basically, drop the Bane property.
                            1) What happens is you have essence in the vitae, but no spirit will want it because the vitae is also a bane. Sort of like if a Loci was surrounded in a given spirit's bane; they'd know there's essence there, but still not want to/be able to touch it. Being a bane doesn't interact with essence directly, though, so you just have two powers active that maybe aren't the most useful combination. But it's not like that can't happen in other disciplines.
                            2) That's a good point, but easy enough to fix with a note saying it doesn't affect himself or a spirit called in via the 5th dot. Adding that.

It does indeed go in a somewhat different direction, but still fits the themes and follows up on altering how the spirit world reacts to him, and to me doesn't seem as disparate as some of the different levels of even the core disciplines, really.

Comment

Forbidden Lore is a really, really cool mechanic. Until Promethean 2E comes out, this is probably how I'll model mortal Alchemists. Another thing I thought of reading through this, is that the whole vibe of the writeup is deeply Lovecraftian, and fits within Mummy's wheelhouse to perfection. I don't know if you have the Mummy books or not, but this would fit quite nicely for the cultists of the Arisen. Exposure to a Mummy wears down your sanity in a very Lovecraftian way. Makes sense to me their cultists might pick up Utterances and/or Affinities by exposure.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

Working...
                              X