Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nofather
    replied
    I was working on the Red Hood as a coalesced idigam. It started as the mark of Cain, or at least it claims it did and some legends suggest it, and has been going strong ever since, its only problem being people adapting to crime so well.
    Last edited by nofather; 12-29-2016, 05:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GibberingEloquence
    replied
    How would you do Loki's Mask and the Terror Mask as Relics? I believe they contain a Rank 5 spirit of mischief and a Rank 4 spirit of violence, respectively. Whoever wears them is treated as one of the Claimed. Here are the stats I made for them, respectively. What do you think could be the Bane for Loki's Mask? I think it could be something blessed by a powerful Helion, since that type of spirit tends to be steadfast and unchanging, as opposed to mercurial and deceitful. I really don't know what the Ban and Bane of the Terror Mask would be.

Attribute Bonuses: +5 Strength, +3 Presence, +2 Intelligence, +3 Dexterity, +7 Manipulation, +5 Wits, +5 Stamina, +2 Composure, +3 Resolve. These increase derived traits and may bring the Attributes beyond 10 dots.

Maximum Essence/Per Turn: 50/15

Influences: Mischief 5 (May Be Used To Create Equipment, Weapons, Firearms And Temporary Skill Dots)

Dread Powers: Armored Hide 3, Leap, Monstrous Resilience, Numen (Drain, Essence Thief, Hallucination, Mortal Mask, Speed), Reality Stutter, Regenerate 5, Swift, Unbreakable

Merits: Indomitable (Advanced), Vice-Ridden (Mischievous), Ambidextrous, Crack Driver 3, Demolisher 3, Double Jointed (Advanced), Fleet Of Foot 3, Iron Stamina 3, Parkour 4, Sleight Of Hand, Stunt Driver 3, Barfly, Closed Book 4, Fast-Talking 5, Iron Will, Pusher, Striking Looks 2 (Cartoonish), Table Turner, Cheap Shot, Heavy Weapons 5, Martial Arts 4

Liar's Tongue - Same as the one of the Unchained (Demon: The Descent, Pages 182-183)

Fiendish Deceit - Gain an Interdisciplinary Specialty with Area Of Expertise for Mischief. Anytime this Specialty might apply to a roll, you may spend 1 Essence to give it 8 Again. You suffer no untrained penalties for Skills you do not have, as long as you use them for mischief.

Tazmanian Whirlwind - Spend 1 Essence and roll Stamina + Athletics. You inflict the Heavy Winds Environmental Tilt around yourself with an intensity equal to Successes for one turn, capping at intensity 5. The Essence cost may be paid again on subsequent turns to keep this power activate.

Incite Bedlam - Same as the one of the Lost, spending Essence instead of Glamour and using Rank instead of Wyrd.

Ban: Can only be used at night.

Attribute Bonuses: +9 Strength, +2 Presence, +1 Intelligence, +3 Dexterity, +0 Manipulation, +5 Wits, +7 Stamina, +2 Composure, +3 Resolve. These increase derived traits and may bring the Attributes beyond 10 dots.

Maximum Essence/Per Turn: 40/12

Influences: Carnage 4 (May Be Used To Create Temporary Skill Dots And Natural Weaponry)

Dread Powers: Armored Hide 2, Leap, Monstrous Resilience, Numen (Drain), Regenerate 4, Wall Climb

Merits: Indomitable (Advanced), Tolerance For Biology, Vice-Ridden (Violent), Ambidextrous, Demolisher 3, Fleet Of Foot 3, Giant (Advanced), Hardy 3, Iron Stamina 3, Parkour 4, Air Of Menace, Iron Will, Striking Looks 2 (Monstrous), Heavy Weapons 5, Iron Skin 2 (Advanced 2), Martial Arts 4, Relentless Assault 5
    Last edited by GibberingEloquence; 12-30-2016, 02:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    Originally posted by Reighnhell View Post

