Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[NSFW] NWOD As A Dating Simulator: What Would It Be Like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vent0
    replied
    A Demon that, via multiple Covers, is both your wing-mate, and as many as 2-3 potential dates of varying personality (who may spread rumors about the "others" just for kicks)..

Leave a comment:

• The young man in the cafe
    replied
    a trio of date ideas.

elder vampire who thinks you're the reincarnation of a long lost lover from their mortal days.

An ivory claw werewolf who is interested in you despite being obligated to another Claw in an arranged marriage. For bonus points, the other claw they are engaged to is also a possible date and one ending has you ending up with both of them.

A proxmi who is dating you (a sleeper) because they know it will piss off their overprotective and somewhat snooty/arrogant mage parents.

any other ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Yossarian
    replied
    Originally posted by Illuminated Minutia View Post
    David Bowie was in a dating sim?
    TW was "David Bowie", not WH.

Leave a comment:

• Illuminated Minutia
    replied
    Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post
    It's been seven years, so I guess I can reveal this...

...the patron of the clanbook compilers, WH, is the protagonist of a dating sim.
    David Bowie was in a dating sim?

Leave a comment:

• monteparnas
    replied
    I played a lot of love stories through my WoD chronicles (both WoDs). But an actual Dating Sim... its something I'll have to try ASAP!

Leliel made me remember of Monster Musume, that plays out indeed as a very similar idea, even if not in the WoD proper. And it is a very interesting manga (one of the few I read, I'm not a big fan of manga or anime, with a few exceptions here and there).

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    My flabber is suitably gasted.

Leave a comment:

• Rose Bailey
    replied
    It's been seven years, so I guess I can reveal this...

...the patron of the clanbook compilers, WH, is the protagonist of a dating sim.

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by Leliel View Post
    Probably something else, since it might be a good plan for that someone to be the God-Machine (and the angel sent to introduce you? Potential date right then and there, with the best ending being that s/he-your choice as to how the angel eventually identifies, gender wise-Falls for you and confesses what the G-M wanted with the experiment).
    Apropos of nothing, I'm reminded of a notion I had a year or two ago of the neutral-childhood-friend character and the relationship-value-tracker character engaging in off-camera debates on the viability of whatever route the protagonist is pursuing on account of their being demons and/or high-retention angels hacking/troubleshooting an occult matrix through the events of the story.

Leave a comment:

• MCN
    replied
    Everyone is in a nightclub. The main character is ahunter who has to decide to date or kill every other supernatural. Sometimes both.

Leave a comment:

• Leliel
    replied
    *rubs hands*

A dating sim is made or broken by its characters. So let's think about that!

First, the yandere, the character designated to be all too literally crazy about you, to the point of violence; all of her (most yanderes are female) endings are varying degrees of Bad, with probably the best ending involving her voluntarily submitting to therapy, with the implication you might never see each other again. There's no romanticism of self-destructive crazy here, particularly given how there should be a theme that everyone is a person. The overly possessive nature of a yandere makes her a natural antagonist (though redeemable if it turns out she's the kind driven by inadequacy-the idea she's worthless herself without another to help). They probably shouldn't be that common though; people can be as miserable as the nWoD asks for and not develop stalker-ish tendencies,

Also, setting. Ditch the typical high school, make it more of a plaza where the supernatural factions find something resembling neutral ground. The main character is some kind of scholar who someone in high places has noticed is a rather stand-up chap capable of ignoring the fact everyone there is an esohuman (I've picked that term up for major supernatural template) or weird in other ways. Perhaps as a way to bring peace between the various factions, or to remind the potential dates that there's a human world around them, or something else. Probably something else, since it might be a good plan for that someone to be the God-Machine (and the angel sent to introduce you? Potential date right then and there, with the best ending being that s/he-your choice as to how the angel eventually identifies, gender wise-Falls for you and confesses what the G-M wanted with the experiment).

Leave a comment:

• Elfive
    replied
    Kinda like Rosario to Vampire, but darker.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Yanderes. Yanderes everywhere.

I'm not awake enough to contribute more than that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X