X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Almarck
    • Jul 2015

DarkFrame, a Far Future Crossover Setting

“Earth is for Grineer!” shouted the soldier, his voice almost guttural. His armor was big and bulbous, like any lancer’s, but plasma burn marks and bullet holes that leaked reddish fluid decorated it. He smashed the butt of his gun against the woman without any care or regard, knocking her down to the floor in and causing a tooth to bust out.
    The woman groaned and tried to pick herself up, wiping the blood that spilled out of her mouth against her synthread encrusted sleeve. “We’re just pilgrims! Leave us be!” she shouted, pleading.
    The soldier’s face mask undid itself, showing a face that was far too old and deformed for someone so big and tall. He lowered himself towards the women’s level and raised her head with a motion of mechanical limbs and spat in her face. With an angered motion, he raised her by the neck above the ground. “The Earth belongs to us! You will not have it!”
    The woman would have screamed if she could breathe, but instead all she could do was look around and take in all that had transpired thus far. She saw her men, somewhere over a few dozen of them had their faces to the ground as heavily armored cyborgs pressed the butts of their crude ballistics, gleefully awaiting the order to terminate her team.
    They wanted to go to Earth to set foot upon the ancestral homeworld for all of humankind, now it seemed like they were going to be buried here amongst unnatural trees the size of arcologies.
    The woman landed on her rear as the grineer sargent’s hands let go of her. She thought it was the end. She could only shield her gaze from the harsh sunlight the spilled into her eyes, but she could hear all the same.
    The sergeant barked something in his native tongue, unintelligible to most non Grineer, grabbed his rifle and started pointing it in the direction of the trees. He resealed his face mask, but it was clear he was on high alert.
    The rest of the soldiers did the same, abandoning their watchful gaze over the unarmed pilgrims and turning to other matters. There was a bunch of chatter coming out from each mouth, communication, the woman believed. As degraded as Grineer minds were, they still had to know basic coordination.
    The woman couldn’t make most of what they said, but the phrase one of the soldiers barked: “Teero Skoom!” made her think that maybe her luck was about to change after all. The Tenno were one of the few things that could give the Grineer pause, warriors from the Old Empire brought into a new age, yet they were also demons of the Void. Still, better to deal with a faceless mute than a degenerate clone.
    The woman held her breath, waiting a few painful and uncertain moments.
    The grineer stepped further away from her and her team, moving closer to the brush, poking their guns against a bush.
    And then from out of nowhere everything happened all at once.
    One of the grineer had spontaneously combusted before her very eyes, leaving nothing but a burning skeleton of bone and cybernetics. Another seemingly was split in half by an invisible force.
    The marines all opened fire wildly, as if catching a glimpse of an unseen foe. They retaliated and threw grenades, a marine with a flamer attempted to set the whole forest on fire. But then things started to go wrong. One of the marines charged a compatriot and began bludgeoning him to death with his own skull as if driven mad and wanting to die. Another shot his own teammates, eyes bleeding before detonating a grenade in his own face.
    The woman was horrified. At once glad that the brutes were getting slaughtered so easily, but at the same time worried for her own sake.
    But the last straw came when beast like creature then arose from the burning brush, a muzzle that was long and a gaze that was red with malice. It was tall, bigger than any grineer and with a form that seemed to radiate a frightening physical… and spiritual power. From behind the creature was several other shapes, all smaller, all distinctly more human, but the woman couldn’t care about any of them.
    The grineer sergeant yelled something in his own native tongue and tried to blast the beast with his ballistics weapon. The beast only seemed slightly bothered by the pitiful attack, wounds opening for a split second before closing yet again.
    It lunged in with a rapid speed and knocked the sargent flat onto the ground like he was nothing. It then bent down as if to have a closer look at his face before killing him.
    The sergeant responded to the insult by ramming a mechanical fist into the creature’s gut, but that seemed to do justas much good as his gun did. The creature lifted a clawed hand over to the offending arm and in a single move tore the limb from its socket.
    The sergeant screamed as claws dug into his chest, peeling away his armor and flesh alike and ripping the clone to shreds. The beast let out a ghastly howl, satisfied with its kill.
    The woman screamed, terrified out of her mind by the sight. She could only muster enough courage to get her to leave this place before she ended up on the menu too.
    These were not Tenno, but they were still demons…

