Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vampire and Werewolf transformation diagram for crossover games (large image)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampire and Werewolf transformation diagram for crossover games (large image)

Hi !

I was afraid my new players wouldn't understand the complex interactions between vampires and werewolves, and their many minor templates, so I put together this diagram showing all possible interactions between the two creature types. Hopefully, I didn't miss anything important. Enjoy!

Fairly Large Edit: Here's the expanded diagram:

First "expanded" version: http://i58.tinypic.com/2gv37n6.jpg
    Second "expanded" version: http://i61.tinypic.com/2r7txqb.jpg

For those interested in the original versions (Vampires and Werewolves only):

First version: http://i61.tinypic.com/2vci33p.jpg
    Second version: http://i62.tinypic.com/20uu6br.jpg
    Third version: http://i60.tinypic.com/25p7cbl.jpg
    Last edited by BarbeChenue; 05-07-2015, 06:35 PM. Reason: Expanded the Diagram

I like this.

Would you kill me if I asked you to add Mages and Proximi to the chart when Mage 2e comes out?

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

I also have a problem with "cursed" state sort of part... Most of these could be considered "cursed" (except for Any Human)

My Bloodline conversions
      My House rules

Comment

I thought that was a little odd too. Also the implication that a Wolf-Blooded who fails their First Change becomes something other than a Wolf-Blooded. I wonder if there is another way to visually communicate that after a failed First Change you can't become a werewolf, without making it a separate category from Wolf-Blooded. Other than those minor nitpicks, I love this!

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

I'll re-work this in order to integrate the changes.

Would you kill me if I asked you to add Mages and Proximi to the chart when Mage 2e comes out?
          I think I'll need some more info on those, as I am totally unfamiliar with Mages and especially Proximi. What is the trigger of the transformation? Can you be further transformed into something else? What are the "stacking" rules in place (can you be both wolf-blooded and Proximi, for ex.) ? Can you become a Vampire if you are a Mage? Etc.

Comment

That's why I'm asking for it when Mage 2e comes out; we don't exactly know at the moment. Well, other than the fact that anyone who isn't a Major Template can go through a Mystery Play and become a Mage.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

Comment

In the meantime, here's the edited version.

I guess the major templates act as a point of no return, so if you're transformed into a major one, there is no going back, right?

Comment

Correct.

Though you could theoretically die and be resurrected through one of the more powerful Numina, Resurrection. When this happens your template is removed and you are alive again a semi-ordinary human.

p230, 'This Numen — only available to Rank 4+ angels and spirits of healing — raises the dead. The Numen costs 10 Essence to use and the activation roll is penalized by one die per day that the subject has been dead. Supernatural beings that have already died as part of their transformation — vampires, mummies and Sin-Eaters — can’t be resurrected, nor can anyone who died of natural causes. Other supernatural beings lose their powers when resurrected. Mages become Sleepwalkers and werewolves, wolf-blooded.'
                Last edited by nofather; 05-01-2015, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Well...

There actually is for Werewolves. If they die and a high-rank Spirit of Life/Healing/Whatevs uses the Resurrection Numen on them, they come back as Wolfblooded.

Comment

This is awesome, though I realise I should go back and re-ead about the minor templates.

Originally posted by BarbeChenue View Post
                    In the meantime, here's the edited version.

I guess the major templates act as a point of no return, so if you're transformed into a major one, there is no going back, right?
                    Promethean that become mortal can become any of the major templates, likewise, if a sin-eater's geist leaves (I think) .

Comment

It's a cool graphic. I look forward to seeing a fully fleshed out one some day with all the lines involved.

I'm a little confused as to why the Wolf-Blooded fluff names are included. In re-reading that section of the book, it just seemed like "Sons of the Moon" and "Daughters of the Wolf" were just Wolf-Blooded that had werewolves or other Wolf-Blooded in their family tree roughly categorized by Tell. "Orphans" was just used to say that some Wolf-Blooded were born that way even though there was no wolf in their blood-line. "Adoption" was another way of saying "spontaneous Wolf-Blooded" which are described elsewhere in the book (mostly from dramatic Lunacy failures, though the fluff there indicates that maybe there are other in-roads).

Are you planning to actually use those words in play ever?
                      Either way, I think "Orphans" should probably come in with the Sons and Daughters along with a note of "Born this way" and the "Adopted" should get a note of "Spontaneous Wolf-Blood Development" with or without a note that Lunacy or Luna or something else could cause it.

Comment

So basically you can be a Promethean redeemed into a Human who is an [adoptive Wolf-Blooded, who became a Ghoul temporarily [n times], who turned into a Werewolf, who died and was Resurrected into a Wolf-Blooded] [n times] who at some point failed his/her [second] First Change, became a Ghoul once again [n times], died as a Ghoul, became a Revenant, then diablerized some poor vampire and became one of the Kindred. Only then have you reached the point of no return.

O_O

Comment

That seems like a highly unlikely scenario, but yes.
                          Well, maybe. I actually have no idea how Ghouls work.
                          Also, do Vampires die? Is there any reason why a dead Vampire can't be made into a Promethean again?
                          Either way, you're missing the beginning part of the Promethean redeemed into the Human getting killed and made into a Promethean again. That happened in the 1E fiction at the beginning and end of the book. It was really good.
                          Last edited by TerraBen; 05-01-2015, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TerraBen View Post
                            Also, do Vampires die? Is there any reason why a dead Vampire can't be made into a Promethean again?
                            There's no reason the parts couldn't be made into a Promethean, but it wouldn't really be the same person.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by TerraBen View Post
                              It's a cool graphic. I look forward to seeing a fully fleshed out one some day with all the lines involved.

I'm a little confused as to why the Wolf-Blooded fluff names are included. In re-reading that section of the book, it just seemed like "Sons of the Moon" and "Daughters of the Wolf" were just Wolf-Blooded that had werewolves or other Wolf-Blooded in their family tree roughly categorized by Tell. "Orphans" was just used to say that some Wolf-Blooded were born that way even though there was no wolf in their blood-line. "Adoption" was another way of saying "spontaneous Wolf-Blooded" which are described elsewhere in the book (mostly from dramatic Lunacy failures, though the fluff there indicates that maybe there are other in-roads).
                              Yes, these aren't templates in themselves. Putting them in seems needlessly confusing.

Comment

Working...
                              X