Hmmm.. I have a idea for this, but I dropped the part requiring the entity to have a ticket (a drawback that unlikely isn't much of a drawback).
    The Shadow Ticket
    A Shadow Ticket is an item crafted from a discarded travel pass (typically a bus or train ticket, but any similar token will suffice). When properly prepared (the common ritual involves soaking the ticket in an infusion of witch-hazel and thistles), Shadow Tickets grant its equipment bonus to Abjuration and Warding rolls involving Spirits. A prepared Shadow Ticket retains its potency for 24 hours.
    Equipment Bonus: +1 Size: 0(1) Durability: 1(2) Availability: 1
    Powers
    Blocked Passage:
    The user can temporarily block the passage of a Spirit. By burning the ticket, spending a point of Willpower, and making a Presence + Occult roll, the user prevents Spirits from entering or passing through an area roughly the size of a small room (as if it were touching its bane) for (success) number of turns. Shadow Tickets are ineffective against any Spirit of rank 3 or higher.
    I like it. Thanks for writing that up. It makes a great Christmas present.

Leave a comment:

• Reighnhell
    replied
    Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
    A ticket that allows the user to make a barrier against ephemerals around an area, provided that the area is suited to the ticket (e.g. a subway station for a subway ticket) and the entity doesn't have a valid ticket.
    Hmmm.. I have a idea for this, but I dropped the part requiring the entity to have a ticket (a drawback that unlikely isn't much of a drawback).
    The Shadow Ticket
    A Shadow Ticket is an item crafted from a discarded travel pass (typically a bus or train ticket, but any similar token will suffice). When properly prepared (the common ritual involves soaking the ticket in an infusion of witch-hazel and thistles), Shadow Tickets grant its equipment bonus to Abjuration and Warding rolls involving Spirits. A prepared Shadow Ticket retains its potency for 24 hours.
    Equipment Bonus: +1 Size: 0(1) Durability: 1(2) Availability: 1
    Powers
    Blocked Passage:
    The user can temporarily block the passage of a Spirit. By burning the ticket, spending a point of Willpower, and making a Presence + Occult roll, the user prevents Spirits from entering or passing through an area roughly the size of a small room (as if it were touching its bane) for (success) number of turns. Shadow Tickets are ineffective against any Spirit of rank 3 or higher.

A challenge: An old that is truly the opposite of a gun. There's a very powerful one in a book I read recently, and I want to see how close your idea comes to the "gun" from that book.
    Feels like I am missing part of this description - how can a "gun" be the opposite of a gun? An intriguing riddle but hard to turn into game stats!

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    A challenge: An old that is truly the opposite of a gun. There's a very powerful one in a book I read recently, and I want to see how close your idea comes to the "gun" from that book.

Leave a comment:

• ajf115
    replied
    An idea:

A ticket that allows the user to make a barrier against ephemerals around an area, provided that the area is suited to the ticket (e.g. a subway station for a subway ticket) and the entity doesn't have a valid ticket.

Leave a comment:

• Reighnhell
    replied
    I do so enjoy the Challenge Round!
    The Corvid ●●
    This item is a skull that is a grotesque blend of human and avian traits. The avian elements have a distinctly raven-like aspect, which is how the item gained the name “The Corvid”. It has been a topic of some debates among cryptozoologists, with most dismissing it as a (well-crafted and convincing) hoax. The skull has been polished to gleaming finish and is currently kept in a private collection of curiosities.
    Size: 1 Durability: 2(5) Availability: 2

To use the following abilities, the possessor must spend 4 points of willpower to gain the Bonded Relic condition.
    Eyes of the Raven: The Corvid has a powerful connection to Crows, Ravens, and other birds belonging to the Corvidae family. By gazing into the eye sockets of the skull, spending two points of willpower and making a Presence +Animal Ken roll (penalized by the Animals Resolve), the user possesses the nearest Corvid. They experience the world through the animal’s senses and may mentally command the animal to perform any task it is physically capable of. This connection lasts until the end of the scene. While using the power of the Corvid, the user gains the Captivated Condition.
    Drawback
    Soul Bond: While using Eyes of the Raven, the possessor experiences all the animals’ senses-including pain. If the animal that is possessed is injured, the possessor takes an equivalent amount of bashing damage. If the animal is killed while it is possessed, the possessor suffers the Soul Shocked Condition.

