Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: General Chronicles/World of Darkness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like if there's a thousand Prometheans worldwide, that's too much.

Comment

• Thanks charlaquin, i geuss i did not consider that despite the fact your group in the session represents a worldwide majority lol

Malus at the very most, i would say the number would be 860

Comment

• Actually the number of Prometeans are really low, less then a hundred according to the 2ed core book.

p.12
        At any given time, there might be one hundred Created walking
        the Earth.

Comment

• Oh crap, I must've missed that in the corebook lol. Does it say that just like the divine fire that the population has relative fluctuation
          Last edited by Primordial newcomer; 05-13-2018, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
            What's the relations of osirans and mummies? Is there anything official? Or is it up to the storyteller
            Do you wonder if there's any relation between mummies and the lineage as a whole, or just what mummies and Osirans would think of each other if they met?

Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke
            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• I generally like Integrity and the other 2e stats better than Morality for a variety of reasons, but there is one thing that confuses me still: what does passing or failing a breaking point look like. With Morality, at least for morality-related rolls, I understood that passing meant that you realized what you had done was wrong and felt guilt, while failing meant you justified to yourself and started adjusting your moral standards down. For Integrity breaking points involving stuff you did yourself, what does it look like? I can't figure it out

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                I generally like Integrity and the other 2e stats better than Morality for a variety of reasons, but there is one thing that confuses me still: what does passing or failing a breaking point look like. With Morality, at least for morality-related rolls, I understood that passing meant that you realized what you had done was wrong and felt guilt, while failing meant you justified to yourself and started adjusting your moral standards down. For Integrity breaking points involving stuff you did yourself, what does it look like? I can't figure it out
                All Breaking Points involve something that is traumatic for your character, even if they perform the deed themselves. Succeeding at a Breaking Point means that the experience hasn't had any noticeable long term effects on your character's psyche (the Conditions still represent the short term effects) while failing means that the experience has affected some of their mental well being and psychological stability.
                Regardless of outcome the character doesn't have to be aware of their Integrity (or any changes to it) at all. All they know is that whatever they just went through was quite stressful to experience, whether it was hacking off their friend's foot to save them or having an animated skeleton splash them down with a tempting goblet.

Edit: That is not to say that a character would be completely oblivious to their own mental state. It's just that in the moment you're really not analysing your own psychological makeup. Rather, it might even take two or three failed breaking points before you realise that it's taking a toll on your mental health, or at least a period of time after a failed Breaking Point to compare your current self to your old self.
                Last edited by Tessie; 05-14-2018, 04:25 PM.

Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post

All Breaking Points involve something that is traumatic for your character, even if they perform the deed themselves. Succeeding at a Breaking Point means that the experience hasn't had any noticeable long term effects on your character's psyche (the Conditions still represent the short term effects) while failing means that the experience has affected some of their mental well being and psychological stability.
                  Regardless of outcome the character doesn't have to be aware of their Integrity (or any changes to it) at all. All they know is that whatever they just went through was quite stressful to experience, whether it was hacking of their friend's foot to save them or having a walking skeleton splash them down with a tempting goblet.

Edit: That is not to say that a character would be completely oblivious to their own mental state. It's just that in the moment you're really not analysing your own psychological makeup. Rather, it might even take two or three failed breaking points before you realise that it's taking a toll on your mental health, or at least a period of time after a failed Breaking Point to compare your current self to your old self.

Ok, so, the roll is just the rep of all the factors unknown to modern science that determine what experiences turn into trauma and what doesn't?

Comment

• Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
                    What's the relations of osirans and mummies? Is there anything official? Or is it up to the storyteller
                    There's a line in the Mummy core book that mentions the secrets of the Rite of Return leaking to others in a corrupted form, and I vividly remember reading it in 2013 and being sure it was referencing the Osiran creation ritual, but I don't think it's actually an official thing.

2E Legacy Updates
                    Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                    Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                    Storm Keepers

Comment

• Is there still a dice penalty to Manifestations from multiple observers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                        Is there still a dice penalty to Manifestations from multiple observers?
                        Still? I don't think that's ever been a thing. Either way there's no mention of it in CofD.

Comment

Working...
                        X