=======

The Earth That Was
    The Origin System, named so for it was at the very center and the origin of the original human race. Heavily colonized such that entire moons and planets have been terraformed to sustain life, even as far distant as Pluto, the Orokin Empire a civilization that laid claim to the stars called this place their seat of power.
    The Orokin Empire was founded on advanced science and understanding, the empowerment of common humanity was a key part to the beliefs at the core. Deviants who were touched by forces beyond understanding and reason were looked down upon, even considered as monsters, devils, and worse. In a very real sense, they were right.
    The creatures and forces the lurked in the night ever since humanity was weak and short lived. The Empire detested such creatures and often required such creatures be removed from their prestine society. It did not matter the why and the how, for even if one appeared human, it could not be trusted.
    When the empire fell in the Old War over a thousand years ago, the survivors picked up the pieces and rebuilt, scavenging a living off of their long dead masters. But with the Orokin gone, the monsters slowly show themselves once more, into a Solar System transformed.

====
    Setting
    DarkFrame is a combination of the Setting Warframe and Chronicles of Darkness.
    It is set in a heavily populated and colonized Solar system in the distant future where 21th century mankind is a distant memory in the same way we think of the Ancient Egyptians.
    Humans here are long lived due to advanced medicine and very likely genetics, where it’s expected you’d live past your first century. But life is cheap. The two major powers in the Origin System do not care anything for casualties and will willingly throw millions of soldiers at a problem if it means more power is to be had.
    Other dangers exist such as a rampaging bio weapon or a race of rebellious machines that slowly return.
    And to add to the chaos, the creatures that hid in the shadow since time immemorial make their return.

=====
    Notes:
    The inspiration for this idea came from my memories of Leliel’s Darkness of Endless Space project, although with a primarily TPS game rather than a 4X.

I’ve got a check list below detailing some of the ideas I have worked out but have yet to put onto paper, but there’s a couple of things I am looking forward to doing.
    Making a playable instances of the various origin system factions. Corpus and most other humans will likely follow the default rules.
    Grineer will require their own “race rules” given their nature as heavily degraded cyborgs, nothing too gamebreaking. Not all Grineer are given powered armor, though all do possess mechanical limbs. I’m thinking a merit to represent body types with “unarmored civilian” as the playable default but ramping it up to higher combat oriented body types for a dot cost.
    The Tenno I feel are likely going to be treated as a minisplat in of themselves, especially since while some of their themes match up with the sample of Deviant we have, Deviant doesn’t currently have a printed concrete data yet for mechanics.

I will of course address the viability of having supernaturals that originate from each human faction, except for the Tenno. Everyone is fundamentally human, if altered on some level. It’s not unreasonable to assume they can still be Embraced, Awaken, or go over the First Change, should the right conditions arrise.

Checklist

History: The Earth that Was
    Setting Details
    Monsters (Need ideas for sideplots.)
    :Vampires
    :Werewolf ~ New Pangea
    :Mage ~ More Mysteries
    :Prometheans
    :Changeling
    :Giest
    :Mummy
    emons
    Factions
    : Grineer
    : Corpus
    : Tenno
    : Sentients
    : Other

Mechs: Because even the Chronicles of Darkness needs robot fights.
    DarkFrame: Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.
    Monarch: The Endless You are an alien ruler, charged with maintaining a people who you shape to suit your needs.
  • Rani Neferet
    • Nov 2013

Warframe fan eh? Any good updates lately?

Comment

• Almarck
      • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Rani Neferet View Post
      Warframe fan eh? Any good updates lately?

Second Dream revealing a bunch of stuff. Without getting into details, Lotus ... did stuff to the Moon. Massive lore stuff.
      The last major update before overhauled the Parkour system and removed stamina, making you love and jump like a stereotypical ninja.
      4 new frames in like 3 months
      Oh, and J3 Golem got revamped a few months ago into both a normal boss and a raid boss. He's a basically a spaceship that you have to kill. And you actually feel bad for doing it.