The Hyde Chamber ●●●
    This apparatus is a large rectangular booth, with a framework made of steel and thick tinted glass. On the inside is a panel with a series of keys, switches and dials, with two prominent circular buttons (one red, the other green). Several thick cables trail from a steel encased housing in back of the device. The Chamber was discovered in the apartment of a deceased hoarder and was taken home by one of the cleaning crew. It is currently kept as a novelty in a fraternity house.
    Size: 7 Durability: 2(5) Availability: 3

Powers
    Schism: The Hyde Chamber is a device capable of separating the Virtuous and Venal elements of a person’s character into separate entities. Activating the chamber requires the user to stand within the device, spend a point of Willpower and make an Intelligence +Science roll at a -3 penalty. If successful, the user gains the Virtuous Merit, but no longer gains Willpower from their Vice. The user may choose to gain the Vice – Ridden Merit instead (in which case they no longer gain Willpower from their Virtue). This alteration of behavior lasts for [10 – Integrity] days, after which they lose the Vice – Ridden /Virtuous Merits and regain Willpower from their Vice/Virtue normally. However, on a dramatic failure the alteration becomes indefinite. Lastly, the device on works on beings that possess Integrity.
    The device is powered by a capacitor that must be recharged for 24 hours before it can be used again.
    Lost Manual: The Hyde Chamber once included an obsessively detailed instruction manual that was several hundred pages long. While the manual still exists (there may even be multiple copies) its current whereabouts are unknown. Using the manual grants a +3 equipment bonus to using the Hyde Chamber and allows the user to extend or reduce the duration of the effect by a number of days equal to successes rolled during activation. Other effects may be possible at the Storytellers discretion.
    Drawback
    Virtuous/Villainous Double: When the Hyde Chamber is used, it creates an ephemeral duplicate of the user. The duplicate appears at a location familiar to the user that is within at most 1 mile. The duplicate is considered a Rank 2 Goetia that can use the Materialize and Twilight Form Manifestations. This entity has all the originals memories, and possesses the Virtue or Vice that was shed when the Hyde Chamber was used. While not immediately antagonistic to the original, it is likely to have different priorities and cause no small amount of confusion among the users loved ones, friends, and acquaintances.

The Twilight Gourmet ●●
    This hand-written leather bound journal contains over fifty well-crafted recipes in addition to practical occult knowledge concerning ghosts, spirits, and more obscure entities. The text is written with exacting detail and gentle humor. The Twilight Gourmet grants its equipment bonus to rolls involving Cooking and Ephemeral Entities.
    Equipment Bonus: +2 Size: 1 Durability: 1(3) Availability: 2

Powers
    Resonant Feast: The cook spends 1 point of Willpower and makes an extended Intelligence or Wits + Crafts roll to prepare a meal imbued with Essence. The meal requires 5 successes/per point of Essence imbued into the meal (maximum 5 points) and each roll requires 30 minutes of kitchen time. The Essence within the meal is resonant for a particular type of Ephemeral Entity (chosen when the meal is prepared) – the entity can take the essence from the meal as if they were stealing it from another entity of the same type. The entity that takes this Essence gains the Leveraged condition in relation to the cook.

The Wyrd Cauldron ●●●●
    This antique cauldron is crafted from hammered iron and has a 4 gallon capacity. It has a 3 legged design and study side handles for lifting. The makers mark on the bottom dates the cauldron to 1912. Despite its age, it is in excellent condition and is scrubbed and well-seasoned. The Wyrd Cauldron grants its equipment bonus to Crafts or Expression rolls to meals prepared using the Cauldron.
    Equipment Bonus: +2 Size: 3 Durability: 3(7) Availability: 2

