Open Invite - Age of Azar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Demigod Beast View Post
    You know, some of the gods could be impersonated by various supernatural creatures. A werecrocodile Nahual pretending to be either Sobek, or an avatar of Sobek, and so on. Maybe some mages symbolically ‘donning’ a god’s identity for magical purposes? And so on and so forth.
    I think there may well be a mention of this in DE2, with the Begotten claiming to be the gods or their hosts.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• Originally posted by FallenEco View Post

I think there may well be a mention of this in DE2, with the Begotten claiming to be the gods or their hosts.
      A Typhonic beast Inguma, claiming to be Set! Set was the god of outsiders, after all, how more ‘fear of the other’ could you get than that?

Comment

• Added some of the crossover material from Princes of the Conquered Land (Dark Eras Companion) to the following doc on the hub.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I've also added some bits for Mage characters who dabble in Sekhem sorcery (via the Ritual Sorcerer Merit). If any of you guys have any additions, feel free to suggest them.

"My Homebrew Hub"
        Age of Azar
        The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

• Cross-posted this in my Thothite Homebrew since I think that bloodline is due for a redo. I might end up taking some inspiration from the Sefen-Haqr bloodline in the Requiem Homebrew Hub.

-=-

Bloodline Gift: Se-Akh
          Referring to a Kemetic ritual that unified the Ba and Ka to reanimate a person’s Akh, the term is instead used by the Akhtet to the higher awareness gained upon realizing their heritage. The gift of Se-Akh confers three benefits to the Thothites.

The first grants them an Unseen Sense to those empowered by Sekhem. With training, they can intuitively recognize Arisen or the Lifeless upon perceiving them directly in person, and can also detect the presence of Iremite relics. Furthermore, whenever the Thothite uses Auspex on a relic or one of the Deathless or Lifeless, he gains a number of free insights equal to half his Blood Potency (rounded up).

The second is access to magic barred to undead and Undying alike. A Thothite can purchase the Ritual Sorcerer and Sorcerous Knowledge Merits, and can perform both Closed Rites and most Open Rites. This is attributed to the occult knowledge imbued into them by Thoth, though those who study it must still meet its requirements.

The third benefit builds upon the second, for it allows the Thothites to focus Sekhem in ways only the Arisen can normally do - the magic of the Utterances. A Thothite can purchase Utterance Tiers as if they were Devotions, and has an effective Sekhem rating equal to half their Blood Potency, rounded up, for the purpose of both determining his maximum Utterance level and the number of participants that can be involved in a Unison tier's casting.

"My Homebrew Hub"
          Age of Azar
          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

• Tentative revision to FallenEco's Hand of Thoth writeup.

-=-

The Hand of Thoth (3-dot Text Relic)
            - A repository of knowledge and secrets, this Relic takes the form of a scroll fashioned from silver leaf and typically kept in a container displaying the Wedjat. The scroll itself is blank, but quickly becomes inscribed with luminescent script once used.

Cost: 3 Willpower
            Effect: The Hand may act as a sufficient source of research on it's own to study even the most obscure of beings, as the knowledge is drawn from the Scroll of Ages. The text also translates itself automatically to the reader, and it can appear in cuneiform to a Sumerian reader while still showing hieroglyphics to an Egyptian.

Reading from the scroll grants the 9-again quality to any rolls that may identify and/or expose the group or individuals studied for a number of days equal to the reader's Resolve.

Curse: The subjects who have been studied are made aware that an enemy has learned something of them through magic, and also gain the 9-again quality on rolls to track and to identify this enemy. Furthermore, the reader suffers from the Obsession Condition related to those he studied with the Relic for the duration of its effect.

"My Homebrew Hub"
            Age of Azar
            The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

• Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post

Bloodline Gift: Se-Akh
              --snip--
              The second is access to magic barred to undead and Undying alike. A Thothite can purchase the Ritual Sorcerer and Sorcerous Knowledge Merits, and can perform both Closed Rites and most Open Rites. This is attributed to the occult knowledge imbued into them by Thoth, though those who study it must still meet its requirements.
              (Sekhem) Ritual Sorcery is explicitly off limits to Vampires, Sin-Eaters, Arisen and others with an imbalance of Life and Death. This is a sticking point for me. Perhaps give them a bonus supernatural merit instead.

Comment

(Sekhem) Ritual Sorcery is explicitly off limits to Vampires, Sin-Eaters, Arisen and others with an imbalance of Life and Death. This is a sticking point for me. Perhaps give them a bonus supernatural merit instead.
                Any suggestions for it? I'm open to any Merits that would be apt.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                Age of Azar
                The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Any suggestions for it? I'm open to any Merits that would be apt.
                  Not a Merit, but I think the Stolen Pillars Numina might be appropriate.

EDIT: What with the vampirism inherent in stealing spiritual energy from other beings. And it would solve the problem of where they would get Pillar Points from to empower various Mummy tricks (like Relics and Utterances).

EDIT 2: I just reread and it doesn't grant any actual Pillar Points (oddly). Still, it seems fitting.
                  Last edited by Vent0; 04-14-2018, 12:59 PM.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                  Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Allow them to steal Pillar ala the Shuankhsen? Their Bloodline Gift could be the ability to steal Pillars (and expend them every night along with Vitae?) And use Sekhem Sorcery.

