Coverting Nightbane to nWoD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coverting Nightbane to nWoD

I was wanting to try this out. The Storyteller system is so much more mechanically sound than the Palladium system. I was wondering who here has tried to do it and what their success was at it. Also, if they did do it, any tips?

I want my motorcycle body.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

Never tried it, sorry, although I am curious about the intent here.

Do you simply want a mechanical conversion, or are you picturing epic magic battles between nightlord avatars and mages, while a black ops squad of nightbane and forsaken commits a surgical strike?

Comment

A mechanical conversion is what I would like. You see, I used Nightbane + Beyond the Supernatural + Ninjas and Superspies + Mystic China + TMNT for a rather epic tabletop game. However, the group I am with now have not had a very broad experience with gaming. They much prefer the Storyteller system and, to me, it is easier and faster overall. Especially in terms of combat and growth. The Palladium system is clunky and has too many loopholes. I was hoping to bring the flavor of Nightbane to the Storyteller system so that my new players can experience the awesomeness that was in the old game.

Comment

I've given it some thought before, but mostly back in CWoD where it would be a LOT harder to convert. Off the top of my head, I don't see any reason it wouldn't be an easy switch. My suggests are to take a look at the WtF rules or Shapeshifters regarding, well, the Shapeshifting aspect of the game. I would make the Nightbane powers similar to some of the Hunter stuff, more like Merits than Powers really. My last thought, off the top of my head, is to not convert everything, just the stuff for the players because you seem like a Palladium Vet so you should be able to convert enemies on the fly. Just my two cents.

Comment

Yeah, I have been playing Palladoum games and converting some of the stuff. I was thinking a point buy system for the Morphus for the Nightbane themselves. I was also thinking of uing the Dread Powers from Hunter to mimic a great deal of things. The nWoD has enough things to go "This now applies to this splat." But the big sticking point is...what about mages and psychics? Just use some of the Merits and Dread Powers or should I use MtAw stuff for the mages in Nightbane?

Comment

Well, you can just use the Morphus tables straight up; as far as I can remember, there aren't any mechanics connected to the results.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

Actually, there are mechanical benefits to all of them. Most of the time, it is just adding to the Horror Factor, but a lot of them, like the whole "I have tiger fangs and tentacles made of metal coming from my back while the lower half of me is that of a motorcycle" can give you tons of mechanical bennies.

Comment

Shows on me for just looking at the pretty tables someone tossed up here.

I am a sham.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

Have you looked at the Demon game? It has many similar elements.

Comment

@amechra It's ok. Stuff happens.
                      @Diggs Thanks for the tip. I had forgotten about their "Pick one of these and a couple of these" method.

Comment

I was also referring to the players having a human form and a monster form they can change into, as well as being hunted by a more numerous enemy that more or less runs the world. The games have similar themes.

Comment

I understood you meant both. I love DtD and enjoy the themes of it. Although, with DtD, you can never actually strike back fully against the main enemy of the setting whereas in Nightbane, you do have a shot at killing one of the Night Lords.

Comment

You can knock out a piece of the God Machine. Obviously, there are some differences. You could switch out the God Machine for a group of angels (archangels) or have them act as the face of the God Machine. I think you could hack Demon to recreate the major players. I would have to look at Nightbane again to see what else it has unless you want to bring up what elements exactly you want to find in ST.

I can't find my Nightbane book, but I found the supplements, go figure. Demon for Nightbane, Armory and Hurt Locker for Mystic China, Mage for astral, Changeling has dream stuff, Hunter covers the human agents and is probably best bet for antagonist creation, GMC/Core2 for psychics, I'm at a loss for TMNT and I actually never looked at Beyond the Supernatural, but it seemed more like a Hunter game.
                            Last edited by Diggs; 05-29-2015, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Well, for the martial art side of things, I was thinking of nerfing the old Street Fighter RPG.

Comment

Working...
                              X