Powers

To use the following abilities, the possessor must spend 4 points of willpower to gain the Bonded Relic condition.
    Toil and Trouble: The Wyrd Cauldron imparts upon its possessor knowledge of potion craft. The possessor spends 2 points of Willpower and makes an extended Wit + Crafts or Occult roll with a penalty equal to the Availability of the recipes ingredients. Each roll requires 60 minutes of careful simmering and stirring while the number of successes needed is based upon the particular type of elixir being made. If successful, the Cauldron produces a dose of elixir (roughly 1 pint of thick fluid). On an exceptional success a second dose is created. The Cauldron can only be used for this purpose once a day and a dose of elixir only remains potent for 24 hours – after which it deteriorates into a clotted, foul-smelling sludge. Elixirs created by the Cauldron only work on beings that possess Integrity and drinking one is a Breaking Point with a -2 penalty.
    The Cauldron imparts knowledge of the following recipes (although others may be discovered or invented).
    Excellency: Brewing this potion requires 5 successes. If successful, the imbiber gains the Cauldrons equipment bonus to the use of a skill (determined when the potion is created) until the end of the scene. This recipe requires an assortment of Availability ● ingredients (unusual, but not dangerous, illegal or rare).
    Prowess: Brewing this potion requires 10 successes. If successful, the imbiber gains the Cauldrons equipment bonus to the use of an Attribute (determined when the potion is created) until the end of the scene. This recipe requires an assortment of Availability ●● ingredients (potentially dangerous, illegal or rare).
    Potency: Brewing this potion requires 15 successes. If successful, the imbiber gains either 3 dots in Physical, Mental or Supernatural Merit, or gains the use of a Dread Power or Numina (determined when the potion is created) until the end of the scene. This recipe requires an assortment of Availability ●●● ingredients (almost always dangerous, illegal, or rare). In addition, the possessor must use a portion of flesh and blood from a being that possesses the desired merit or power (or a reasonable equivalent).
    Last edited by Reighnhell; 01-17-2018, 01:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GibberingEloquence
    replied
    I have some suggestions:

1) A witch's cauldron that lets you turn the body parts of supernaturals into potions that contain Dread Powers
    2) A recipe book traditionally used to prepare meals to appease ghosts and spirits
    3) The skull of an avian cryptid that lets you see through the eyes of birds from miles away
    4) A strange phone booth-like device which can remove your Virtue or Vice, which is expelled from your Oneiros as a Materialized Goetia

Leave a comment:

• Reighnhell
    replied
    New Relics
    Coffin Nail
    The “Coffin Nail” is an item often found in the possession of exorcists, mediums, and others who traffic with the dead. They are antique iron nails that have been pulled free from a used casket and plated in silver or brass. Coffin Nails grant its equipment bonus to Abjuration, Exorcism and Summoning rolls involving Ghosts.
    Equipment Bonus: +1 Size: 0 Durability: 0(1) Availability: 1

Powers
    Death Finder:
    When a Coffin Nail is submerged in alcohol, it behaves like a compass, turning to point towards the nearest individual, object, or location that is Resonant for Ghosts, granting its equipment bonus to locating such phenomena. Coffin Nails are also considered a bane against Rank 1 Ghosts.

Magic Bullets ●●
    This plain brown cardboard box (with the words “when all else fails” printed on the front) contains rifle cartridges machined to fit weapons that use 30.06 rounds. Of a case that originally contained 20 rounds, only 8 remain. Each of the bullets is jacketed in silver and gold but have no other distinguishing marks. When used, the Magic Bullets grant its equipment bonus to the shooters firearms roll, seemingly altering its path mid-flight to strike its target.
    Equipment Bonus: +2 Size: 0 Durability: 1 Availability: 2

Powers
    Damage dealt by Magic Bullets is considered supernatural damage.
    Occult Penetration: The bullets are especially effective against targets protected by supernatural means. The bullets gain Armor Piercing 2 against Armor granted by Arcana, Disciplines, Gifts, or similar supernatural powers.

Saint’s Collar ●●
    This black leather dog collar is decorated with studs and sized for a larger breed, but can be worn comfortably by a human. The tag with the name “Saint” is still attached. Saint’s Collar grants its equipment bonus to Animal Ken rolls involving Dogs, Wolves or other canines.
    Equipment Bonus: +2 Size: 1 Durability: 1(3) Availability: 2
    Powers

Loyal Saint: The Collar is an anchor for the ghostly presence of “Loyal Saint”. Saint was a guard dog and companion whose loyalty lingered on well beyond death. The holder of the collar can see and interact with Saint as if he were manifest, and can command the entity in much the same way one would command a living animal. Saint would never willingly turn on or abandon anyone he is bonded to and gains a +2 bonus to resist any supernatural attempts to compel his behavior.