My Homebrew
                    Star Wars d10
                    The Fallen for Demon: the Descent
                    Requiem for a Masquerade: VtR 2e Cainite Conversion (Vampira Roma)

Comment

• Silly question; are we going to revisit how Hunter Endowments for Era Conspiracies work with an eye toward the proposed method for 2E?
                      I liked the new approach and felt it made Endowments more distinct from regular merits.

Edit: On the subject of Hunters, the homebrew groups should be linked on the first page. I have a small list of the ones mentioned in the google doc and noticed some others that might be applicable.

Listed in doc (Not including Ascending Ones) New additions? I must admit it seems that the Serpent Blooded arose during this time, but we could tweak it so that the first were created by Apep to serve as 'mini-Heralds' before the group was reorganized (with help) into the binding force that now keeps it trapped.
                      Last edited by FallenEco; 04-14-2018, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Silly question; are we going to revisit how Hunter Endowments for Era Conspiracies work with an eye toward the proposed method for 2E?
                        I liked the new approach and felt it made Endowments more distinct from regular merits.

I must admit it seems that the Serpent Blooded arose during this time, but we could tweak it so that the first were created by Apep to serve as 'mini-Heralds' before the group was reorganized (with help) into the binding force that now keeps it trapped.
                        I'm thinking we ought to wait until the official 2E rules come out before revising the Endowment system. But if anyone wants to take a stab at it now, feel free to do so.

As for the Hrt Isfet, their predecessors were probably either split between full Heralds and (more commonly) Claimed. If we go with making the full First Turn (not just the Cannibal Hymn) as the setting, then we can work out the Serpent-Blooded during the first days of their existence.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                        Age of Azar
                        The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

• Does anyone happen to know of any material regarding the city of Khmun (Hermopolis) during the 5th Dynasty Era (aka the First Sothic Turn)? I might end up writing about it in a separate doc seeing as is Thoth's foremost city and the Thothite bloodline has been my latest focus.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                          Age of Azar
                          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

• Can someone provide some commentary and critique on this conversion of the Aspect? It's very tricky for me to work out, but it's kinda relevant due to how other shapechangers are prominent in Kemet compared to werewolves.

-=-

Beast Magic (• to •••••)
                            Select werebeasts pursue the arts of magic, employing arcane secrets and ominous tools to mimic the spells of human wizards. This is not without its dangers, though, and most ferals shun these strange arts because of how they limit their own primal potential. Nevertheless, those who do pursue it — cats, baboons, goats, foxes, cranes, spiders, frogs, ravens, even bison — are strongly attuned to the power granted, and consider the cost a fair trade. In human form, these creatures are often drawn to occult practices. And after the First Change, these practices come to fruition through the odd talent of Beast Magic.

In game terms, this Aspect allows a werebeast to purchase and use mage spells from a specific Arcanum, and it can be purchased multiple times to expand their magical repertoire. Furthermore, they make use of the following rules.

* A feral must spend a Willpower point to perform Creative Thaumaturgy with Beast Magic.

* When performing a spell with Beast Magic, the character uses a dice pool of Primal Urge + Beast Magic.

* A given spell always costs Essence equal to its dot rating (with a minimum of 1 point).

* A feral can purchase rotes as Merits with a dot rating equal to their level.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                            Age of Azar
                            The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Can someone provide some commentary and critique on this conversion of the Aspect? It's very tricky for me to work out, but it's kinda relevant due to how other shapechangers are prominent in Kemet compared to werewolves.

-=-

Beast Magic (• to •••••)
                              Select werebeasts pursue the arts of magic, employing arcane secrets and ominous tools to mimic the spells of human wizards. This is not without its dangers, though, and most ferals shun these strange arts because of how they limit their own primal potential. Nevertheless, those who do pursue it — cats, baboons, goats, foxes, cranes, spiders, frogs, ravens, even bison — are strongly attuned to the power granted, and consider the cost a fair trade. In human form, these creatures are often drawn to occult practices. And after the First Change, these practices come to fruition through the odd talent of Beast Magic.

In game terms, this Aspect allows a werebeast to purchase and use mage spells from a specific Arcanum, and it can be purchased multiple times to expand their magical repertoire. Furthermore, they make use of the following rules.

* A feral must spend a Willpower point to perform Creative Thaumaturgy with Beast Magic.

* When performing a spell with Beast Magic, the character uses a dice pool of Primal Urge + Beast Magic.

* A given spell always costs Essence equal to its dot rating (with a minimum of 1 point).

I’m not sure giving them Arcana wholesale is a good idea... Maybe something like Proximi, where they buy spells separately?

Wait, how did Pangaeans use Arcana again? Maybe there’s something to mine from them?

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Beast Magic (• to •••••)

What does the dot levels of the Merit do? Is it that you're supposed to buy this Merit for each Rote, or is it that dot rating of this Merit caps how advanced Rotes the werebeast can buy? (If the latter, what is the cost of Rotes? One XP per Rote like mages, or one XP per dot of the Rote like Proximi Blessings?) And when you say Rotes, do you mean something similar to Blessings rather than the ability to use a Mudra and/or apply Rote Action to casting the spell?

Also, how many Reaches to they get, and how do they deal with Paradox?

Bloodline: The Stygians
                                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Working...
                                X