Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Invite - Age of Azar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
    I’m not sure giving them Arcana wholesale is a good idea... Maybe something like Proximi, where they buy spells separately?

    Wait, how did Pangaeans use Arcana again? Maybe there’s something to mine from them?
    Well, I'm either thinking that they'd need to spend a Willpower point to do Creative Thaumaturgy of any kind, while learning a rote removes that.

    On the other hand, maybe removing Creative Thaumaturgy altogether could balance things out. As for the Merit, it's for each Rote, and I might end up going with the Proximi XP costs and mechanics.


    "My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post

      Well, I'm either thinking that they'd need to spend a Willpower point to do Creative Thaumaturgy of any kind, while learning a rote removes that.

      On the other hand, maybe removing Creative Thaumaturgy altogether could balance things out. As for the Merit, it's for each Rote, and I might end up going with the Proximi XP costs and mechanics.
      Not seeing why [Redacted from memory] should get Mage magic when they should be more similar to Werewolves. Any reason Wolf/Pack Rite access or Influences (as per Spirits or Horrors, depending on if Essence or Willpower is the fuel stat) wouldn't work? Influences are kinda like Arcana, but both more common/Blue Book/accessible and more category-limited.


      Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

        Not seeing why [Redacted from memory] should get Mage magic when they should be more similar to Werewolves. Any reason Wolf/Pack Rite access or Influences (as per Spirits or Horrors, depending on if Essence or Willpower is the fuel stat) wouldn't work? Influences are kinda like Arcana, but both more common/Blue Book/accessible and more category-limited.
        So something more akin to Lodge Sorcery? Pack Rites and Rites exclusive to a specific type of shapechanger could work as well, and there is an Aspect that allows for the purchase of Numina.


        "My Homebrew Hub"
        Age of Azar
        The Kingdom of Yamatai

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post

          So something more akin to Lodge Sorcery? Pack Rites and Rites exclusive to a specific type of shapechanger could work as well, and there is an Aspect that allows for the purchase of Numina.
          Yeah. It works better with the comparison to Werewolves, since both leverage the Spirit world/Shadow. It would make sense, that for "animal magic", leveraging the powers of animal Spirits would make the most sense. Special Rites also allow for both greater variety of powers, as well as restricting them to thematic things.


          Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
          Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

          Comment


          • I know that this project was sidelined in part in order to wait for the book to drop (and more Chronicle editions released) but there was a DE2 Update released a while back that has some relevence.


            Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

            Comment


            • Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
              I know that this project was sidelined in part in order to wait for the book to drop (and more Chronicle editions released) but there was a DE2 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2/posts/2301240"]Update released a while back that has some relevence.[/URL]
              OwO
              This is making me want to revisit and add to the content again. While this draft is chronologically set during the Middle Kingdom, I can see elements of this being referenced and integrated into the Age of Azar setting.

              That said, compared to the Mage and Vampire content, the Werewolf (and Shapechanger) section is a bit underdeveloped, so any suggestions based on this tidbit are welcome.


              "My Homebrew Hub"
              Age of Azar
              The Kingdom of Yamatai

              Comment


              • Two of the Garm Lodge secrets reference the ancient Egyptian origins of the cult. The Sand spirits with sacrifices and the secret First Tongue hieroglyphs sound like we might want to use them in this setting.


                Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

                Comment

                Working...
                X