Loyal Saint
    Loyal Saint appears as he did in life; a large, handsome dog that is an English Mastiff – Rottweiler mixed breed. His eyes glow amber. Despite being the ghost of an animal (already a rarity), Saint’s bond to the Collar has made him strong and intelligent. He is generally even tempered and affectionate, but can become violent if the person he is Bonded to is endangered or threatened.
    Rank 2[Ghost]; Power 5 Finesse 4, Resistance 5, Willpower 9, Essence 15
    Virtue Loyal, Vice: Protective
    Influence: Anchor 1, Protection 1
    Ban: Cannot harm or betray the Bonded individual
    Bane: Silver
    Manifestation: Fetter, Materialize, Twilight Form
    Numina: Awe, Pathfinder, Stalwart

Last edited by Reighnhell; 01-17-2018, 01:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Reighnhell
    replied
    RE Gun del Sol

I am not familiar with "Boktai", but a quick internet search gives me the general idea of the weapon. When I design Relics, I start with a short idea, similar to the "Concept"part of character creation. So in this case it would be "A Gun that uses sunlight to hurt Vampires". From there I start thinking about the mechanics (as a guideline I use a hybrid of the rules from Reliquary and the endowment creation system from Hunter the Vigil.) This one is fairly strait forward - it deals damage to Vampires. For utility, I would extend this to the undead in general. I would allow it to deal damage to mortals and other creatures, but significantly less.

For the base mechanics I would use the stats for a heavy revolver as the framework and set its base dots equal to the weapons dots in Availability. From there, I think of the mechanical facets it should have. The light power of the weapon I would rule as "Fire" damage, and would be applied as such to creatures with fire as a bane. The weapon is light based, so I would also add an accuracy bonus. Against the Undead, I added the 9-Again effect to give the weapon a bit more power. I would also add a security feature that makes it difficult for the anyone other than the primary user to access. The weapon has a few intrinsic drawbacks, the primary being it needs to charge in the sun (A neat mechanic from Boktai that is very flavorful). The second being its limited usefulness against non-undead targets. I also added a breaking point drawback - this is tokeep the device more on-genre with the CofD - I don't think the typical persons Integrity would have a easier time dealing with "weird science" than it would with "weird any-thing-else".

The basic set up starts to look like this

Heavy Revolver ●●
    + Fire Damage
    + 9 again
    + Accuracy (+2) ●●
    + Limited User
    - Specified Target ( Undead )
    - Strange Cost (Sunlight) ●●
    - Breaking Point

From there the elements can be added up. You also add the flavor and backstory at this part, since every good Device or Relic needs a history or at least a few good plot hooks. I try to make sure each relic has a nature that is Dark, Mysterious, or Strange, and feels like an appropriate fit for the genre and setting (even if the inspiration source was from a different genre entirely). the full write up is below.
    Professor Comet’s Radiant Cannon ●●●
    Professor Comet’s Radiant Cannon is a device that’s creation is attributed to the individual known only as “Professor Comet”. It is an oversized futuristic –looking pistol with distinctive glass focusing lenses and is plated with gold and brass. Each time it is fired there is a bright muzzle flash and loud report - making the weapon difficult to use stealthily. It is kept in a storage case that contains its recharging and programming apparatus. The storage case also contains a detailed instruction manual, which addresses the reader as “The proud owner of a genuine Professor Comet Radiant Cannon”. The manual also gives steps for repair and maintenance, but strictly advises against trying to replicate the device. The manual also gives information about “Necro –Organisms”, and how to use the Radiant Cannon to defeat them.
    Damage: +2 (9-Again) Initiative: -2 Size: 1 Durability: 3(6) Capacity: 6 Range: 35/70/140 Availability: 4

