Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: General Chronicles/World of Darkness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are Range Bands from Hurt Locker supposed to be a "new standard" to which future rules will default to, or is it a purely one shot optional hack?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by WHW View Post
      Are Range Bands from Hurt Locker supposed to be a "new standard" to which future rules will default to, or is it a purely one shot optional hack?
      I'm pretty sure it's just a one shot optional hack.


      Onyx Path Forum Moderator

      My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

      Comment


      • They might be a standard in CofD 2.0 just like many of the Armory Reloaded hacks landed in CofD. But we have at least 5 years before that happens.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Moinen View Post
          They might be a standard in CofD 2.0 just like many of the Armory Reloaded hacks landed in CofD. But we have at least 5 years before that happens.
          I assume by CofD 2.0 you mean a hypothetical 3rd edition?


          Onyx Path Forum Moderator

          My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

            I assume by CofD 2.0 you mean a hypothetical 3rd edition?
            Yes. A very, very distant new edition.

            Comment


            • how much damage does sulfuric Acid do ?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Basic View Post
                how much damage does sulfuric Acid do ?
                I don't think the core book includes rules for acid damage. I'd probably repurpose the rules for fire damage. Assign a size and an acidity (instead of heat), add together the damage from each, and deal this much damage per turn until the acid is washed off. Maybe have the Size reduce by a point per turn automatically instead of requiring the character to use an action to stop drop and roll.


                Onyx Path Forum Moderator

                My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

                Comment


                • There is the chemical fire type of fire, which makes absolutely no sense since all fires are chemical processes. That might actually refer to corrosive materials that give chemical burns. But I'd recommend Charlaquin's suggestion anytime.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

                    I don't think the core book includes rules for acid damage. I'd probably repurpose the rules for fire damage. Assign a size and an acidity (instead of heat), add together the damage from each, and deal this much damage per turn until the acid is washed off. Maybe have the Size reduce by a point per turn automatically instead of requiring the character to use an action to stop drop and roll.

                    I wanted to know because I wanted a character to keep someone on him in a ampoule that says holy water.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X