Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atamajakki
    replied
    I /may/ have to scrap together someting about the original shape of the Faithful of Shulpae.

Leave a comment:

• Tambov
    replied
    Originally posted by LostLight View Post
    it wasn't me- I was the one to suggest the werejackals who shepherd the dead as his progeny. So I assume it was Arcanist?
    Funny this - Canis lupaster is not a large jackal, but a small wolf. So, IMHO, Bone Shadows got you covered.

Leave a comment:

• Arcanist
    replied
    By all means, if you don't want to wait for a Anpu priesthood Merit, write one up. This isn't just our project anymore, but an open community project.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by LostLight View Post
    it wasn't me- I was the one to suggest the werejackals who shepherd the dead as his progeny. So I assume it was Arcanist?
    Yeah. Probably was.

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Tambov View Post
    I read the Mystery Cults, found a lack of Anapa

Can't think of anything to give him Nebthet doesn't get, either.
    If you do get some ideas, feel free to post them here
    Regarding Anpu, I think Arcanist or LostLight mentioned tying in a Sin-Eater conspiracy to him. Of course, there also also is the Anubi Bloodline of Gangrel (or Habiru, in this setting, if they already exist) to consider.

Leave a comment:

• Tambov
    replied
    I read the Mystery Cults, found a lack of Anapa

Can't think of anything to give him Nebthet doesn't get, either.

Leave a comment:

• Arcanist
    replied
    Basically the events of the First Turn (So a 70-100 year or so period) and maybe a century or two after. After the Sothic Turn is officially done, and Mummies are dying and rising as per what will become the norm, then the Aridification Event pops up. I would say that it's tied to the vast battle between the Arisen and the Lifeless that caused it, with the release of Apep making things a whole lot worse, but that battle was near the end or after the end of Unas' reign and not towards the end of the Sixth Dynasty when the Event would have actually occurred.

That being said, the Turns can be more or less the entire 1,461 year period between the start of a Mass Arising event, so it's a lot of ground.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    Looks cool! Haven't read everything yet, but I liked Apep in he Idigam thread. I need to finish writing up The Oil First and take care of RL business, but after that I'll see if I can carve myself out a niche. Question though, what time range are you looking at? Just Unas' reign? The first 100 years of the Turn? First 200? The Sothic Turn starts in 2371 BCE, then the 4.2 k Aridifaction Event occurs at about 2200 BCE. That's a pretty big climatic shift, centred in the Saharah and the Near East (although China and Iberia get hit too). May be something neat to tie into the Dark Era.
    As far as I can tell, it's the entire First Sothic Turn.
    :3
    So you can imagine how big a creative space we have here, seeing as that's รก whole lot of time. Though, so far, the written material we have

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Looks cool! Haven't read everything yet, but I liked Apep in he Idigam thread. I need to finish writing up The Oil First and take care of RL business, but after that I'll see if I can carve myself out a niche. Question though, what time range are you looking at? Just Unas' reign? The first 100 years of the Turn? First 200? The Sothic Turn starts in 2371 BCE, then the 4.2 k Aridifaction Event occurs at about 2200 BCE. That's a pretty big climatic shift, centred in the Saharah and the Near East (although China and Iberia get hit too). May be something neat to tie into the Dark Era.

Edit: Also if anyone was wondering, these are the approximate dates of the Pharaohs in Dynasty V in the First Sothic Turn:
    - 2375 to 2345: Unas
    - 2345 to 2333: Teti
    - 2333 to 2331: Userkare
    - 2331 to 2287: Pepi I
    - 2287 to 2278: Merenre I
    - 2278 to 2184: Pepi II
    - 2184: Merenre
    - 2184 to 2181: Netjerkara Siptah
    Last edited by Second Chances; 02-11-2016, 09:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
    So just for clarification, this takes place during the first Sothic Turn? What time period is that, and for those of us who don't have that book could we get a lil detail on it?

I'm reading through the Requiem for Azar and I really dig that. Hats off to you guys for making it interesting.
    As Arcanist said, Fifth Dynasty of the Old Kingdom, under the reign of King Unas.
    We'll put up a summary of the content from Sothis Ascends soon, once we've worked out our 2E Conversion for Mummy.
    Glad to know you like what we've done, so far.

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    Originally posted by Phersus View Post
    I will be following this with interest. So far i've only read the Apep work, and i really liked it. I think you have made her (it?) justice. Loving the feel of the big, lazy yet raging Idigam. I feel however, that one aditional detail will be in order: talk about Seth a little. Among all the rest of stuff Seth was supposed to do, he was the one to fight Apep and pin her (it?) down to the abyss with silver knives, so the titan-snake would not swallow the Sun. As the only one (apart from Urfarah) to fight him, i think is a nice adition.

Or... wait. The typhonic beast was something almost canine. Much slender than a wolf, for sure, but not far from a coyote, or a chacal. Maybe Father Wolf would eventually be assimilated into this form? The silver mention to his knives could be a reference to the Moon ties to the Wolf, maybe.
    well, that's part of the fun thing about myths- that they are open to interpretations :P

Some words about Apep- during writing his background, I deliberately distanced it from the "Iremite mythology" in order to explain why it doesn't show up in Mummy. As part of it, no other Egyptian god shows up in the writeup (sure, you have its hate toward Helios as a mirror for how it tries to devour Re, but the two beings are not the same.. as far as we know). The fact it's bound by the Nine Daughters is also meant to explain why its name was not mentioned in the Old Kingdom (although there were images of it), which also creates the plot hook we hope to develop (that is, its awakening). The whole myth of Apep fighting the many deities of Kemet could be a mirror of that "future", epic fight- although I must say I do like the interpretation of Father Wolf as Set. Of course, deciding which part of the myth represent which part of Apep's true history twisted through mortal eyes is something each individual ST is supposed to do, in the way it serves his game the best.

Anyway, I'm happy to see so many people like what we wrote!

Leave a comment:

• Arcanist
    replied
    Thanks for the support guys- it's been interesting developing this extremely broad setting, but we couldn't have done it without the awesomeness that is Sothis Ascends. Building on a rock solid foundation and such.

I've got some killer mechanics for Lifewebs and Sybaris waiting in the wings.

First Turn is Fith Dynasty Egypt during the reign of Pharaoh Unas, known for having the Cannibal Hymn written. When we update Mummy we'll give a brief summary of the fabulous Sothis Ascends content for context.
    Last edited by Arcanist; 02-11-2016, 03:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Leetsepeak
    replied
    So just for clarification, this takes place during the first Sothic Turn? What time period is that, and for those of us who don't have that book could we get a lil detail on it?

I'm reading through the Requiem for Azar and I really dig that. Hats off to you guys for making it interesting.

Leave a comment:

• atamajakki
    replied
    Very, very exciting stuff. I can't wait to see more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X