3D printed CofD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D printed CofD

I'm lucky enough to have a job where I get to play around with a 3D printer and design random models to help push the limits of what we can do with the technology. That means some of the stuff I create are the bizarre creatures of the Chronicles of Darkness. If you have any .stl, .obj, or other files on Thingiverse or similar sites, please share them here and I will index them in the first post. I'm hoping that as printers get more common, there will be more people who will be willing sharing their designs so everyone can use them in their games.

Second Chances

Amkhata
    Herasu Sabxent (Greater) 1
    The Husk (Unique) 1
    Sabasu Textant (Greater) 1
    Serpete Penas (Unique) 1
    Tetasu Peh (Greater) 1

God-Machine Minions
    Arachnid Robot 1

Horrors
    Al-miraj1
    Flying Piranha 1
    Jaguar of Smoke and Mirrors 1
    Lusca 1
    Nightgaunt 1
    Terracotta Naga 1 2
    Tooth Tree 1 2

Pandoran
    Dust Devil (whirlwind) 1

Spirits
    Chainsaw Spirit 1
    Glabna, the Unyielding Stone 1
    Lock Spirit 1 2
    Pixel Spirit 1 pic1 pic2
    Shabu Spirit (gluttony/overdose) 1
    Zaknisuzi, the Tyrant Over Fear 1 2
    Last edited by Second Chances; 01-22-2018, 05:04 PM.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
    He/His Pronouns
    CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

I've also got a number of models for Pathfinder, some of which are inspired by cryptids, movies, and literature. Although they don't have official CofD stats, they are the types of things that would make great Horrors, so I've added the Al- miraj, Flying Piranha, Lusca, and Nightgaunt to the first post. .

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
    He/His Pronouns
    CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

One last model for today: a Greater HerasuSabexnt. I had been planning to create more Amkhata, as well as a lesser version of this to post today, but my internet connection is being too laggy right now.

Also, if anyone else wants to take a shot at this, you don't need lots fo complicated software or much in the way of digital skills. I use tinkercad, which is a free 3D CAD software that lets you create objects for 3D printing. I mostly combine parts of models together that I find on thingiverse which are distributed under a Creative Commons license that allows for remixing. With a bit of practice, you'll be surprised what you can do!

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
      He/His Pronouns

Comment

Moar Mummy! I've got three more Amkhata to include: a Greater Tetasu Peh Tetabeh, a Greater Sabasu Textant, and The Husk from Sothis Ascends.

Each of these was really fun to design, although I think that The Husk actually took the least time. The Tetasu Peh is based on Serqab Tetasu (the sample greater Amkhata) in Mummy Core. I'll probably make a second version of the Husk at some point with its jaws open to reveal its other head, but I need to find a good model first.
        Last edited by Second Chances; 04-10-2016, 03:23 PM.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
        He/His Pronouns

Comment

I've got two more models to add for you today. A Chinese Naga modelled off of the terracotta soldiers, as well as a snake-headed version of the same model. Perhaps they would be useful in some Dark Eras?

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
          He/His Pronouns

Comment

The lock spirits are surprisingly adorable. Their Finesse must be through the roof.

Simurgh, Mysterium Thyrsus in Mountains of Shadow (IC|OOC)

Comment

Thanks! I've got a couple of other designs I'd like to use with the lock spirits too, but I'm fond of this one.

Two more for you right now, and a bunch of others in my head. The Arachnid Robot is straight up Pathfinder, but it works well as a God-Machine Minion too, so I'm tossing it in. I love this design, because unlike the others, I made it myself from scratch in Tinkercad, and it came out exactly like the illustration I based it on. I've also added my first Pandoran, the Dust Devil, specifically one using the Arid Dicorporation Transmution to take the form of a whirlwind. If Promethean isn't your thing, you can use it as a ghost too.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
              He/His Pronouns

Comment

Two more, both from Dark Eras. In the high weirdness of the Aztec, the Jaguar of Smoke and Mirrors hunts its prey. In 1970s New York, Shabu spirits drive werewolves and junkies alike to indulge in whatever their vices are.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
                He/His Pronouns

Comment

It has been quite a while, but I have some more models to post. First is a generalized chainsaw spirit, the Kar Kar Sum from the Book of Spirits. My design is more of a caricature than the Kar Kar Sum illustration, but I like the dissonance that creates. I'll keep my eye out for other base models that may more and will likely post more versions of this spirit.
                  Turning our attention to The Pack, one of the featured totems in that book is Glabna, the Unyielding Stone. I am very happy with this miniature!

Finally, we have one of the most bizarre and abstract of the Lodge Totems. There are many possible ways to interpret the description of Zakinsuzi, the Tyrant Over Fear. My design was inspired by the Avatar State used in the final episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Instead of elemental rings, I used a ring of eyes and a ring of masks, as well as a snowflake and circular flame to represent Zakinzuzi's strange form in something that could easily be printed. There are certainly many other design alternative you could use, indeed this was the third iteration of my Zakinsuzi design.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
                  He/His Pronouns

Comment

Updated for the first time in a long time to add Serpete Penas, a unique Amkhata from Rio.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
                    He/His Pronouns

Comment

That's pretty cool.

Comment

New Year, new model! Here's another take on the Tyrant Over Fear from Werewolf!

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
                        He/His Pronouns

Comment

I've added two models of tooth trees (1 and 2) for those of you who enjoy body horror.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
                          He/His Pronouns

Comment

Working...
                          X