Powers
    Accurate: The Radiant Cannon gives its wielder a +2 equipment bonus to attacks made with the device.
    Radiant Beam: The Radiant Cannon fires an intense beam of focused light that has a pronounced effect on creatures considered Undead (such as Mummies, Vampires, and Zombies). Against these creatures, the damage dealt by the Radiant Cannon is treated as if it were inflicted by Fire. The weapon can also be used against non-undead targets, but reduces its damage to +0 and loses 9-Again in such cases. Once its charges are expended the Radiant Cannon must be exposed to direct sunlight to recharge; each hour of exposure recovers 1 charge.
    Calibration: Once per day, the Radiant Cannon must be re-calibrated. This process requires that the weapon be fully charged and docked in its carrying case. This calibration makes use of the users fingerprints and makes so only a person with matching biometrics can use the weapon- it refuses to fire for anyone else.

Drawback
    Weird Science: The design specifics of the device don’t conform to conventional principles and truthfully it shouldn’t function at all. While the device can be disassembled and reassembled relatively easily, any attempt to replicate it creates a non-functional (or dangerously unstable) copy. This strange science is unsettling to those that interact with it; using the weapon is a Breaking Point with a -1 penalty.
    Last edited by Reighnhell; 11-06-2016, 09:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Geckopirateship
    replied
    What do you think the Gun del Sol from Boktai would be like?

Leave a comment:

• Reighnhell
    replied
    some new items
    The Frayed Sweater ●●
    This worn and faded wool sweater is knitted in bands of red and green and has begun the fray around the edges. It smells vaguely of smoke but always fits comfortably.
    Equipment Bonus: +2 Size: 3 Durability: 0(2) Availability: 1

Powers
    Dreamcapes: The Sweater has an odd connection to the realm of dreams; anyone wearing the sweater gains access to the Lucid Dreamer Merit. In addition, they may add the sweaters equipment bonus when engaging in any type of dream combat.
    Drawback
    Nightmares: The Sweater attracts the worst sort of attention. Any type of entity capable of entering or manipulating dreams gains a +1 equipment bonus to all rolls against the wearer.

The Young Witches Practical Manual ●●
    This volume was originally printed in 1924, but was transcribed from the much older personal journals of a writer identified only a “TS”. The volume is filled with folklore and minor rituals consistent with many folk traditions common among European settlers to North America during the late 1600’s. The initial print run was limited and less than 100 copies are believed to still be in circulation.
    The Young Witches Practical Manual grants its equipment bonus to investigation and research rolls involving Folk Magic and Witchcraft.
    Equipment Bonus: +2 Size: 1 Durability: 1(3) Availability: 3
    The Craft: Once per chapter, after reading the text for at least an hour, the reader may spend a willpower point and make an Intelligence + Academics or Occult roll. If successful they gain the Informed (Witchcraft) Condition. On an exceptional success the possessor gain a +1 bonus to their next Breaking Point.
    Occult Tutor: For as long as the Young Witches Practical Manual remains in the users possession, they gain a beat when they purchase one of the following merits; Automatic Writing, Eye for the Strange, Medium, Omen Sensitivity, Telekinesis, Unseen Sense (Witchcraft)

Leave a comment:

• Reighnhell
    replied
    A few new ones
    Madwoman’s Cleaver ●●
    The “Madwoman’s Cleaver” is an iron meat cleaver that dates back to Victorian England. It was used by a young woman from a prominent aristocratic household to murder her mother and several servants. It is only due to the family’s wealth and influence that she was sent to an asylum (where she spent the rest of her life) rather than to the gallows. The Clever is heavy, with a splintered wooden handle and is coated in rust. Despite its age and weathered condition, it remains razor sharp and can draw blood with even minor application of force.
    Damage: +2 Initiative: -2 Strength: 2 Size: 1 Durability: 2(5) Special: 9-Again Availability: 2

Powers
    Damage dealt by the Madwoman’s Cleaver is considered supernatural damage.
    Cleaving Strike: Once per scene, the wielder of the Cleaver can apply one of the following Tilts when she damages her victim with an attack: Arm Wrack, Bleeding, Leg Wrack, or Knocked Down. This does not require a targeted attack.
    Drawback
    Maddening: The Cleaver radiates violence and insanity – once per scene, anyone with Integrity of 5 or less who is within arm’s reach of the Cleaver must make a Resolve + Composure roll to resist the creeping anxiety and paranoia, gaining the Insane Tilt if the rolls is failed. This tilt is resolved normally once gained.

