Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: General Chronicles/World of Darkness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DRaziel View Post
    - There are many times in the rulebooks where a value must be halved (defense when stunned, for example), but it is not specified wether it should be rounded up or down. How should we proceed by default.
    In other systems like Pathfinder and D&D it's always rounded down unless otherwise specified. That doesn't mean it's also the case in Chronicles of Darkness, but that's what I do until the devs tell me otherwise.

I would very much like to see a dev answer this question though.

Comment

• My default is also rounding down, but that springs less from D&D and more from "you can't subtract .5 dice". But, like the previous answer, that doesn't mean I'm RIGHT. Just that it's the way I do things.

Comment

• The first core says repeatedly for just about everything except MPH (which isn't a dice roll), 'remainders are rounded down' and 'fractions are rounded down.'

The only difference I see in second edition is 'The dice bonus for Fashion is equal to half the Availability, rounded up.'
        Last edited by nofather; 02-15-2019, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• how mechanicaly would one go about Swatting someone?

Social Maneuvering to pull wool of emergency dispatcher's eyes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
            how mechanicaly would one go about Swatting someone?

Social Maneuvering to pull wool of emergency dispatcher's eyes?
            From the sound of it, you probably don't need anything mechanical. I gather part of the problem with swatting and similar prank calls to emergency services is that these system are there to make it as easy as possible. If you say there's an active shooter, the police are going to assume that that is true until they're definitely sure it's not.

That said, it probably depends a bit where you are, what tactics the police use.

Comment

Working...
            X