[Silly Fun Time] I AM THE MASTAH!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amechra
    started a topic [Silly Fun Time] I AM THE MASTAH!

[Silly Fun Time] I AM THE MASTAH!

The Cheaters
    When people mention the laws of physics...
    They're really just talking about
    suggestions.

Rarely, someone possesses such transcendental skill at something that it ceases to be restricted by the laws of physics. They can quickdraw on the International Space Station, punch through bank vaults, or bake cookies so delicious that they bring the dead to life.

Mages think they touch the Supernal - Changelings think they carry traces of Arcadia.

The Cheaters just know that they're. Just. That. Good.

All Cheaters have the following trait:

Cheat Code For Reality
    A Cheater gains a Hack; treat this as an Interdisciplinary Speciality, though it does not benefit from any Merits or Supernatural powers that modify Specialities. All Hacks begin at a rating of 1 dot, and gain the following benefits:
    • The Hack may be employed as a normal Speciality, granting a bonus equal to the Hack's rating; however, any skill roll involving the Hack is, by definition, supernatural, and may be used as a Clash of Wills pool against Supernatural powers that directly or indirectly conflict with the skill roll.
    • The Hack allows the Cheater to ignore the technical impossibility of an action, as long as it is plausible. If an action that clearly falls under the Hack, they may attempt it even if common sense disagrees. Let the dice fall as they might.
    • Whenever the Cheater is applying their Hack to possible actions (read: stuff normal people can do), they reduce any penalties they suffer to the roll by their Hack rating.
    • Any contested actions made against a Cheater that fall within their Hack suffer their Hack rating as a penalty.
    • Cheaters gain additional Willpower Dots equal to their Hack rating; this can take them beyond 10 dots of Willpower.

Cheaters may purchase additional dots in their Hack as if it were an Attribute. In addition, the Cheater may purchase Dread Powers that thematically fit with their Hack for 3 experience a piece.

Starting Cheaters possess 10 dots of Merits, a Dread Power, and one dot in their Hack. They may select Supernatural merits as if they were normal mortals; in fact, there are Cheaters whose Hack applies to Pyrokinesis or Apportation.
    Last edited by amechra; 02-27-2016, 10:31 PM.

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by amechra View Post

You'd have two people posing at each-other until the other one dropped dead of a heart attack.
    So-no chi no sa-da-me

Leave a comment:

• GibberingEloquence
    replied
    It's funny that you mentioned Saitama, Amechra. I was reading the manga, and writing a character sheet for him as a Horror with Potency 10. Not only does he have 10 dots in Strength, Stamina, Brawl and Athletics, he also has a Supernal level of Scaling for those traits (Mage Chronicler's Guide, page 218), giving him a dice pool of 53 for punching, plus the ludicrously huge multiplier of Successes for special effects. He forces everyone to use Down & Dirty Combat, like you also thought about. His Reversal Points (Imperial Mysteries, page 17) refresh every scene instead of every chapter. What do you think about that? I'm gonna post it soon.

By the way, I sent you a private message.

Leave a comment:

• amechra
    replied
    Originally posted by GottaGoFeast View Post
    Oh God.

What if a Cheater with Sexiest Person Alive as their Hack gets into a fight with one of the Beautiful People over who's the prettiest?

There would be people lining up around the world to see that Clash Of Bods, rolls for Breaking Points be damned.
    You'd have two people posing at each-other until the other one dropped dead of a heart attack.

Leave a comment:

• Almarck
    replied
    Originally posted by Iry View Post
    Some Cheaters are going to be hilariously more versatile than others, naturally.
    Hack (Computers) is basically an invitation to do anything you want with technology.
    Hack (Martial Arts) is the same way, provided you offer some bullshit explanation.
    Hack (Mathematics) is even broader than both of the above.
    But Hack (Charisma) is the worst. The absolute worst.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0767.html

This should be the lower end of what a Charisma Cheater can do.
    Last edited by Almarck; 02-27-2016, 02:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Iry
    replied
    Some Cheaters are going to be hilariously more versatile than others, naturally.
    Hack (Computers) is basically an invitation to do anything you want with technology.
    Hack (Martial Arts) is the same way, provided you offer some bullshit explanation.
    Hack (Mathematics) is even broader than both of the above.
    But Hack (Charisma) is the worst. The absolute worst.

