Genius: The Trangression 2th edition?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DArchon5 View Post
    Anyway, would any of you mind if i go back and started to put all these notes in a Drive. I know someone else has done it, but I've lost the link and I would prefer to compile a more complete list of everthing we've discussed.
    Sure. I'll probably get back to writing more in between projects this week. 2 software development classes and a database class does not an empty semester make.

Words of Wisdom from the Forums:
    "Don't be unlucky and get dead by a wolf-man."
    "Most of the current eras are too modern, we need 'Dark Eras: The electroweak epoch'."

Comment

• So, Lemuria. Since no more than a Collaborative of Unmada can work together for long periods of time, how do they manage it. 'Cause the way I'm currently imagining it, Fellowships, Foundations, and Baramins are less groups of Genii with the same goals and more like Alliances of Convenience. They may help each other, but more often than not they just pretend that they are the only Genius to have ever existed. Lemurians are more cutthroat about this. Each thinking that they are using Lemuria for their own goals when everyone else does so as well.

But if this is the case, how were they an actual threat?

I mean, I could imagine that early Lemurians merely helped each other more to set up the illusion of being a coherent whole, when they are nothing of the sort. And when the Peerage showed up most of them were in too deep to back out so they Quintupled Down and pretended that everything was going according to plan when it was actually just a series of events that they have little to no control over. I could even imagine that, due to their division, whenever a Lemurian Collaborative went down two more took their place, casting the illusion that they have great numbers, when really all that was happening was that those Collaboratives were fighting over the resources of their fallen cohorts. Heck, the 'collapse' of Lemuria might have actually just been the point were their little Masquerade in a Masquerade fell and the Peerage figured out that the 'conspiracy' they were fighting are actually just a mass of squabbling Genii with the maturity of spoiled children.

I just don't see how the Peerage couldn't have figured it out sooner without them holding the Idiot Ball due to the fact that mind reading and omnipotence tech is a thing. Not unless we make it so that Unmada cannot be mind read due to the interference of their reality warping and their maddness thus taking care of the former, and make omnipotence tech either incredibly hard to create or make it so that Peerage members can't make it for some reason. Or just make the whole, 'cloaked mind, even from omnipotence' thing either a Grant or a powerful Wonder made by an Unmada especially invested in the whole 'Lemuria' thing. With the threat of them seeming too much like VII, which isn't really a threat at all.

Really, my muse must have died, cause I cannot think of any idea to make it fit.

Edit: Should we make more Inferences available at Character Creation. I mean, I get that this system is based of of Werewolf, but we should probably make sure Geniuses at their beginning have more 'spells' to compensate for their relative squishiness and lack of ability to naturally transform into death machines. I don't know, like give them 6 Axiom dots (capped at 3) like mages. This way they probably start with about 7 Inferences. More if we allow them to allocate 'free' Inferences.

Edit 2: Oh, and I'm currently compiling a dot-by-dot list of what each Axiom could do to help scale Inferences. Any suggestions?.
      Last edited by DArchon5; 04-22-2017, 05:06 AM. Reason: Seems like my muse is most effective at sarcasm.

Comment

• Out of curiosity: are you planning to tone down the power level of this version of Genius? In the original version, an advanced character could build a Death Star given the resources.

Comment

• Probably not, but were sure as hell making building the Death Star more difficult using Inferences. Besides its not that bad, its actually worse. Starting Characters can build a CPU sized Universal Translator with a range of: Planet Earth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raistlin View Post
            Out of curiosity: are you planning to tone down the power level of this version of Genius? In the original version, an advanced character could build a Death Star given the resources.
            Yes...and no. We're making Genii a little more focused in what each one can build by constraining them to Fields and Postulate/Inferences (I was using the term Postulate, but other people here are saying Inferences, and both terms work.).

In 1E, a Death Star just requires Katastrofi, Skafoi, Prostasia and maybe Automata, and then the Resources and time to match.

In 2E, a Death Star requires you to have Fields that relate to space travel, lasers, and life support, and then you still need the Axiomata in order to use the Inferences, and then you need to find the material Components (Hypermatter cores ain't cheap, mate).

So making big, complex Wonders is harder overall, but if you want to really hone in on one specific thing, then you can get some enormous results. And if you want to be a dabbler in a lot of fields, you can do that. But being a god-like omnidisciplinary Genius is very difficult, and requires and extreme amount of time and energy.

"Most of the current eras are too modern, we need 'Dark Eras: The electroweak epoch'."

Comment

• Well, not Omnidisciplinary as in having a bunch of un related Wonders, but applying skill in unusual ways (ie. Using skills for things they never tried before) is fair game.

Comment

• Well, not Omnidisciplinary as in having a bunch of un related Wonders, but applying skill in unusual ways (ie. Using skills for things they never tried before) is fair game.

Comment

• Hey, should Automata only get robots and AI and such, or should it also get creation stuff, like Hard-Light Constructs.

Comment

Hey, should Automata only get robots and AI and such, or should it also get creation stuff, like Hard-Light Constructs.
                    Anything independent, I'd say. Automata should be for creating/modelling creatures as Wonders - AI, robots, bio-engineered monstrosities, zombies, sentient energy patterns, etc.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• So, Green Lantern Rings arent Automata. Then what are they? Metatropi? Katastrofi?

Comment

So, Green Lantern Rings arent Automata. Then what are they? Metatropi? Katastrofi?
                        Epikrato and Katastrofi, mostly. They mostly blast and make hard-light constructs.

Sometimes they act on their own, including finding a new wearer, so there might be Automata in there.

Comment

• Got it. Factories are still Automata though.

Comment

• So is what you're doing there sorted and compiled in any sort of document anywhere for people to see? Did it yield any results so far? Or is it just 40 pages of intense brainstorming?

Comment

• Currently, its the latter. Some of the more recent ideas have been recorded in Drives but we're still in the brainstorming phase. If we get any farther than that the we might get a new thread and make the folder more accessable.

Comment

Currently, its the latter. Some of the more recent ideas have been recorded in Drives but we're still in the brainstorming phase. If we get any farther than that the we might get a new thread and make the folder more accessable.
                                Establishing Consensus is Hard.

I think we all agree upon a few points by now, however.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                                Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Working...
                                X