I'm not going to focus on the video game "too much" aside from adaptation.

I will note that I will be spoiling Second Dream as part of.... the stuff that happened.
      Last edited by Almarck; 01-21-2016, 03:53 PM.

DarkFrame: Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.
      Monarch: The Endless You are an alien ruler, charged with maintaining a people who you shape to suit your needs.

Comment

• Leliel
        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Almarck View Post

Second Dream revealing a bunch of stuff. Without getting into details, Lotus ... did stuff to the Moon. Massive lore stuff.
        The last major update before overhauled the Parkour system and removed stamina, making you love and jump like a stereotypical ninja.
        4 new frames in like 3 months
        Oh, and J3 Golem got revamped a few months ago into both a normal boss and a raid boss. He's a basically a spaceship that you have to kill. And you actually feel bad for doing it.

I'm not going to focus on the video game "too much" aside from adaptation.

I will note that I will be spoiling Second Dream as part of.... the stuff that happened.
        Well, that's understandable. Second Dream's really where the lore has solidified into something larger than Tenno and their immediate allies and enemies.

Also, from the initial release, we now know enough about the Orokin to not miss them, we know there's more than Grineer and Corpus to the solar system, and Ordis is awesome.

If you really want the Second Dream and its prequel's story revelations (inhale):

- Orokin were killed by a race of what are apparently artificial intelligences, the Sentients,

- Lotus is a Sentient who was meant to be an infiltrator but developed a parental instinct towards Tenno, deciding to ignore the second part of "Turn Tenno against Orokin, then kill them,"

- We don't care, because Orokin needed to die,

- Lotus "father", Hunhow, is still alive and a major antagonist after Tyl Regor freed him from his tomb,

- The Stalker, that jerk who thinks you deserve to die for killing any boss (and the Orokin, who needed to die), is now working for Hunhow,

- Alad V found a way to cure himself of the Infestation with no apparent long term effects, and is now working with Lotus for his own reasons,

- The moon actually still exists, the Orokin just hid it in the Void given how it was their planetary capital,

- The Tenno project was headed by a woman named Margulis, who was executed by the Orokin because they were jerks who needed to die

(BIG SPOILER AHEAD, CLOSE THIS IF YOU WANT TO PLAY THE GAME YOURSELF AND ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THIS)
        - "Tenno" and "Warframe" are two completely separate entities,

- The "Warframe" is akin to a remote-controlled Evangelion that can act on its own, and that comparison fits because

- The "Tenno Operators" are pubescent teenagers the Orokin salvaged from a catastrophic ship accident, and then turned into weapons because their exposure to Void energy made them more effective against Sentients, executing Margulis because she objected to this plan.

- Did I mention the Orokin needed to die? Because they did, and the wold's a slightly better place for it, rampaging Grineer aside.

Comment

• Almarck
          • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Leliel View Post

Well, that's understandable. Second Dream's really where the lore has solidified into something larger than Tenno and their immediate allies and enemies.

Also, from the initial release, we now know enough about the Orokin to not miss them, we know there's more than Grineer and Corpus to the solar system, and Ordis is awesome.

If you really want the Second Dream and its prequel's story revelations (inhale):

Ah, I'm glad I have you aboard. You're the one who inspired me to do this, Leliel. With the Endless Space hack.

I am actually a bit surprised to find you so knowledgeable about the topic though.

But yes. What're your thoughts for how to allow "playable" instances of Tenno?

Well, I'm thinking for the most part the remote control is the option most used for "fights" but unlike in the games, it will be allowed for Tenno to leave their Orbiters for more hands on intel-gathering or to explore the Origin System. Obviously this has the risk of... dying for real as well as not being a peak human level brawler.

But otherwise, well, I think that when using Transferance, you can't directly communicate to non-Tenno without using a medium of some sort.

Last edited by Almarck; 01-21-2016, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• TyrannicalRabbit
            • May 2014

OP, I don't know what resources you have access to. But if you have the Book of the Deceived for Mummy. Check out the section on their reincarnation possibilities in the far future. Some good fodder for you I suspect.