Leave a comment:

• GibberingEloquence
    replied
    Oh God.

What if a Cheater with Sexiest Person Alive as their Hack gets into a fight with one of the Beautiful People over who's the prettiest?

There would be people lining up around the world to see that Clash Of Bods, rolls for Breaking Points be damned.

Leave a comment:

• amechra
    replied
    Originally posted by Almarck View Post
    .... so when Deathstroke, a guy who is basically a bad ass normal with a healing factors and see a Kahana can hit the Flash.... does he actually have a competence sapping aura cheat powerful enough to hit a guy so massively FTL, you need time travelers to keep up?

Also, wh ed re does Simon from Gurren Lagann fit in here?
    You see, the Deathstroke example is because the Flash doesn't actually have anything that mechanically says that he's too fast to hit - his ST has just been going with "it doesn't make sense to hit the Flash". Deathstroke's Hack lets him ignore that, and hit him anyway.

As for Simon... I'm not actually sure - I might go with Hack (Spiral Energy), a bunch of Mech merits, and a set of Dread Powers that boost Gurren (or, rather, him in Gurren).

Because outside of Gurren, he's really no-one special (outside his massive force of will.)

Leave a comment:

• Almarck
    replied
    .... so when Deathstroke, a guy who is basically a bad ass normal with a healing factors and see a Kahana can hit the Flash.... does he actually have a competence sapping aura cheat powerful enough to hit a guy so massively FTL, you need time travelers to keep up?

Also, wh ed re does Simon from Gurren Lagann fit in here?

Leave a comment:

• amechra
    replied
    CREEEEED! has Hack (Tactical Genius). So he is a tactical genius... it's just that him using it is like entering ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → A B SELECT into the Omnissiah.

Bruce Wayne has Hack (I'm Batman), which his ST has allowed to get way out of hand.

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
    Reminds me of Heroes from Mirrors.
    I'd like to think that Cheaters are less fiddly. Then again, they are also hideously broad.

Leave a comment:

• milo v3
    replied
    Reminds me of Heroes from Mirrors.

Leave a comment:

• Raistlin
    replied
    Originally posted by amechra View Post
    Yes, a Cheater with Hack (My Katana) and the Demolisher merit can carve through bank vaults like they were butter.

Yes, a Cheater with Hack (Trick-Shooting) can shoot at and hit the International Space Station with a six-shooter.

Yes, a Cheater with Hack (Friendly Hugs) could https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PScUdYTO0UM"]bring about world peace[/URL], one hug at a time.

Yes, a Cheater with Hack (Gambling) can play a game of poker against a Master of Fate and Time and one of the True Fae... and win. In Arcadia.

Are they reasonable? Of course not.

EDIT: I just realized that Saitama from One Punch Man is literally just a Cheater with high Hack.

Down and Dirty Combat is a helluva drug.
    "CREEEEEEED!"
    I knew he was cheating! Tactical genius my ass

Leave a comment:

• amechra
    replied
    Yes, a Cheater with Hack (My Katana) and the Demolisher merit can carve through bank vaults like they were butter.

Yes, a Cheater with Hack (Trick-Shooting) can shoot at and hit the International Space Station with a six-shooter.

Yes, a Cheater with Hack (Friendly Hugs) could bring about world peace, one hug at a time.

Yes, a Cheater with Hack (Gambling) can play a game of poker against a Master of Fate and Time and one of the True Fae... and win. In Arcadia.

Are they reasonable? Of course not.

EDIT: I just realized that Saitama from One Punch Man is literally just a Cheater with high Hack.

Down and Dirty Combat is a helluva drug.
    Last edited by amechra; 02-16-2016, 02:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X