Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Dialling My Brain Back Down] TRUE FRIENDSHIP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Dialling My Brain Back Down] TRUE FRIENDSHIP!

I just got done with writing the last 2000+ words for the pre-redline draft of some freelance work.

Let's boogie (because damn it, my brain needs to switch gears).

Soulmate [Style, Supernatural; • - •••••]
    Prerequisites: True Friend, mortal only
    Effects: You have a deep, abiding link to your True Friend at the level of your very soul. It's hard to tell whether or not that connection is because of your friendship, or vice-versa. Honestly, though, it doesn't really matter.
    I Chose My Friends (•): Your friend is your friend - it doesn't matter if they've grown fangs or sold their soul to the devil. You and your True Friend are immune to any breaking points caused by observing each-other's supernatural powers or nature.
    You Are My Rock (••): Your friendship is a stable point in a harsh world; you may regain Willpower by interacting with your friend twice per story. In addition, both you and your True Friend may treat your friendship as an additional Virtue for all purposes other than Willpower recovery.
    You Are Something Wonderful (•••): Your friend is a bright, shining star in the darkness. Your bonus to Breaking Point rolls when protecting your True Friend is increased to your dots in Soulmate. In addition, you and your True Friend do not need to roll when assisting each-other's rolls. Instead, you each add one die to the other's pool.
    You Are My Sunshine (••••): Simply being around your friend brings out the best in you. You may add your dots in Soulmate to your roll instead of the normal bonus whenever you spend Willpower on an action where your True Friend advised or encouraged you to pursue. In addition, you and your True Friend may spend Willpower once per scene to add one Willpower to each-other's willpower pool.
    I Trust You (•••••): Never underestimate how powerful simple trust can be. Any attempt to convince you to betray or harm your True Friend, whether supernatural or mundane in nature, automatically fails. Additionally, both you and your True Friend may spend a Willpower point to have the other character appear in the same Scene as them - this cost increases to a Willpower dot if there is no easy way to explain them being present.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

I love this merit and everything about it. You did an excellent job. IMO the CofD need more of this to offer some awesome contrast.

My homebrew hub.

Comment

This is great.

Comment

Cool! Very good !

Comment

The only way this could be better is if there was a "Nakama" version for an entire party.

Is the True Friend thing supposed to be for an NPC or a PC?

Also, how does the "offscreen" teleport work? Is it some sort of plotting ability where you retroactively declare you called someone over?
          Last edited by Almarck; 01-22-2016, 03:35 AM.

Mechs: Because even the Chronicles of Darkness needs robot fights.
          DarkFrame: Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.
          Monarch: The Endless You are an alien ruler, charged with maintaining a people who you shape to suit your needs.

Comment

I didn't know you were a freelancer- congrats Amechra, you really deserve the recognition, your homebrew stuff is fantastic.

I find the concept behind the Merit really cool, and it would work more or less flawlessly in a Changeling game. I'd imagine a Changeling with a connected Fae-Touched would have this Merit. That being said, I do feel that this would better for a PC/NPC duo than two PCs most of the time.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

Originally posted by Arcanist View Post
              I didn't know you were a freelancer- congrats Amechra, you really deserve the recognition, your homebrew stuff is fantastic.

I find the concept behind the Merit really cool, and it would work more or less flawlessly in a Changeling game. I'd imagine a Changeling with a connected Fae-Touched would have this Merit. That being said, I do feel that this would better for a PC/NPC duo than two PCs most of the time.
              I did a little freelancing for a Pathfinder 3pp - I don't have an in with Onyx Path.

The "offscreen teleport" is pretty much a retroactive plotting thing - there's a merit in Demon that does something similar, so I went with it.

And for the party version... I'd need to check, but can't you technically take True Friend for a group of people? Just do that.

(It is more intended for a PC/NPC pair/group; it makes a couple parts flow more smoothly.)

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by amechra View Post

I did a little freelancing for a Pathfinder 3pp - I don't have an in with Onyx Path.

The "offscreen teleport" is pretty much a retroactive plotting thing - there's a merit in Demon that does something similar, so I went with it.

And for the party version... I'd need to check, but can't you technically take True Friend for a group of people? Just do that.

(It is more intended for a PC/NPC pair/group; it makes a couple parts flow more smoothly.)
                Oh, cool. I love D&D 3.5e and PF.

I also like this, there's not a whole lot of opportunities for light in the darkness.

Comment

I'll agree, this is pretty awesome. It could be a truly massive QoL thing for monsters who take risks by even showing themselves to people.

Comment

Originally posted by WarDragon View Post
                    I'll agree, this is pretty awesome. It could be a truly massive QoL thing for monsters who take risks by even showing themselves to people.
                    Well, it also adds some juxtaposition in the World of Darkness as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WarDragon View Post
                      Editorial Note: The original version of the third dot was called "You'll Have To Get Through Me First". Then I decided to make things less fight-y in general.

But yeah - part of the inspiration was that quote in the Supporting Cast post. The one about a Mage's Sleepwalker wife, in particular.

Comment

At last, I can have Cthulhu as my fremb.

Truly awesome work once again, Amechra. You're inspiring me to create heroic NPCs and start a thread for them.

One question: should the Soulmate acquire a major template and thus lose their Supernatural Merits, what could they transfer their Experiences to? I'd say Resolve or Composure, to represent them steeling their will for the new challenges and dangers they'll have to face.

"I hope you will have a long and happy life, if only so you can realize how stupid and wrong you are."

Comment

Cool idea. Great job. Its awesome.
                          Are there any more compliments? This is too amazing for just 3. Why hasn't white wolf hired you yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Belac93 View Post
                            Cool idea. Great job. Its awesome.
                            Are there any more compliments? This is too amazing for just 3. Why hasn't white wolf hired you yet?
                            Because I'm inconsistent, flighty, and bad at meeting deadlines? And I haven't applied for a freelancership (or whatever you call it?)

Comment

Originally posted by GottaGoFeast View Post
                              At last, I can have Cthulhu as my fremb.

Truly awesome work once again, Amechra. You're inspiring me to create heroic NPCs and start a thread for them.

One question: should the Soulmate acquire a major template and thus lose their Supernatural Merits, what could they transfer their Experiences to? I'd say Resolve or Composure, to represent them steeling their will for the new challenges and dangers they'll have to face.
                              I'd go with Touchstone (for Vampire), at the very least. I'm not sure what else I'd go with.

Comment

Working...
                              X