Not returning to the forums, just stopping in for a moment. CofD not getting books so we can get fed WoD5e is an insult.

Comment

• Almarck
              • Jul 2015

Originally posted by TyrannicalRabbit View Post
              OP, I don't know what resources you have access to. But if you have the Book of the Deceived for Mummy. Check out the section on their reincarnation possibilities in the far future. Some good fodder for you I suspect.

What do you mean?

Comment

• TyrannicalRabbit
                • May 2014

Originally posted by Almarck View Post

What do you mean?
                I wont post the entirety of the text but long story short. The immortality of the Deceived is as the book puts it, "The Arisen and Shuankhsen are immortal, rising from death time and again in every age. Their Rite of Return is perhaps the greatest wonder that magic has ever unleashed upon the world, making them both deathless and undying. By contrast, the Restless Stars are not immortal. They are eternal."

Just for some context, as for fodder we have. "Some future epoch may see lonely Restless Stars rise upon the burning sands of Mars, staring up at the red giant filling most of the sky as they struggle to hold onto fading recollections of Earth like worn tombstones scoured of epitaphs."

Basically whatever primordial form of Fate that the deathless interact and are interwoven with will continue to make the Deceived rise up even if no life existed on earth.

Not returning to the forums, just stopping in for a moment. CofD not getting books so we can get fed WoD5e is an insult.

Comment

• Almarck
                  • Jul 2015

I wont post the entirety of the text but long story short. The immortality of the Deceived is as the book puts it, "The Arisen and Shuankhsen are immortal, rising from death time and again in every age. Their Rite of Return is perhaps the greatest wonder that magic has ever unleashed upon the world, making them both deathless and undying. By contrast, the Restless Stars are not immortal. They are eternal."

Just for some context, as for fodder we have. "Some future epoch may see lonely Restless Stars rise upon the burning sands of Mars, staring up at the red giant filling most of the sky as they struggle to hold onto fading recollections of Earth like worn tombstones scoured of epitaphs."

Basically whatever primordial form of Fate that the deathless interact and are interwoven with will continue to make the Deceived rise up even if no life existed on earth.

Oh, that I already knew.

I wasn't worried about the Restless Stars... more so, I was wondering how I could get "normal" Mummies this far into the future.

Comment

• TyrannicalRabbit
                    • May 2014

CULTS iN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

Comment

• Almarck
                      • Jul 2015

CULTS iN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

Well, that's not too hard to imagine, I guess.

The Corpus are a cult... that worships money and business and fantatical Corpus see nothing wrong with backstabbing another if it meant more profit.

"Profit Numbs the Feeling"

Comment

• Almarck
                        • Jul 2015

Alright, first to get their own section: "It's the Grineer!"

Grineer
                        “The Grineer were once builders but not all they make it war.” ~ A Lone Tenno Operative.
                        Once a genetically engineered servant race for the Orokin Empire, during the Fall, the Grineer rose against their former masters and destroyed them.
                        After was started as a single stolen ship commandeered by a free willed and intelligent mutant in an otherwise healthy and obedient batch of laborers, the Grineer rose to power within the Origin System. Led by two secretive rulers known as the Twin Queens, they hold sizable chunks of the Solar Rail network and lay claim to the ancient human homeworld of Earth, long since overrun by other genetic monsters.
                        The secret to the Grineer’s success has been its massive and widespread deployment of cloning, under the assumption that any lack of capability and finely tuned technical expertise can be made up for by having more manpower for everything. Warfare both in space and on the ground for them has devolved mostly to just throwing more soldiers at the enemy, production makes heavy use of laborers to counteract their relative lack of manufacturing tech compared to their competitors, and science…. science is not hindered by morality when new subjects can be cloned on demand.
                        The only real limit for the Grineer’s cloning is that due to poor preservations of genetic samples, degeneration caused by aggressive batch cloning, and possibly racism powerful enough to prevent them from taking and using gene samples from other human races, the Grineer have slowly devolved. Most Grineer today are born in mechanical wombs with bodies that are flooded with hideous tumors and cancers. The extremeties are often rotted to the point of uselessness and more often than not, minds too degraded to think of anything but servitude. Well, then again, that last part wasn’t the Grineer’s fault…
                        To make up for this, nearly every Grineer’s body is massively reconstructed with cybernetics, with soldiers receiving entire suits of armor fused directly to their bodies. As each Grineer is a clone and have mostly the same problems, it’s rather simple to institute massive prosthetic use on such a scale. And if anyone dies, well, his parts can be used for someone else.
                        The Grineer seek to dominate everything, to reign supreme and rule all. Warfare is the primary focus of this empire to the point it is mandatory that every female serve in the military. At least, that’s what the Grineer propaganda would have you think.
                        Not everyone agrees, nor is willing to serve the Queens.

