Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: General Chronicles/World of Darkness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thank you

oh something I was wondering

On Abjuration roll's can I use teamwork rules on it?

or meditation dont think it can be done as a teamwork thing but someone else should be able to guide you through it.

Comment

• Meditation would be hard to explain how you’re teamworking it, but abjuration I see no reason why you can’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
        Meditation would be hard to explain how you’re teamworking it, but abjuration I see no reason why you can’t.

There's no reason to suspect you could't use teamwork in meditation. Example, soothing voice helping you to relax, mindfulness guide or even a hypnotist could help you meditate, or a Yoga teacher or a spirit guide in the tribal sense or a masseuse. There's plenty reason to help someone to meditate successfully, so teamwork should definitely not be off the table here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poseur View Post
          There's no reason to suspect you could't use teamwork in meditation. Example, soothing voice helping you to relax, mindfulness guide or even a hypnotist could help you meditate, or a Yoga teacher or a spirit guide in the tribal sense or a masseuse. There's plenty reason to help someone to meditate successfully, so teamwork should definitely not be off the table here.
          I agree. Of course, only the primary actor would get the bonuses from meditation, and only the primary actor's Merits would apply.

Bloodline: The Stygians
          Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
          Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Regarding Deviants, I assume the main difference regarding the other splats is that the ultimate bad guys aren't eldritch abominations like the Strix, Idigam, Exarcs, Fae, God Machine, etc... but humans themselves. Right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Raistlin View Post
              Regarding Deviants, I assume the main difference regarding the other splats is that the ultimate bad guys aren't eldritch abominations like the Strix, Idigam, Exarcs, Fae, God Machine, etc... but humans themselves. Right?
              I think with Deviants, It Depends tm could very well be arc-words. After all, the conspiracy that made/hunts the Reneagade could serve an Eldritch Abomination. Or the ultimate "bad guy" could be the Deviant themselves - they do become less human, could have made themselves what they are, and all that Conviction could easily make them far worse than what they hunt/fight against.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• There are Loyalists. If they serve as the primary antagonists, then Deviant will join the other splats who serve as their own main antagonists. But it appears humans will be more common as actual, purpose-driven antagonists unlike most of/all the other gamelines that mostly treats humans as obstacles (and sometimes feeding sources) if they ever get involved.

Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• on Meditation

the person rolling to help you make a roll on it PROBALY isnt rolling Resolve+Composure.

Comment

• I think comforting someone was a Composure+Empathy roll, but I can't remember in which book I read that. That seems like the most fitting roll to me. Technically all participants in a teamwork action are supposed to roll the same dice pool, but I don't particularly like that limitation anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                      I think comforting someone was a Composure+Empathy roll, but I can't remember in which book I read that. That seems like the most fitting roll to me. Technically all participants in a teamwork action are supposed to roll the same dice pool, but I don't particularly like that limitation anyway.
                      I don’t know if this is where you saw it, but Nightmare on Hill Mannor asks for a Composure + Empathy roll to calm someone at one point.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Are there any official rules for how (or even if?) storyteller characters can regain spent willpower dots? I'm mostly trying to figure out how big an ask it is to have a mage/supernal entity make you a safely relinquished spell, but the underlying mechanic is pretty generic so I thought I'd ask here.

Comment

• No more than there are rules for NPCs to buy in other traits that costs XP.

Comment

• Originally posted by MalicWanderer View Post
                            Are there any official rules for how (or even if?) storyteller characters can regain spent willpower dots? I'm mostly trying to figure out how big an ask it is to have a mage/supernal entity make you a safely relinquished spell, but the underlying mechanic is pretty generic so I thought I'd ask here.
                            P141, 'Since Storyteller characters don’t track Beats or Experiences, fulfilling an Aspiration instead grants the character a point of Willpower. This point of Willpower is temporary and goes away at the end of the scene, unless the Aspiration fulfilled was a Horror’s feeding Aspiration, in which case the Willpower point lasts until spent.
                            The same rule applies any time a Storyteller character, whether Horror or otherwise, would otherwise earn a Beat: resolving Conditions, turning a failure into a dramatic failure, and so on.'

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post

P141, 'Since Storyteller characters don’t track Beats or Experiences, fulfilling an Aspiration instead grants the character a point of Willpower. This point of Willpower is temporary and goes away at the end of the scene, unless the Aspiration fulfilled was a Horror’s feeding Aspiration, in which case the Willpower point lasts until spent.
                              The same rule applies any time a Storyteller character, whether Horror or otherwise, would otherwise earn a Beat: resolving Conditions, turning a failure into a dramatic failure, and so on.'
                              That is Willpower Point, not Willpower Dot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruger View Post
                                That is Willpower Point, not Willpower Dot.
                                Yes, dots are what MalicWanderer asked for, in italics and everything. I thought some context would help. But okay.

P141, 'Since Storyteller characters don't track Beats or Experiences,'

They don't have Experiences to spend buying back new dots, they don't get them by doing anything. Have it come at a thematically appropriate moment (say, after a long period of time has passed or the overcoming of an obstacle) or just let it degrade.

Comment

Working...
                                X