No announcement yet.

Table Size for NWod 2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With any game system, 4 is my ideal number, 5 is fine, and 6 is the most I will run for. I've found with fewer players, you can afford to give each more individual attention and spotlight time without straining the others' attention spans. With six players, I try to focus on group activity as much as possible. Even if the group needs to split up for some reason, they should always be working at least in pairs so you're splitting spotlight time between three groups of two at the most, instead of six individuals.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
    My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Gowing by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
      With any game system, 4 is my ideal number, 5 is fine, and 6 is the most I will run for. I've found with fewer players, you can afford to give each more individual attention and spotlight time without straining the others' attention spans. With six players, I try to focus on group activity as much as possible. Even if the group needs to split up for some reason, they should always be working at least in pairs so you're splitting spotlight time between three groups of two at the most, instead of six individuals.

I mean we are playing an online game, and I do worry about causing the spotlight to be split so many ways . But at the sametime, It's a very unusual crossover game - Currently the party consist of 2 Kindred, an Unchained, a Mage, a Mummy, and an Inferno 1E (2e homebrewed) Les Miserables, so it's been a very interesting game so far . My worry is just being able to get better as a storyteller and streamline things better along with get the group to unite more often since people often go on their own paths.

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post

Wow. Are most peoples sessions actually that short?
        Our games ran more to 10-11 hours per session as our norm. Saturdays From 1300 to 2300 or so... generally 4-5 players, though we did swell to 7 at one point over the years.

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. - James. D. Nicoll

Comment

Originally posted by Volke View Post
          Currently the party consist of 2 Kindred, an Unchained, a Mage, a Mummy, and an Inferno 1E (2e homebrewed) Les Miserables(...)
          Can you hear the Demons sing~~

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

Working...
          X