Wild Clones
                        Despite being clones, the process used by the Grineer is fraught with errors in their programming, often leading to Grineer that are more self willed than others. Such clones, provided they live long enough rise through the ranks in the chain of command… or defect. Their freewilled nature makes them suitable for play.

Grineer receive the following rules changes from normal humans:
                        • Due to reconstruction of a good chunk of their bodies and heavy reliance on cybernetics, Grineer have a physical attribute cap of 7. When a Grineer advances attributes, it is generally assumed to be the result of cybernetics or genegrafting.
                        • Aside from needing a facemask to allow breathing in oxygen, Grineer bodies are vacuum hardened and come with magnetic feet to allow walking in a 0G environment.
                        • Due to mental degeneration, Grineer starting Integrity is 5.
                        • Also due to reconstruction and bulky bodies, Grineer may not wear armor suited for normal humans.
                        • Because of their bodies being a sizable chunk made of machinery and being prone to cancerous growths, Grineer do not recover naturally. Instead, Grineer must be "repaired" much like an object for 1 success for 1 lethal point of damage or 2 bashing damage. It takes 5 successes to deal with aggravated damage.
                        Grineer may select the following merit to make up for their inability to wear armor
                        Combat Augmentation 000, 00000, 0000000
                        Due to their heavily cyborg nature and because of the sheer scale of the reconstruction needed to make a Grineer combat viable, it has become commonplace to instead just graft the armor directly to the soldier’s body. It isn’t as though the Grineer care enough to let their soldiers have social time or lives outside of the military; they will die eventually, no need to waste resources on trivial things.
                        This merit represents a Grineer character being outfitted with a suit of armor and variety of augments, the scale and effectiveness of which are determined by this merit. Due to the fact said armor is built into the Grineer’s body and is basically self moving, there are no speed or defense penalties for this armor.
                        At 000 dot, the grineer is given basic armor worth approximately 2/3 and with a jump that lets them multiply the distance for any jump they make by 3.
                        At 00000 dot, the grineer is given heavier and bulkier ferrite armor worth approximately 3/4 and with a jump that lets them multiply the distance for any jump they make by 3. Grineer also increase in size by 1.
                        At 0000000 dot, the grineer is given basic armor worth approximately 4/6 and with a jump that lets them multiply the distance for any jump they make by 3. Grineer also increase in size by 2.

The cost of this merit isn’t just in the cost of purchasing the powered armor, but also in the cost of purchasing contacts able to and willing to install it. For Renegade Grineer, this is harder than you’d think. Maybe would-be defectors come from the “civilian” sector and thus often do not possess any augments of their own.
                        Upgrading to a higher tier simply requires paying the difference in costs for the higher tiered version.

Grineer and the Supernatural
                        The Grineer do not fear the supernatural and the unexplained as the other races of the Origin system do. The only catch is that if it would not serve them, it must be destroyed.
                        For reasons that are very self evident, free spirited grineer are more likely to become Supernaturals on their own, though in the past there have been some experiments dabbling with the types that can be repeated.

