Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[NSFW] NWOD As A Dating Simulator: What Would It Be Like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumping, in honor of the oncoming Contagion Chronicle - and with a good backstory:

Essentially, the last Contagion outbreak, the good guys lost magnificently. It surged out of control, Naglfar's Army managed to sabotage quarantine, entire sections of the world are now alien hot zones of infected terrain where physics are a pick-and-choose proposition - except the Sworn saw it coming a mile away and already had a bunch of shelters and a plan for rebuilding society set up; they didn't fail so much as stalemate the apocalypse, and the humans who survived (about 90% overall, 65% said survivors in safe zones) are getting back to a level of comfort and development from pre-Outbreak Earth about fifty years later.

Of course, the big secret of supernatural existence has been blown open with about three nukes, and the supernatural-controlled city states, new to public and legitimate power, are starting to argue about who gets to define the society of the new Earth. To say nothing of how the Army is rather pissed their conquest of the world didn't leave them in charge forever and they're sponsoring radical movements to restart the End of Days. Hence, the Sworn as a gesture towards goodwill and harmony have sponsored a college for young "extraordinary" students (ie, supernatural ones with a smattering of hunters) to teach them how to live in peace with each other and mortals.

You, naturally, are one of the students who is only semi-extraodinary. You're a psychic/lesser necromancer/talented fighter when faced with a devil of the Contagion, but otherwise pretty mundane.

Well, except for the fact you seem to hit the romantic fancy of seemingly every supernatural being in the college, and your professors contrive ways to get you to meet cute and ratchet up the romantic tension. This is, of course, entirely deliberate; the Sworn seers have noticed you have a knot of fate that surrounds you that pushes events to make monsters and hunters fall in love with you and each other, even when you aren't a partner in the horizontal dance, so to speak (in most routes the other characters start getting together). This is, of course, very appealing to organizations where peace between all subspecies of humanity is the whole goal.

Naturally, Naglfar's Army finds out, and decide they want you as a recruitment tool regardless of your feelings on the matter. Worse, they aren't the only False faction out there who survived; the Crucible Initiative is quite interested as well, and trying to decide whether to use you as a new surgeon general or are a Contagious tumor to be pruned. They are naturally the sources of the dark LIs, with the Army being represented by a sweet girl who turns out to be a ruthless Fire-Touched who believes that the current state of the world is a half-born return to Pangaea (she sincerely believes the only way for humans to live in peace is to remind them their natural state is the middle of the food chain), and the Initiative by a polite boy who turns out to be a third generation initiate of an extreme sect of the Malleus Maleficarum who feels only the destruction and purging of the hot zones and everything in it will stop the world from dying again.

Comment

• On another note, you've all played Monster Prom, right? I feel like Monster Prom would be a good place to start with this.

If you haven't played Monster Prom, go play Monster Prom.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• So glad this thread is back. On the subject of Monster Prom, have not played it, but I've watched a millipn or so playthroughs

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
          So glad this thread is back. On the subject of Monster Prom, have not played it, but I've watched a millipn or so playthroughs

Same. Pretty good inspiration for what happens when monsters let themselves out in the open.

Comment

• Since this thread is dating sim-esque vs Monster Prom esque, maybe you'd all like to bring it home for the rest of us all?

We are so...very hungry after all.

(also I have a perserve additiction to translation and I want to understand both it and you).

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
            Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• You want to know what Monster Prom is? Im not entirely sure what you are asking, but is that the gist?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                You want to know what Monster Prom is? Im not entirely sure what you are asking, but is that the gist?
                Belatedly, yes, I think?

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Working...
                X