Demigod: the Empyrean [Fansplat]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hellovg View Post
    Have you thought about a system wherein a demigod may take the partial power of enemies vanquished?

Legend is rife with demigod heroes taking pieces of their defeated foes and using their powers (like Perseus using Medusa's head). Have you thought about something similar? Like Demigods being able to turn enemy parts into useful weapons?
    Seconded, this sounds like a cool idea. :3

Currently Doing: Siren: The Drowning (Fansplat Resurrection)

Comment

• Originally posted by SaulottheGentle View Post

Seconded, this sounds like a cool idea. :3
      I agree, thank you for the suggestion hellovg . I've no idea how to handle it though.

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

Comment

• Originally posted by ajf115 View Post

I agree, thank you for the suggestion hellovg . I've no idea how to handle it though.

You could probably make it a crafting such items a unique skill set, like token making from changeling or other some such object from mage, and using the item in question could work similar to a miracle...

Comment

• I've just been watching Lucifer, and the way that the artefacts of the Divine inspire obsession in mortals is a great deal like the effects of Halysis, and Detective Malcolm is an excellent example of a mortal at the fourth or fifth Threshold of Halysis. The way that he kills the Satanists who he sees as 'frauds' is an excellent example of the way that an enthralled mortal can do horrible things in the name of something which they adore and worship.

Comment

• Furthermore, here's something I wrote a little while ago, some inter-chapter fiction. I know it's not the best, and it's cliche beyond reason, but some thoughts on it would be delightful.

Max stood, unarmed, with his back to the dead end of an alleyway with a pair of burly guys wearing balaclavas advancing on him and tried desperately not to laugh.
            If he had been in this situation only a week ago, he would have been terrified, begging them to take his stuff and to leave him alone. He would have been pissing himself with fear. Now he could hardly hold in the laughter at the thought that these two pigs thought they could hurt him.
            It was the other part of him that thought it was so funny, he knew, the part that had accepted Julian’s worship without a second thought and had loved it, the part that made him want to pull out the thunder and lightning and go full Old Testament-style on these fuckos’ asses.
            But that wasn’t all of him, so he spoke to them first.
            “So you’re the guys who’ve been fucking stuff up in this neighbourhood are you?”
            The guy on the right puffed up a little, like he was happy to be recognised.
            “Yeah, so wha’? You gonna go all caped crusader on us and drag us to the cops?”
            “Oh no,” Max replied, “I couldn’t care less about what you’re doing, if only you’d do it somewhere else.”
            “Oh yeah? You wan’ us to leave you alone?” said the guy on the left, “Well too bad, give us your wallet and we’ll go. Don’t and we might have a problem.”
            Max finally gave in to the laughter that bubbled up out of his throat, booming like thunder in miniature.
            “Where’d you get that little spiel? A crime drama?”
            Max reached inside, to where the light was, the light that had burned through him and remade him into a god.
            “Whatever,” he said, his voice becoming the rumble of thunder as his body turned to lightning “This is my turf, my holy ground and I won’t let filth like you pollute it”.
            When the police arrived later to investigate reports of a deafening bang that had shattered windows in a number of buildings near the alleyway, all they found was a pair of human-shaped outlines seared onto the dirty floor.

Comment

Furthermore, here's something I wrote a little while ago, some inter-chapter fiction. I know it's not the best, and it's cliche beyond reason, but some thoughts on it would be delightful.

Max stood, unarmed, with his back to the dead end of an alleyway with a pair of burly guys wearing balaclavas advancing on him and tried desperately not to laugh.
              If he had been in this situation only a week ago, he would have been terrified, begging them to take his stuff and to leave him alone. He would have been pissing himself with fear. Now he could hardly hold in the laughter at the thought that these two pigs thought they could hurt him.
              It was the other part of him that thought it was so funny, he knew, the part that had accepted Julian’s worship without a second thought and had loved it, the part that made him want to pull out the thunder and lightning and go full Old Testament-style on these fuckos’ asses.
              But that wasn’t all of him, so he spoke to them first.
              “So you’re the guys who’ve been fucking stuff up in this neighbourhood are you?”
              The guy on the right puffed up a little, like he was happy to be recognised.
              “Yeah, so wha’? You gonna go all caped crusader on us and drag us to the cops?”
              “Oh no,” Max replied, “I couldn’t care less about what you’re doing, if only you’d do it somewhere else.”
              “Oh yeah? You wan’ us to leave you alone?” said the guy on the left, “Well too bad, give us your wallet and we’ll go. Don’t and we might have a problem.”
              Max finally gave in to the laughter that bubbled up out of his throat, booming like thunder in miniature.
              “Where’d you get that little spiel? A crime drama?”
              Max reached inside, to where the light was, the light that had burned through him and remade him into a god.
              “Whatever,” he said, his voice becoming the rumble of thunder as his body turned to lightning “This is my turf, my holy ground and I won’t let filth like you pollute it”.
              When the police arrived later to investigate reports of a deafening bang that had shattered windows in a number of buildings near the alleyway, all they found was a pair of human-shaped outlines seared onto the dirty floor.

