Chronicles of Darkness Homebrew Hub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronicles of Darkness Homebrew Hub

So, since I love the new Dread Powers system, I thought that I'd make a thread where we could post any Dread Powers that we invent, in order to create a hub for useful monster powers that Storytellers could use.

While I doubt that we could see the same favorable treatment as the Vampire Homebrew Hub, I would still consider it some help, even if it gets lost in the mists of time amidst the ancient posts of the forum.

So have some Dread Powers:

Forge Spirit
    The Horror can create Spirits with a roll assigned by the Storyteller, taking a -1 to -5 penalty for every dot that it wishes to assign to the Spirit. These Spirits start with a Power, Finesse and Resistance of 1, and a single Numen, they are considered to be of Rank 1, and new Numina may be purchased at a cost of 2 dots per Numen. These Spirits only last for a single Scene, and it costs 2 Willpower for the Horror to create them.

Countermagic
    The Horror can destroy magical effects by paying Willpower equal to the higher of the Potency or dot rating of the effect and making a roll assigned by the Storyteller. A success removes the effect for a Scene, and an Exceptional Success lowers the cost by a point of Willpower.

Now it's your turn!

Darkframe - Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.

"The weeping in the world will not decrease if we do not weep together."

Definitely supporting this. Especially when I get my own copy of the system, as well.

In fact, I'm half-tempted to set up a Forsaken Homebrew Hub, with all the interesting Werewolf material that's coming out of the woodwork.

"My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Is this general Homebrew, or do you want it restricted to Dread Powers (for cohesiveness)?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
        Is this general Homebrew, or do you want it restricted to Dread Powers (for cohesiveness)?
        That... Could be a great idea!

I could make a new thread and call it something like Chronicle of Darkness Homebrew Hub?

Or just use the current thread.

Darkframe - Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.

Comment

Originally posted by ManusDomine View Post

That... Could be a great idea!

I could make a new thread and call it something like Chronicle of Darkness Homebrew Hub?

Or just use the current thread.

<shrug> One thread containing all types of homebrew can get very crowded and disorganized. Also makes it hard to find anything specific.

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
            <shrug> One thread containing all types of homebrew can get very crowded and disorganized. Also makes it hard to find anything specific.
            I'd point to Pendragon's Homebrew Hub as an example to prove otherwise.... But then, there's the Requiem Homebrew Hub and the Index of Fan-Made Changeling Material.

"My Homebrew Hub"
            Age of Azar
            The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post

I'd point to Pendragon's Homebrew Hub as an example to prove otherwise.... But then, there's the Requiem Homebrew Hub and the Index of Fan-Made Changeling Material.
              Yes, but those are links to external documents and specifically about one gameline, as opposed to the whole CofD.

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
                It's much easier to maintain a cohesive hub when you're the only one contributing to it. Threads, especially without anyone to curate all the content into one post, are too cluttered to function. Perhaps an external doc, with links to posts and a table of contents is the way to go.

Onyx Path Moderator
                Mod Voice is RED*
                *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
                Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

Originally posted by PenDragon View Post
                  It's much easier to maintain a cohesive hub when you're the only one contributing to it. Threads, especially without anyone to curate all the content into one post, are too cluttered to function. Perhaps an external doc, with links to posts and a table of contents is the way to go.
                  This sounds like a good idea, I do not possess the doc skills to actually make a table of contents myself though...

Comment

Working...
                  X