No announcement yet.

Genius: The Trangression 2th edition?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do wonder why these realms needed mania/impetus to survive, simply being known as impossible isn't really detrimental to astral locations. If it were fully forgotten ideas though that could make sense.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

• As I see it, it's not so much survival that's the issue; it's the kinda-sorta material state of being. And that doesn't necessarily start when they're revealed to be “impossible”. Rather, it's what happens when a Genius discovers a Bardo: his Mania/Impetus makes it “real”.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
        As I see it, it's not so much survival that's the issue; it's the kinda-sorta material state of being. And that doesn't necessarily start when they're revealed to be “impossible”. Rather, it's what happens when a Genius discovers a Bardo: his Mania/Impetus makes it “real”.
        Not just one, but otherwise, yeah. The idea is that the threat of non-relevance prompts extreme action, which ends up resulting in the oddity that is a Bardo.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Hey I got an idea for anti-Havoking Wonders I would like to share. Its based loosely the old variable "In pill form". Here it is: Anti-Havok Shielding: The Practice of “Sheathing”

Sheathing Wonders within a mundane control interface provides complete protection from casual handling and operation by mortal hands. It does not however, protect against analysis and prodding by regular scientists and knowledgeable souls. Sheathing requires that a Wonder have an integral wonder of Apokalypsi that interfaces with a mundane control system so that a mortal can reliably operate it with it exploding in his face.

Mania is a lie, but Mania with a front can weather the storms of failure.

Comment

• So, basically like the old Prostasia anti-interaction forcefields?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
              So, basically like the old Prostasia anti-interaction forcefields?
              Yes, but it is a passive variable and allows you make Wonders that are marketable and won't blow up in your customer's face. I invented the thing for a story project I am currently writing. Automata isn't just about Intelligent wonders and personal armies, it is also about Industry. Think Tony Stark and his company as an example of mad science and industrial commerce working hand in hand, Vent0.
              Last edited by Extant Reality; 09-12-2018, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Mania-reactors for unlimited free(-ish) energy FTW.

The electricity isn't vulnerable to Havoc.

Comment

• Purely because I got randomly reminded of it today, if the themes of the horror of fatalistic nihilism (and cosmic horror) continue on into Genius 2nd, I would at least like to note Mummy and how it handles that subject.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                  The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                  Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
                  Out of Nation from 5/22 to 5/29

Comment

• Themes and Moods have been discussed recently on the Discord server. I don't think Fatalistic Nihilism came up, though. From what I recall, themes were Unintended Consequences, and maybe Mania and Melancholy (or some reformation, though the latter could be a Mood).

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
                      Themes and Moods have been discussed recently on the Discord server. I don't think Fatalistic Nihilism came up, though. From what I recall, themes were Unintended Consequences, and maybe Mania and Melancholy (or some reformation, though the latter could be a Mood).
                      Oh geez, the discord server. I should probably pop into there at some point. Been a while.

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

• Fatalistic Nihilism as a Theme? Nah. It would interfere with the sense of Wonder that I get from the possibilities in this fansplat. Maybe something more along the lines of Humility vs. Insane Repetition would server as a better sub-Theme.

Comment

• One potential theme might be "Was it worth it?", if that could be encapsulated in a word or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Extant Reality View Post
                            Fatalistic Nihilism as a Theme? Nah. It would interfere with the sense of Wonder that I get from the possibilities in this fansplat. Maybe something more along the lines of Humility vs. Insane Repetition would server as a better sub-Theme.
                            It was a thing in First Edition-glad to hear it's not playing out in Second since it did seem like it was distracting from several of the stronger themes.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                            Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
                            Out of Nation from 5/22 to 5/29

Comment

• is there a new catalyst for 2nd edition? I heard about it somewhere

Comment

• Is the work on this project still happening? I was kind of looking forward to how it turned out.

Comment

Working...
                                X