No announcement yet.

Simplified Ephemeral Being Rules [You'll probably hate this!]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So while we are waiting for Amechra in all their magnificence to finish this, i've written some things:

Shadow Wraith

Fear is omnipresent in the world: the creepong anxieties of modern humanity, the raw panic of knowing there's something in the shadows, the visceral terror of violence and pain. It's now surprise that fear spirits are common across the Shadow.

Essence Capacity: Low
    Influences: Fear (Medium)
    Numinous Conditions: Ghostly Terror (Whenever the Shadow Wraith causes a human being to take the Shaken, Spooked or Frightened Condition, it may increase it's Essence Capacity by one, to a maximum of it's natural Essence Capacity.)
    Aspirations: Cause fear, create paranoia
    Ban: A Shadow Wraith cannot enter a circle of illumination cast by a fire or light that a scared human has lit.
    Bane: Fire.

Bladeling

Since the dawn of time, humans have sought new ways to kill each other, from the club, to the sword, to the gun, history is really just a long parade of successful murderers. The blade is a favored weapon by many, and this Spirit represents human desire to cut each other open with their blades of steel and other metals.

Essence Capacity: Low
    Influences: Blades (Low), Violence (Low)
    Numinous Conditions: Violent Slasher (Whenever the Bladeling causes harm to befall a human being due to a blade, it gains a point of Willpower.)
    Aspirations: Use blades to hurt
    Ban: A Bladeling cannot harm someone who has never taken part in violence before.
    Bane: Pacifists

Darkframe - Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.

"The weeping in the world will not decrease if we do not weep together."

Comment

amechra, do you still plan on finishing this system? If you are having trouble, I can try to help.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

I too, would love to see this finished.

Darkframe - Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.

"The weeping in the world will not decrease if we do not weep together."

Comment

I like what you have so far. I'm more inclined to streamlined rules-light gameplay (from my days as a cWoD larper), so making your spirits more narratively ambient with less mechanics is appealing to me.

Comment

Working...
          X