Resurrection Services LLC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resurrection Services LLC

Here at Resurrection Services LLC, we supply insurance for the inevitable. With just one visit to back up your anima patterns and ruach flows, and then you can go about your day, secure in the knowledge that if the unthinkable happens, Resurrection Services will be there to give you a helping hand!

Resurrection Services LLC possesses proprietary technologies that can bring a human being back to life with minimal fuss and muss. It's perfectly safe, comfortable, and doesn't damn your immortal soul - we promise.

Basic Services (Availability ••••)
    As long as you have a mostly intact CNS (a few bullet-holes are fine, a missing brainstem is not), have only been dead a few days, have a soul, and aren't missing too many internal organs, our friendly staff of necromancers here at Resurrection Services can bring you back to life! All of the Aggravated damage your body has suffered is downgraded to Bashing, any immediately life-threatening physical Tilts are cleared, and you can go on your merry way after a couple hours of R&R in our comfy recovery rooms!

Unfortunately, this doesn't clear any Tilts other than immediately life-threatening ones (or those that are removed through recovering from Lethal damage). Also, you remember dying, which is generally considered pretty traumatizing - that's most definitely a Breaking Point at -5. Don't worry, though, our clinics are sound-proofed for the mental health of your friends and relatives! Finally, there's the issue of decay - you keep one level of Aggravated damage for every full day you were dead past the first, you don't recover Willpower from sleep anymore, and your natural healing rate stops entirely once you leave the clinic - most clients at this price tier re-die within a few months from day-to-day wear-and-tear.

We only advise this price tier for patrons that are really hard up on money - our higher tiers bring with them a much higher quality of life. Still, if you're in a hurry, or haven't previously contracted Resurrection Services, this will do in a pinch!

NoDecay!™ (Availability +•)
    With our special NoDecay™ services, we kickstart your natural healing processes, letting you bounce back from life loss with a vengeance! While you still suffer Aggravated damage due to being left out too long, you can naturally recover from future injuries and recover Willpower from sweet, sweet sleep.

NuYu!™ (Availability +•)
    Going through your new life with a missing arm or leg is a drag - let our NuYu™ technicians help! We place you in anti-tau suspension for a day or two while they rebuild your lost limbs, scrub out diseases, and generally give you the body you deserve! This clears all Physical tilts, as well as any Conditions related to physical deformity or disease. If you specify prior to death, we can even sculpt your body to your specifications - everything from baby blue eyes to a seamless sex change is within your grasp!

NuLife!™ (Availability • to ••••)
    Sometimes, you can't just go back to your old life - circumstances like angering the mob or being legally declared dead by relatives happen to the best of us! But don't worry - with NuLife™, our professional (and discrete!) staff gets you the papers you need to be a completely new person. This works out to roughly one dot of availability for each dot of Alternate Identity that you want - anyone paying at the Availability ••• tier or higher also gets a complimentary dot of Anonymity for the first month, giving you some time to re-establish yourself.

NuKorpse!™ (Availability ••)
    Sometimes, you need to leave a body behind - and we're here to help. Not even advanced medical technology can tell the difference between our NuKorpse product and a real human corpse - just don't ask where we get them.

Soul Backup Services (Availability •••)
    It pays to think ahead - if you're in a high-risk job, you can't always supply an intact CNS or even a soul! With our Soul Backup Services, we map your ruach flows, sketch out your anima patterns, and copy small soul fragments into sacred canopic jars. This has a handful of benefits, mostly concerning ease of resurrection. Firstly, being reconstituted from a soul back-up removes the need to supply us with a corpse, since we can simply build you a new body from scratch. As a happy side-effect, this allows us to supply you with the benefits of our world-class NuYu™ services for no additional cost!

Also, you don't remember your own death, which vastly improves your quality of life! You still need to make a Breaking Point due to the sensory deprivation caused by our storage methods - but that's just at -1! (-2 if it's been week, -3 if its been a month, -4 if its been a year, and -5 if its been more than a decade). We can even use this backup to restore you from any soul loss you might have suffered as part of the back-up - you do suffer the same Breaking Point, but you do remove the Soul Loss condition.

We do encourage frequent back-ups - any resurrections from a backup revert you to the version of your character sheet you had when making that backup. Resurrection Services is not legally liable for any loss of life experiences, financial revenue, or social standing caused by infrequent backups. Due to international legislation, we are required to destroy any backups you have made if you have sold your soul to a third party, unless the contract made for that soul states otherwise.

Don't let nature take her course - secure your life and the lives of your loved ones today!