The Samedi Spectacles ●●
    The Samedi Spectacles are a pair of dark-rimmed, think lensed glasses, rumored to have once been worn by the Haitian despot François “Papa Doc” Duvalier. The right lens is noticeably darker than the left, but otherwise the glasses remain in good condition. Despite the thickness of the lenses, the user can see clearly through them (even if they normally wear a different prescription).
    Size: 0 Durability: 1(3) Availability: 2

Powers
    See The Dead: By spending a point of Willpower, taking a shot of rum, and donning the glasses, the user gains the ability to see and hear spirits of the dead lurking in Twilight. This functions as the Medium merit, but only applies to ghosts or other death-related ephemeral entities. The use of this merit ends when the spectacles are removed or at the next sunrise, whichever happens first.
    Drawback
    Wicked Hangover: In addition to any drawbacks from the Medium merit, the user gains the Sick (moderate) Tilt the next time they awaken from sleep, feeling as though they had been drinking to excess the previous evening. This tilt lasts until the next sunset.
    Last edited by Reighnhell; 10-25-2016, 10:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Reighnhell
    replied
    Thanks! Posting a few more below -
    The Effigy Poppet ●●●
    The Effigy Poppet is a small doll, made of burlap and stuffed with cotton and straw. Its face is a crudely stitched skull with buttons for eyes. The doll is easily mistaken for a cheap tourist’s trinket, and was last seen resting on a shelf in a voodoo-themed tourist trap in New Orleans.
    Size: 2 Durability: 0(3) Availability: 2

Powers
    Effigy Curse: The possessor of the doll may affix an item belonging to the intended target to the Poppet, spend 2 points of Willpower, and make a Presence + Occult roll (resisted by the targets Composure). If successful, the Poppet establishes a connection to the target for a number of hours equal to the number of successes. Once established, the possessor may spend 2 points of Willpower and drive a pin into the doll, inflicting a Condition or Tilt. Each location causes a different effect and the target can only be subject to one such Condition or Tilt at a time; choosing a new effect immediately ends the previous effect.Any Conditions or Tilts inflicted by the Poppet end immediately once the duration of the connection lapses. Using Effigy Curse is a Breaking Point.

Arms or Legs: Causes Arm Wracked or Leg Wracked Tilt as appropriate to the pierced location.
    Eye, Ear, or Mouth: Causes Blinded or Deafened Tilt, or the Mute Condition as appropriate to the pierced location.
    Head: Causes Cursed Condition
    Heart: Causes Swooned (Possessor of the Effigy) Condition
    Stomach: Causes Sick Tilt

Sefer Shedim ●●●
    Also known as “The Demon Book”, Sefer Shedim is a leather-bound text written entirely in Hebrew, and dates to 16th century Prague. Despite its ominous name, the book is an obsessively detailed manual of the ways, habits, and methodologies of demonic entities. Only 3 copies are known to exist. Sefer Shedim grants its equipment bonus to Abjuration and Warding rolls against Demons and similar evil entities.
    Equipment Bonus: +3 Size: 1 Durability: 1(4) Availability: 5

Powers
    Sefer Shedim contains the following ritual, which can be performed by anyone with at least 3 dots of Occult. Performing these rituals is a Breaking Point with a -1 penalty.
    Magen neged Shedim: This ritual protects the ritualist against the influence of demonic entities (which includes but is not limited to; demons (unbound and lower depth) and spirits (associated with death, vices, and similar influences).The ritualist spends 1 point of Willpower and makes an extended Intelligence + Academics or Occult roll. The ritual requires 5 successes and each roll requires 30 minutes of meditation and incanting proper verses. Until the next sunrise, the ritualist is protected against the Numina, Influences, and Manifestations of spirits. Such attacks must succeed at a Clash of Wills to harm the subject (the ritualist gains a dice pool of Resolve +3 for this roll).

Leave a comment:

• OrionTyson
    replied
    This is incredible! I would love to see it published!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X