Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: General Chronicles/World of Darkness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way back in 2013-2014 Stunned used to not require targeting the head and writers on assorted parts of later books haven’t always gotten the memo that it got nerfed (probably thanks in part to how it took until just recently for OPP to finally update the Tilt description from that original version).

Ignore the first part of Knockout Artist and just treat it as “-2 Size for the purpose of stunning.”

For Ippon... I guess there’s nothing saying you can’t combine grappling and specified targets? Which also means Tilting people with the Damage move is a thing which is nice.

Comment

• Hi,

i have a little trouble understanding extreme environment effect. When do we need to apply the rule in source of harm and when the titl extreme cold/heat ?

Comment

• If you're touching a wall socket with a fork, it's a source of harm. If there's a blizzard, apply the tilt.

Comment

• Ideas what skills qualify for Investigative Aide?

Examples of how to use them?

Get Impression but don't see as much in words, that a investigation different parties can be gathering clues.
          Last edited by Prince of the Night; 09-14-2019, 04:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malus View Post
            If you're touching a wall socket with a fork, it's a source of harm. If there's a blizzard, apply the tilt.

Sorry if I was not clear. I was referring to the extreme environment section under Source of Harm. The Survival Gear equipment refers to extreme environment p97
            But I don't understand in which condition I apply the environment level penalties to action or the progressive penalty written in the tilt.

Comment

• At work and going from memory. I believe that Vampire the Requiem 1E and/or Blood Players Guide says/infers that most environmental tilts effect vampires much less as if 1-2 levels less. I tell my players that hyperthermia will not be a big deal but snow drifts slow you down.

Best regards

Roleplaying not Rollplaying or Ruleplaying
              Current Focus
              Storypath & Storypath to Run CoD, VtR, WtF, MtA
              Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Cross View Post
                Sorry if I was not clear. I was referring to the extreme environment section under Source of Harm. The Survival Gear equipment refers to extreme environment p97
                But I don't understand in which condition I apply the environment level penalties to action or the progressive penalty written in the tilt.
                In general, Extreme Environments are for whole-location concerns that last a long time and are expressed purely in terms of their effects on damage and healing, whereas Environmental Tilts are typically better suited for acting as "stage hazards" and other temporary dangers with specific additional effects — you use the Extreme Environments rules for being stuck in a desert; you use the Extreme Heat and/or Inferno Tilts for being stuck in a burning building.

tl;dr if the effect covers an arbitrarily large area and is handled by taking shelter for longer than a scene, use Extreme Environments; if the effect is localized and not omnipresent, use Tilts.

Resident Lore-Hound
                Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• Does Forcing Doors Necessarily mean threatening someone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                    Does Forcing Doors Necessarily mean threatening someone?
                    I think that you could also deceive someone and force him to make a quick decision

Comment

• Hurt locker level 3 grappling merit says

"While using Drop Prone with the Takedown Maneuver, "

So if i understand it rightly:
                      1 - the takedown merit allows you to execute the Drop Prone maneuver without starting a grapple?

2 - Does that mean that both the fighters ends up prone, like in a tackle?

3 - After the takedown maneuver does the fighters starts a grapple contest or the attacker must estabilish a grapple first?

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                        Does Forcing Doors Necessarily mean threatening someone?
                        I like to think of it as being rude or doing something even remotely unfriendly would be forcing a door. Threats, insults, violence, blackmail, coercion or even propositioning. Anytime you force someone to act instead of finding ways for them to want to help you.

Comment

Working...
                        X