Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: General Chronicles/World of Darkness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Range Bands from Hurt Locker supposed to be a "new standard" to which future rules will default to, or is it a purely one shot optional hack?

Comment

• Originally posted by WHW View Post
      Are Range Bands from Hurt Locker supposed to be a "new standard" to which future rules will default to, or is it a purely one shot optional hack?
      I'm pretty sure it's just a one shot optional hack.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

• They might be a standard in CofD 2.0 just like many of the Armory Reloaded hacks landed in CofD. But we have at least 5 years before that happens.

[2E] Moinen's Homebrew Hub

Comment

• Originally posted by Moinen View Post
          They might be a standard in CofD 2.0 just like many of the Armory Reloaded hacks landed in CofD. But we have at least 5 years before that happens.
          I assume by CofD 2.0 you mean a hypothetical 3rd edition?

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

I assume by CofD 2.0 you mean a hypothetical 3rd edition?
            Yes. A very, very distant new edition.

[2E] Moinen's Homebrew Hub

Comment

• how much damage does sulfuric Acid do ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Basic View Post
                how much damage does sulfuric Acid do ?
                I don't think the core book includes rules for acid damage. I'd probably repurpose the rules for fire damage. Assign a size and an acidity (instead of heat), add together the damage from each, and deal this much damage per turn until the acid is washed off. Maybe have the Size reduce by a point per turn automatically instead of requiring the character to use an action to stop drop and roll.

Comment

• There is the chemical fire type of fire, which makes absolutely no sense since all fires are chemical processes. That might actually refer to corrosive materials that give chemical burns. But I'd recommend Charlaquin's suggestion anytime.

Bloodline: The Stygians

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

I don't think the core book includes rules for acid damage. I'd probably repurpose the rules for fire damage. Assign a size and an acidity (instead of heat), add together the damage from each, and deal this much damage per turn until the acid is washed off. Maybe have the Size reduce by a point per turn automatically instead of requiring the character to use an action to stop drop and roll.

I wanted to know because I wanted a character to keep someone on him in a ampoule that says holy water.

Comment

• I have a question about movement during combat:
                      The books say a character can move their speed and still do an instant action. Is there an order to how these need to be performed? Can a character move a bit, take an action, then move some more? Can they do an action and then move?

I was also wondering about movement when it comes to ranged weapons in close combat. Since using a large firearm (like a rifle) in close combat is penalized and there doesn't seem to be an equivalent of an "attack of opportunity" when moving away from close combat, is there anything in RAW that prevents a character from just walking away from a melee attacker on their turn and then shooting? So the defense bonus the target would get is nullified if the shooter just walks away?

Of course since there is no such thing as "turn based combat" IRL, I would rule that a melee combatant moves with it's target, but still I feel like there might be some issues with this if a player wants to exploit this.
                      Last edited by Cainite; 04-26-2017, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cainite View Post
                        The books say a character can move their speed and still do an instant action. Is there an order to how these need to be performed? Can a character move a bit, take an action, then move some more? Can they do an action and then move?
                        In going with the lack of 'turn based combat' I think it would be seen more as moving while shooting. Yes you can do so. I thought there was a Merit that allowed this, but a brief check says no so I believe it's something anyone can do.

I was also wondering about movement when it comes to ranged weapons in close combat. Since using a large firearm (like a rifle) in close combat is penalized and there doesn't seem to be an equivalent of an "attack of opportunity" when moving away from close combat, is there anything in RAW that prevents a character from just walking away from a melee attacker on their turn and then shooting? So the defense bonus the target would get is nullified if the shooter just walks away?
                        Nothing but the obvious, like Grapple or Delayed Actions.

Comment

• Can the Miracle Dread power replicate the Resurrection Numina?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• Well, it's a little more powerful than the example uses of Miracle, but Dread Powers are just examples and guidelines. You could use Miracle to resurrect someone or just come up with a whole new Resurrection Dread Power. And if you want to adhere to published rules there's the Numen Dread Power that can replicate any Numina, including Resurrection.
                            Either way I'd personally include a steeper drawback regardless of how I do it. Letting the resurrected subject come back wrong, or requiring a soul (your own or someone else's) in order to activate the Dread Power. But you might not be quite as sadistic as me.

Bloodline: The Stygians

Comment

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                              Well, it's a little more powerful than the example uses of Miracle, but Dread Powers are just examples and guidelines. You could use Miracle to resurrect someone or just come up with a whole new Resurrection Dread Power. And if you want to adhere to published rules there's the Numen Dread Power that can replicate any Numina, including Resurrection.
                              Either way I'd personally include a steeper drawback regardless of how I do it. Letting the resurrected subject come back wrong, or requiring a soul (your own or someone else's) in order to activate the Dread Power. But you might not be quite as sadistic as me.
                              It's a horror game. You are exactly the right amount of sadistic. I was thinking more Pet Sematary than Easter story anyway.

Comment

• Do endowments that give you powers, like the Knights of Saint George and the Lucifuge, make you a Sleepwalker?

Comment

Working...
                                X