This is utterly beautiful.

Comment

This is utterly beautiful.
                Thank you. I'm touched.

Comment

• I'm coming back to this after quite a while away, because I had an idea for it. Specifically, the Aspects as they are now seem altogether too on-the-nose to me. Perhaps they could be re-skinned, at least in name and in a few particulars? A way I thought of for doing that follows, and yes, it was inspired by the manga Campione! Note that although the 'aspects' are described with physical domains, their purviews are much more conceptual. Steel and Stone are 'crafted' things, and that's what their gods represent.
                  • Gods of Fire and Sky Gods of Fire and Sky are creatures of resplendence and rebellion. They are Prometheus, who stole fire from the gods and gave it to man, and they are Lucifer, who fell and in falling burned Hell as a scar into the earth. At the same time, though, they are also Zeus, who was stolen from, and YHWH, who cast down the Morningstar. Gods of Fire and Sky are the stars towards which civilisation strives, and they are the fires that cast it down. Demigods of Fire and Sky are most often masters of forces and the elements, and can sometimes seem more force than person, like a storm constrained in skin.
                  • Gods of Steel and Stone The gods of Steel and Stone are tutelary deities and holy warriors. They are Verethragna, the divine warlord, and they are the Yellow Emperor, who taught language to the early tribe sin the area that is now China. The demigods gods of Steel and Stone are perhaps the most human of their kind, and they are the patrons of human things: architecture, war, writing, smith-work and a hundred other disciplines.
                  • Gods of Earth and Water Gods of Earth and Water are old gods, primitive gods and primordial gods. They are earth-mothers and sea-father and, quite often, are dragons and serpents as well. They are the gods that are least like people, Gaia who was the Earth and Tiamat who was the salt waters. The Serpents are the gods that live in life and parenthood and sex and blood. they are visceral and their worship is unconstrained. Dionysus was a god of the bounty of the Earth and of the madness it can bring.
                  • Gods of Night and Death Always, in every pantheon, there is a god whose domain is the dark, whether of the night or of the vast abyss that lies beyond death. These are the gods of Night and Death, and they are other. They are the gods-beyond-the-veil, Ereshkigal who rules the Underworld and the Morrigan, bearer of fate and doom.

Comment

I'm coming back to this after quite a while away, because I had an idea for it. Specifically, the Aspects as they are now seem altogether too on-the-nose to me. Perhaps they could be re-skinned, at least in name and in a few particulars? A way I thought of for doing that follows, and yes, it was inspired by the manga Campione! Note that although the 'aspects' are described with physical domains, their purviews are much more conceptual. Steel and Stone are 'crafted' things, and that's what their gods represent.
                    I don't know. I kind of like the Aspects as they are, and feel that they cover more than enough ground for different kinds of godhood. They give the possibillity of playing as a god who affects the physical world as much as a god who "works in mysterious ways" or the like.

Not to mention as how they've been renamed, it feels a tiny bit like they'd be easily mispercepted as being only able to affect the purviews they're listed for in their titles and a part of me feels that the new ideas could be written into the current Aspects.

But on the other hand, it feels like what I said could go the same way for the new aspects. That the new Aspects could still cover more than enough ground for different kinds of godhood and that the parts of the old ideas could remain in the new aspects.

In my personal opinion, I prefer the old Aspects if only because they feel more "Sandboxy" in a way. But that's just my opinion and this is your gameline, feel free to disregard it if you wish. :3

Comment

I don't know. I kind of like the Aspects as they are, and feel that they cover more than enough ground for different kinds of godhood. They give the possibillity of playing as a god who affects the physical world as much as a god who "works in mysterious ways" or the like.

Not to mention as how they've been renamed, it feels a tiny bit like they'd be easily mispercepted as being only able to affect the purviews they're listed for in their titles and a part of me feels that the new ideas could be written into the current Aspects.

But on the other hand, it feels like what I said could go the same way for the new aspects. That the new Aspects could still cover more than enough ground for different kinds of godhood and that the parts of the old ideas could remain in the new aspects.

In my personal opinion, I prefer the old Aspects if only because they feel more "Sandboxy" in a way. But that's just my opinion and this is your gameline, feel free to disregard it if you wish. :3
                      Hmm. Well, I probably won't be doing all that much with the thing right now - I have altogether too much on my plate - but it was a thought I had that I didn't want to just be forgotten. I thought I might as well put it up here for other people to have a look at.

Comment

Working...
                      X