X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vent0
    replied
    Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post

Any suggestions for it? I'm open to any Merits that would be apt.
    Not a Merit, but I think the Stolen Pillars Numina might be appropriate.

EDIT: What with the vampirism inherent in stealing spiritual energy from other beings. And it would solve the problem of where they would get Pillar Points from to empower various Mummy tricks (like Relics and Utterances).

EDIT 2: I just reread and it doesn't grant any actual Pillar Points (oddly). Still, it seems fitting.
    Last edited by Vent0; 04-14-2018, 12:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by FallenEco View Post

(Sekhem) Ritual Sorcery is explicitly off limits to Vampires, Sin-Eaters, Arisen and others with an imbalance of Life and Death. This is a sticking point for me. Perhaps give them a bonus supernatural merit instead.
    Any suggestions for it? I'm open to any Merits that would be apt.

Leave a comment:

• FallenEco
    replied

Bloodline Gift: Se-Akh
    --snip--
    The second is access to magic barred to undead and Undying alike. A Thothite can purchase the Ritual Sorcerer and Sorcerous Knowledge Merits, and can perform both Closed Rites and most Open Rites. This is attributed to the occult knowledge imbued into them by Thoth, though those who study it must still meet its requirements.
    (Sekhem) Ritual Sorcery is explicitly off limits to Vampires, Sin-Eaters, Arisen and others with an imbalance of Life and Death. This is a sticking point for me. Perhaps give them a bonus supernatural merit instead.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Tentative revision to FallenEco's Hand of Thoth writeup.

-=-

The Hand of Thoth (3-dot Text Relic)
    - A repository of knowledge and secrets, this Relic takes the form of a scroll fashioned from silver leaf and typically kept in a container displaying the Wedjat. The scroll itself is blank, but quickly becomes inscribed with luminescent script once used.

Cost: 3 Willpower
    Effect: The Hand may act as a sufficient source of research on it's own to study even the most obscure of beings, as the knowledge is drawn from the Scroll of Ages. The text also translates itself automatically to the reader, and it can appear in cuneiform to a Sumerian reader while still showing hieroglyphics to an Egyptian.

Reading from the scroll grants the 9-again quality to any rolls that may identify and/or expose the group or individuals studied for a number of days equal to the reader's Resolve.

Curse: The subjects who have been studied are made aware that an enemy has learned something of them through magic, and also gain the 9-again quality on rolls to track and to identify this enemy. Furthermore, the reader suffers from the Obsession Condition related to those he studied with the Relic for the duration of its effect.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Cross-posted this in my Thothite Homebrew since I think that bloodline is due for a redo. I might end up taking some inspiration from the Sefen-Haqr bloodline in the Requiem Homebrew Hub.

-=-

Bloodline Gift: Se-Akh
    Referring to a Kemetic ritual that unified the Ba and Ka to reanimate a person’s Akh, the term is instead used by the Akhtet to the higher awareness gained upon realizing their heritage. The gift of Se-Akh confers three benefits to the Thothites.

The first grants them an Unseen Sense to those empowered by Sekhem. With training, they can intuitively recognize Arisen or the Lifeless upon perceiving them directly in person, and can also detect the presence of Iremite relics. Furthermore, whenever the Thothite uses Auspex on a relic or one of the Deathless or Lifeless, he gains a number of free insights equal to half his Blood Potency (rounded up).

The second is access to magic barred to undead and Undying alike. A Thothite can purchase the Ritual Sorcerer and Sorcerous Knowledge Merits, and can perform both Closed Rites and most Open Rites. This is attributed to the occult knowledge imbued into them by Thoth, though those who study it must still meet its requirements.

The third benefit builds upon the second, for it allows the Thothites to focus Sekhem in ways only the Arisen can normally do - the magic of the Utterances. A Thothite can purchase Utterance Tiers as if they were Devotions, and has an effective Sekhem rating equal to half their Blood Potency, rounded up, for the purpose of both determining his maximum Utterance level and the number of participants that can be involved in a Unison tier's casting.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Added some of the crossover material from Princes of the Conquered Land (Dark Eras Companion) to the following doc on the hub.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I've also added some bits for Mage characters who dabble in Sekhem sorcery (via the Ritual Sorcerer Merit). If any of you guys have any additions, feel free to suggest them.

Leave a comment:

• Demigod Beast
    replied
    Originally posted by FallenEco View Post

I think there may well be a mention of this in DE2, with the Begotten claiming to be the gods or their hosts.
    A Typhonic beast Inguma, claiming to be Set! Set was the god of outsiders, after all, how more ‘fear of the other’ could you get than that?

Leave a comment:

• FallenEco
    replied
    Originally posted by Demigod Beast View Post
    You know, some of the gods could be impersonated by various supernatural creatures. A werecrocodile Nahual pretending to be either Sobek, or an avatar of Sobek, and so on. Maybe some mages symbolically ‘donning’ a god’s identity for magical purposes? And so on and so forth.
    I think there may well be a mention of this in DE2, with the Begotten claiming to be the gods or their hosts.

Leave a comment:

• Demigod Beast
    replied
    You know, some of the gods could be impersonated by various supernatural creatures. A werecrocodile Nahual pretending to be either Sobek, or an avatar of Sobek, and so on. Maybe some mages symbolically ‘donning’ a god’s identity for magical purposes? And so on and so forth.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Dreaminggod View Post
    For demons, you could write it as demons fleeing there from far away specifically because so little GM influence is there. Also demons fight enroaching God-Machine Infrastructure into Egypt?
    Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
    You could also focus on what Infrastructure the God-Machine does have in the area, and how Demon's react to it. Especially since civilizations are just developing in much of the world.
    Both are good points to work with. And it would also be easy to write out the Unchained in the context of them being outsiders and foreigners. The Cult of Sutek might even be considered a potential ally, seeing as GMC Angels would be very likely foes in their Vigil.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Demigod Beast View Post
    Plus, what were the Deceived doing, during the First Sothic Turn? Did the shu tutor them, too?
    I imagine they did. Plus, the Utterances are name-based magic, so I can imagine the the Deceived (or rather their temakh) might have fervently hunted for them even at the start of the First Turn.

Leave a comment:

• Demigod Beast
    replied
    Maybe the Purified were a quasi-successful attempt to recreate the Spell of Rebirth?

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Originally posted by Dreaminggod View Post
    For demons, you could write it as demons fleeing there from far away specifically because so little GM influence is there. Also demons fight enroaching God-Machine Infrastructure into Egypt?
    You could also focus on what Infrastructure the God-Machine does have in the area, and how Demon's react to it. Especially since civilizations are just developing in much of the world.
    Last edited by Vent0; 04-10-2018, 02:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dreaminggod
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    * The Unchained and God-Machine are a very weak presence alright. And that's what makes it so tricky for me to write them into the setting. The best I can probably do are a few footnotes here and there.
    When the Machine doesn't have a strong presence, it just works more indirect and covertly. Manipulate this cultist here. Move this around for low-level Infrastructure development there. Any Angels are likely to be low-key. Demons would be sparse, but more likely to be worked with. When they aren't forming their own cults for support. Or even when they are.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X