Vampires: The Grineer have tried to make more vampiric grineer to bolster themselves, but the limitations of vampirism have made it very hard to mass create them on a worthwhile scale. That hasn’t stopped scientists from trying to clone vampires.
                        Werewolves: Considered too wild and untamed despite repeated “domestication” attempts. The Grineer kill them when spotted. Worth noting that it is rumored that Grineer, despite their degeneration might still be capable of undergoing the First Change, and thus sheding their imperfect bodies.
                        Mages: The culture of the Grineer makes it very hard for mages to happen, however, free willed clones have a high chance of the Awakening happening after they leave… or as a catalyst.
                        Changelings: For reasons unknown, perhaps due to simply being boring, the Grineer do not get captured to become changelings and are seemingly uninterested in the Changelings themselves.
                        Prometheans: Grineer parts can certainly be used to make a Promethean and more than a few times has one demented cloning specialist attempted it in the quest to cure the genetic degradation that plagues all Grineer. The Grineer like to capture any Azoth enhanced creatures they find in hopes of undergoing a “New Dawn” for the whole race.
                        Giest: Surprisingly, it is very rare for a Grineer to recieve a contract from a Giest and become a Sineater, though not unheard of. Most likely they are poor hosts. The Grineer are interested in reproducing them and have taken into having entire batches cloned so that they could almost die.
                        Mummy: There has not been yet a recorded instance where a Grineer body was used to make a new mummy. However, it is very well known that Grineer seek to capture Mummies to learn more about the secrets of life and death for their own uses.
                        Demon: There have been instances of Angels and Demons being inserted into Grineer society for one reason or another. The Grineer have a zero tolerance policy towards god machine creations due to the massive security breaches they cause.
                        Last edited by Almarck; 01-22-2016, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Almarck
                          • Jul 2015

Vampires
                          Of all of the creatures of the night, the vampires were the most hurt by the rise of the Orokin.
                          To the Princes and rulers of the Empire, the hemophages were not to be tollerated and were to be disposed of along with every other parasite that plagued human-kind.
                          The culling of the Vampiric race was massive, helped by the development of technologies and techniques to find the leeches where they slept. The prefered execution method was to deliver them to Mercury where the sun’s light at that distance would render them ash. Most surviving vampires were forced to flee the Origin system or hide in deep space or within secret places on planets and moons using advanced stasis and stealth technologies augmented by blood magic. Millions died in their sleep, but many survived into current nights these days.
                          Even without Dax soldiers hounding them, the Kindred have barely recovered from the hunts. The Orokin era saw many kullings. Strangely, the promise of even longer life through undead is even more tantilizing than any other peroid of history, when man already lives well into the centuries. Though, few are willing to submit to mere ghouldom just to prolong their lives anymore - The only ones who will accept are those that desire power and would rather become Kindred than become a servant. As a result most Kindred have to rely on other methods for labor.
                          While the Origin system is strangely hospitable for the few Kindred that survive, there are some dangers. Most populated worlds are too far away from the sun to ever have one worry about burning to ash by stepping out in front of a window and very few in these days worship anything that has any real faith to it, making many more susceptible. On the otherhand, some of the most common weapons in the system are plasma based energy projectors that can ignore some of the protections undeath grants the Kindred.
                          Survivors of the purge, most especially, high ranking members in the various Covenants that once saw the rise of a dozens of other Empires from the Orokin, are reminded of when they were young and see a solar system ripe for the picking.
                          Rulers of the Dead
                          The majority of all vampires these days are forced converts or those who sought to become Kindred for the powers, rather than for the prolonged life of immortality.
                          However, there remains an elite few survivors from before the Orokin rose. Mostly having been slept for so long they have forgotten much, it is around these ancients that Kindred society was rebuilt from. The reconstruction isn’t perfect and often there are errors, but it is preferable to the alternative.