Resurrection Services LLC is a subsidiary of [SCRATCHED OUT], with all inter-dimensional legal rights that that status carries. Offers null and void if the soul has experienced any after-market modifications, enlightenment, or half-spirit nature. Resurrection Services LLC is not liable for any illegal supernatural traits that might arise from resurrection or possessions caused by improper handling of the corpse prior to application of their services. Resurrection Services LLC may charge more than the listed prices for particularly violent deaths - ask your representative for more information. Side effects may include disassociation, depersonalization, loss of appetite, loss of hair, loss of flesh, loss of memory, loss of friendships, loss of emotional capacity, loss of religious faith, ability to hear the totentanz, sudden knowledge of long-lost languages, violent urges, a hunger for flesh and blood, an inability to acknowledge that ghosts and other undead aren't alive, an insistence that you are someone you are not, a love for skull motifs, and a taste for clothing suitable at funerals. Resurrection is not for everyone - ask your spiritual advisor if Resurrection Services LLC is right for you.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

This is somewhat inspired by Arlington Wolfe Enterprises and their affordable resurrection services.

Representatives from Resurrection Services LLC have asked me to inform you that any stories you have heard about them sticking your backups into custom-made bodies for sale as slaves and blood dolls are all lies and slander. Their services are entirely safe - the fact that their staff is trained to use the sidearms that they are obliged to carry while on the job is just a court-mandated precaution.

No, it wasn't a local court, why do you ask?

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

Comment

I dunno Amechra. I got Platinum Doc Wagon Coverage. What can Resurrection Services offer me?
      Well, the total reanimation and new bodies are a start I guess, but are the fees also a bit of an issue? Do they handle Extraction from hostile terittory?

(Yes. Doc Wagon covers other universes. They just can't deal with AAA Megacorp territory)
      Last edited by Almarck; 03-09-2016, 02:41 AM.

Mechs: Because even the Chronicles of Darkness needs robot fights.
      DarkFrame: Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.
      Monarch: The Endless You are an alien ruler, charged with maintaining a people who you shape to suit your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Almarck View Post
        I dunno Amechra. I got Platinum Doc Wagon Coverage. What can Resurrection Services offer me?
        Doc Wagon? Those hacks?

You do realize that they have a decently-sized set of loopholes that let them refuse to bring you back for stuff like "acts of god", right? And have you seen the number of lawsuits they get annually?

I don't even want to know where you got your hands on the nuyen to contract their services - it's not even a valid currency outside their home dimension.

If you really need justifications to switch:

1. Resurrection Services accepts payments in forms other than a currency that may or may not develop in a future happentrack.
        2. Resurrection Services can fix soul loss - this might be a less of a worry in your line of work.
        3. Resurrection Services has been known to fight off, and I quote, "angry mummies that have just woken up" to keep your new life safe. Does Doc Wagon supply that kind of dedication to quality service? I thought so.
        4. Resurrection Services has hotter nurses of both gender expressions. Gotta think of the intangibles.

Plus, Resurrection Services understands that their normal prices might be... a bit more than you want to pay normally. However, they do hand out bulk discounts - purchase five resurrections or backups, and they'll throw in a full resurrection, with NuYu™ and NoDecay™ absolutely gratis! They even throw in family deals - they'll back up children under the age of 13 for free with any eligible adult, and they'll bring back the little tykes at a one-dot discount.

Comment

Originally posted by amechra View Post

Doc Wagon? Those hacks?

You do realize that they have a decently-sized set of loopholes that let them refuse to bring you back for stuff like "acts of god", right? And have you seen the number of lawsuits they get annually?

I don't even want to know where you got your hands on the nuyen to contract their services - it's not even a valid currency outside their home dimension.

If you really need justifications to switch:

1. Resurrection Services accepts payments in forms other than a currency that may or may not develop in a future happentrack.
          2. Resurrection Services can fix soul loss - this might be a less of a worry in your line of work.
          3. Resurrection Services has been known to fight off, and I quote, "angry mummies that have just woken up" to keep your new life safe. Does Doc Wagon supply that kind of dedication to quality service? I thought so.
          4. Resurrection Services has hotter nurses of both gender expressions. Gotta think of the intangibles.

Plus, Resurrection Services understands that their normal prices might be... a bit more than you want to pay normally. However, they do hand out bulk discounts - purchase five resurrections or backups, and they'll throw in a full resurrection, with NuYu™ and NoDecay™ absolutely gratis! They even throw in family deals - they'll back up children under the age of 13 for free with any eligible adult, and they'll bring back the little tykes at a one-dot discount.

Well, I guess I can afford to add another contract to my resurrection benefits allocation plans. Helps to have that redundant coverage to cover the gaps you know?

I'm guessing you don't cover Afterlife Expendatures in your benefits plan.

Also, is there any word on if they're working on fixing Retgoning for when your entire history gets wiped or altered? I mean, the only services that offer that sort of thing are those related to the Time Lords and well, you know how insufferable they and their prices can be.

DarkFrame: Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.
          Monarch: The Endless You are an alien ruler, charged with maintaining a people who you shape to suit your needs.

Comment

And here I thought that Dr. Wondertainment was unsettling. This made me realize that when corporations have magic, all bets are off.

