Share your maps of the universe! [Just for Fun]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Axelgear View Post
    Something I don't quite get, myself, is that the cosmology always shows the Fallen World at the centre. If it were me, I'd place the Supernal at the centre and have it radiating outwards, a la the depictions of the tzimtzum in Kabbalah. The Astral Realms lie closest to it, followed by the Shadow and Underworld, followed by the Fallen World, followed by the various other realms like Changeling Arcadia or the Lower Depths.

"Down" and "Outward" have very different connotations.
    I think it's because humans live in the Fallen World, and the games pretty strongly focus on humans (or ex-humans, proto-humans, or human-adjacents, depending on the splats in question), so we just kind of naturally want to put them at the center.

Words of Wisdom from the Forums:
    "Don't be unlucky and get dead by a wolf-man."
    "Most of the current eras are too modern, we need 'Dark Eras: The electroweak epoch'."

Comment

Well I mostly try not to have any specific universe map built for all my games: for vampires it isn't important at all, and I don't think it's ever come up in a werewolf game. The only game I could see it coming up in would be Mage, and I feel like Mage Cosmology tends to be overarching on its own without my help in the matter.

I don't have much experience with the lines beyond that, so I can't comment on the others.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
        If You've gotta be wrong, you might as well go for pretty. (EDIT: God, I wish I could remember who made this. To their credit, it is deliberately wrong, rather than just blindly assuming the cosmology can actually be mapped out.)

And boy howdy, is this pretty.

Thank you for the compliments on the map 8-)
        I also have some other maps from our chronicles if you guys would like to see?

Comment

so I've made this doodle as a representation of how I see the CofD's cosmology. The quality of the photograph is not that good, and it is a bit messy- but hey, the CofD cosmology is, after all, a messy thing.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
          I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by Axelgear View Post
            Something I don't quite get, myself, is that the cosmology always shows the Fallen World at the centre. If it were me, I'd place the Supernal at the centre and have it radiating outwards, a la the depictions of the tzimtzum in Kabbalah. The Astral Realms lie closest to it, followed by the Shadow and Underworld, followed by the Fallen World, followed by the various other realms like Changeling Arcadia or the Lower Depths.

"Down" and "Outward" have very different connotations.

I agree. That is why I kind of saw the whole thing working in more of a 4+ dimensional/tesseract manner and behaving like the big bang (as the big bang radiated outward an over time matter coalesced into nebula/stars/planets/galaxies/&c, so to did the raw symbology of the supernal radiate outward with symbols coalescing in various ways to create the realms.)

I saw the lower depths as simply collections of symbols that aren't as coherent as others.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

Working...
            X