Dark Eras character sheets?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Eras character sheets?

I know it'll probably never happen, but please tell me I'm not alone in hoping each Era has a somewhat customized sheet to go with it!

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Why? What would change based upon Era?

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. - James. D. Nicoll

Comment

Some skills.

My Bloodline conversions
      My Houserules
      Chronicles of Darkness Slack Team exists. PM me for invitation
      Please comment on all of this.

Comment

Only if you agreed that some skills need to change. In most of the Eras, those skills would remain the same.

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. - James. D. Nicoll

Comment

Originally posted by Tymeaus Jalynsfein View Post
          Only if you agreed that some skills need to change. In most of the Eras, those skills would remain the same.
          That is actually false; the Dark Eras document goes over certain skills and replaces them with new ones appropriate to the era. Like, none of the eras have Computers. They replace that skill with Enigmas.

Firearms is replaced with Archery in some of the older eras, too, and Drive with Ride.

Revlid wrote:
          Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

Originally posted by Aiden View Post

That is actually false; the Dark Eras document goes over certain skills and replaces them with new ones appropriate to the era. Like, none of the eras have Computers. They replace that skill with Enigmas.

Firearms is replaced with Archery in some of the older eras, too, and Drive with Ride.
            And yes, in ALL those eras, you have Enigmas (save maybe Demon in the Cold War)... Yes, in MOST of those eras, you have Archery and Ride. What differentiates them after that (other than potentially cool borders)? The skills do not change from Stone Age to Industrial Age at that point). The specifics/structure may change (Stone vs. Bronze vs. Iron vs. Steel), but the skills do not.
            Last edited by Tymeaus Jalynsfein; 05-22-2015, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tymeaus Jalynsfein View Post

And yes, in ALL those eras, you have Enigmas (save maybe Demon in the Cold War)... Yes, in MOST of those eras, you have Archery and Ride. What differentiates them after that (other than potentially cool borders)? The skills do not change from Stone Age to Industrial Age at that point). The specifics/structure may change (Stone vs. Bronze vs. Iron vs. Steel), but the skills do not.
              In a couple of the Eras you have both skills, like Archery and Firearms or Drive and Ride.

The rest, well, you can give them nifty borders and other little artistic touches.

Revlid wrote:
              Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

In a couple of the Eras you have both skills, like Archery and Firearms or Drive and Ride.

The rest, well, you can give them nifty borders and other little artistic touches.

But in those mixed Eras CHARACTER choose witch Skill it will use. I think that can be made one general Dark Era sheet with dropdown menus in Archery/Firearms, Computers/Enigmas or Drive/Ride places. And all that is need to use them. 3 dropdown menus, one sheet.

MtAw 2E - My Legacies Updates and System Hacks Hubs
                MtAw - Children of the Stars - aliens loving Legacy
                MtAw 2E - Illusionists of Truth - illusionists and magicians Legacy

Comment

It'ss worth bringing up that Mage Noir had custom character sheets done for it despite having no mechanical differences from a modern sheet at all.

And To The Strongest does need an additional spot to go for Great Cult, in addition to replacing Order with Darshana.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

But in those mixed Eras CHARACTER choose witch Skill it will use. I think that can be made one general Dark Era sheet with dropdown menus in Archery/Firearms, Computers/Enigmas or Drive/Ride places. And all that is need to use them. 3 dropdown menus, one sheet.
                    Actually, no. In those mixed eras you can acquire both skills separately.

Revlid wrote:

Comment

When is this book due out?

Anyway, I'll certainly make one if OP asks. If not, then I might work on one after the fact. Guess we'll see how it goes.

MrGone's Character Sheets
                      For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

Actually, no. In those mixed eras you can acquire both skills separately.
                        Maybe just one row longer columns in Mental, Physical and Social Skills, with lat blank row?

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Maybe just one row longer columns in Mental, Physical and Social Skills, with lat blank row?
                          Kind of like the V20 sheets with the extra skill line?

MrGone's Character Sheets
                          For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post
                            Kind of like the V20 sheets with the extra skill line?
                            <Checking V20 sheets> Yes, like this one. One extra line in each Skill category and those lines to be editable - should be enough. But in Physicial we need at least two extra lines - for Ride and Archery added in.

And as mine buddy from RPG club is prepering 60s Hunter game - could we got GMC Vigil sheet made in to for this Dark Era? It's only humble question...

Side Note: Gone, are you planning on making seperate "gameline-like" category for Dark Eras sheets on your page? Cause adding a special sheet in each gameline sounds a bit messy. Also you plan on making only those official detailed in Dark Eras and Eras Companion?
                            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 07-04-2015, 03:50 PM.

Comment

What to do with Neolithic Mage though? 5500 BCE is pre-domestication of Horses (about 4500 BCE), and certainly pre-horseback riding

Comment

Working...
                              X