"I hope you will have a long and happy life, if only so you can realize how stupid and wrong you are."

Comment

Originally posted by Almarck View Post
              Well, I guess I can afford to add another contract to my resurrection benefits allocation plans. Helps to have that redundant coverage to cover the gaps you know?

I'm guessing you don't cover Afterlife Expenditures in your benefits plan.

Also, is there any word on if they're working on fixing Retgoning for when your entire history gets wiped or altered? I mean, the only services that offer that sort of thing are those related to the Time Lords and well, you know how insufferable they and their prices can be.
              They sadly cannot fix retroactive depersonalization - it voids their contract, you see. The Time Lords lobbied pretty hard for that one.

GottaGoFeast
              They're less of a corporation and more of a... thing. That happens.

Resurrection Services LLC is closer to a hive of insects than a company, if looked at from a broad level.

Comment

Such a shame.

Also you don't cover nonhumans.... so eh maybe you're services are not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by amechra View Post
                  They're less of a corporation and more of a... thing. That happens.

Resurrection Services LLC is closer to a hive of insects than a company, if looked at from a broad level.
                  So they are more like the the Factory, then. Take a look at this excerpt from a Dr. Wondertainment Tale:

Originally posted by Djoric, Assistance For The Boss Lady
                  But that still left the Factory to deal with, and the Factory was not something one dealt with. It wasn’t run by anyone. It had no investors, no shareholders, no CEO, just miles and eons of blood-soaked gears and lonely sweatshop souls churning out soulless muck from its bowels, a cancerous structure seeking nothing but the mammon that allowed it to grow and spread and offer the universe its waste in exchange for more resources.

The Factory was good at its game. Very good.
                  Last edited by GibberingEloquence; 03-09-2016, 02:23 PM.

"I hope you will have a long and happy life, if only so you can realize how stupid and wrong you are."

Comment

Huh, I actually got more of an Eclipse Phase vibe from this than anything supernatural

...and I've realized that it is actually pretty wild that EP has created a future where businesses like these are basically considered a boring, necessary industry like any other.

Comment

Originally posted by Geckopirateship View Post
                      Huh, I actually got more of an Eclipse Phase vibe from this than anything supernatural

...and I've realized that it is actually pretty wild that EP has created a future where businesses like these are basically considered a boring, necessary industry like any other.
                      Aw man, and I left out the bits about Forking too!

Comment

Love it. You could easily make this into something really creepy for a game. It's more of a secret and mysterious facility in more of a horror game, where maybe a card comes to you in the mail, prompting you to come check out a facility with no markings and a nondescript interior. Lots of halogen lights, perfect attendants in perfect white uniforms with perfect smiles offering the unbelievable...for a price.

I'm reminded of Gennaro's great line in Jurassic Park:

"This park was not built to cater only for the super-rich."

"Well, we'll have a...a coupon day, or something." (snide laugh)

Freelancer • Available for work!

Comment

Originally posted by Claire Redfield View Post
                          Love it. You could easily make this into something really creepy for a game. It's more of a secret and mysterious facility in more of a horror game, where maybe a card comes to you in the mail, prompting you to come check out a facility with no markings and a nondescript interior. Lots of halogen lights, perfect attendants in perfect white uniforms with perfect smiles offering the unbelievable...for a price.

I'm reminded of Gennaro's great line in Jurassic Park:

"This park was not built to cater only for the super-rich."

"Well, we'll have a...a coupon day, or something." (snide laugh)
                          I kinda like the way that the only cost (as far as the customer knows) is just a lot of money. Also, I'm seeing the attendants as wearing snazzy red and black uniforms - more like a restaurant than a hospital.

And coupons are a vital part of the services they render! As any good provider knows, you have to cultivate a personal relationship with your clients.

----

Oh, alright.

There are a lot of ghosts about. Resurrection Services'... process... leaves ghosts floating around - they tend to have a problem with Sin-Eaters. Turning in a Sin-Eater corpse gets you a free resurrection - heck, they might ask you if you want to try this hot new soul prosthetic, only used once...

And it's just ghosts - the other frequencies of Twilight are empty.

My earlier comment about fighting off pissed-off mummies? Not an exaggeration - not only are the attendants armed and dangerous, the facilities themselves have all the qualities of a Bolthole and a Hollow at around the 3-dot rating for each; anything that talks about one specific kind of Supernatural Tolerance is generalized to other forms, and the benefits primarily extend to the attendants. They're built like fortresses for a reason.

Comment

I suppose they leave Sekhem harvesting alone, then? Don't want to get into IP and compete issues with LDI?

So... are the ghosts the byproduct, the point, or a necessary step?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Ah, I almost missed the last question.

They are seeking a merger with LDI - they're still in talks, all hush-hush and the like.

As for ghosts - they're a byproduct of a necessary step, and definitely not a side-effect of the way they restart your body.

Comment

Working...
                              X