Most survivors from the Orokin purge often did so by adopting a tactic used by the mummies: building secret lairs deep in environment and hoping no one would find them. Said shrines were outfitted with minimal security and with basic technology that could potentially survive for thousands of years undisturbed. Popular choices included deep in planetary crust or in large asteroids, though many such chambers were found by explorers looking for Orokin technology.
                          But the elite of vampire society decided on a different approach to keeping themselves secure. Using a technology similar to the Void cloaks that would one day be used by the Tenno, these powerful vampires built large ships called Necropoli, each the size of a small city but they were never made for anyone to live in them. Each vessel contained thousands upon thousands of stasis chambers and cryopods. These elders filled each pod with their supporters and cattle and fled to the far reaches of space just by the Kuiper belt, to hopefully awaken in an era when the Orokin would eventually fall. Should the waiting take to long and power run low, the Necropolis would automatically kill one of its inhabitants in order of priority to feed the special blood magic fueled engines at its heart.

As it turned out, this bet was a right one.

Necropolis 00000 00000
                          A Necropolis is a specialized spaceship designed to keep its owner and potentially thousands else perfectly safe for long periods of time. It effectively puts vampires and humans in a torpor like state for as long as a time as the owner specificities, whether that be in the hundreds or thousands of years.
                          When in or torpor, a vampire’s blood potency does not descend as it normally does. nor is stasis’s duration affected by other factors such as humanity. When stasis ends, the character awakens and continues to function as he did before it began.
                          The ship itself is camouflaged from all of the best sensors to the point that it is completely invisible to anything that is not designed to detect things within the Void, effectively making it unassailable to all but a few.

Also, past Mars, sunlight only causes bashing damage from exposure, and past Saturn, the Sun’s curse is ineffective. The sun’s power grows weaker the further away you are. Conversely, sunlight on Mercury is always aggravated damage and often causes tremendous damage.
                          Corpus plasma and laser weaponry due to their thermal components are not reduced to bashing damage as a result of a vampire’s innate unliving nature. Other methods such as armor still continue to reduce plasma and laser damage as normal.

Vampires in the Origin Systeml
                          Vampires seek to regain their power and influence over mankind. To this end, they have filed the newcomers into categories.

Grineer: Detestable. Their blood is able to be drunk like an ordinary human’s but “tastes” awful. They are also relatively poor choices for the Embrace, despite being the one group of humans who have lives short enough to consider serving an immortal creature of the night. They do however make potent ghouls, but few have any brains worth speaking of. There is approximately a 40% chance of failing to Embrace a Grineer due to massive biological degeneration. In such a case, Willpower dots are not spent.
                          Corpus: The most “human” power block in the Origin system is also the one least suited for conversion or servitude, though it isn’t hard to find desperate crewmen who want to escape their dead end employers. Though the Corpus often loath vampires, their universal lust for wealth makes them relatively easier to manipulate or bargain with.
                          Infested: Vampires consider them their worst nightmare. Nanospore infected blood has more than once eaten a vampire from the inside out and converted the creature of undeath into a biomechanical horror. Though the infestation is less effective against a Kindred than a normal human, it can still overwhelm and destroy a Kindred. As a result, vampires shy away from them.
                          Tenno: The Tenno are an enigma. Most vampires who lived through the Purge came before the Old War, leaving them just as confused to their mysteries. Those that came after are just as clueless as the rest of the Origin system. They destroy and kill things for inexplicable, unspoken reasons, mostly focusing on the large threats that plague the system, perhaps over some code of honor. Their bodies bleed, but this blood is tasteless and lack vitae. The vampires are obviously wary of them.

Last edited by Almarck; 01-26-2016, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• ManusDomine
                            • May 2015

I freely vouch for assisting with the glory of this project.

"There is a remedy for everything but death, a hope for everything but wickedness, and everything will lapse except righteousness."

Comment

• Almarck
                              • Jul 2015

Originally posted by ManusDomine View Post
                              I freely vouch for assisting with the glory of this project.

I approve. Uh, I'm actually not too sure of how I treat Mages.
                              My default idea was that like everyone else, the Orokin hunted them down and had the means to do so, but I don't know if that's actually feasible without making a scene or a plot hole (since mages are quite powerful and aren't threated by say modern humans). Then again, we could honestly say that the Orokin had technology that let them do that whereas other periods of human history would have lacked the means (by which I mean, extending Power Nullifiers to also include Spells, Gifts, and Disciplines ect)

Do you have recommendations?
                              Last edited by Almarck; 01-22-2016, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Working...