Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: General Chronicles/World of Darkness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does CofD yet have an equivalent to Second Sight? Particularly the "Thaumaturgists" for humans that can do ritual magic that are not Mages?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maina View Post
      Does CofD yet have an equivalent to Second Sight? Particularly the "Thaumaturgists" for humans that can do ritual magic that are not Mages?
      No. The closest thing is a fan update on the STV.

Bloodline: The Stygians
      Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
      Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maina View Post
        Does CofD yet have an equivalent to Second Sight? Particularly the "Thaumaturgists" for humans that can do ritual magic that are not Mages?
        Thaumaturgists? only in the fan update Tessie mentioned.

However, a lot of *Second Sight*'s themes are covered in *Hurt Locker*'s Chapter Three, including several lesser supernatural templates such as Psychic Vampires and Atariya.

Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Mind/Forces) built around being a human computer; Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Matter/Prime) focusing on the creation of Imbued items and the enhancement of Sleeper technology

Comment

• This is specifically a Contagion Chronicle question, but I'm putting it here since that doesn't have a dedicated SQSA thread.

The Fervor 2 ability Divine Revelation (page 50) lists three Edges, but two of them have the same mechanical effect - two temporary dots of Composure, subject to trait limits. Is one of those a mistake, or is there some other difference between the two Edges I'm not seeing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad_Maudlin View Post
            This is specifically a Contagion Chronicle question, but I'm putting it here since that doesn't have a dedicated SQSA thread.

The Fervor 2 ability Divine Revelation (page 50) lists three Edges, but two of them have the same mechanical effect - two temporary dots of Composure, subject to trait limits. Is one of those a mistake, or is there some other difference between the two Edges I'm not seeing?
            I'm looking at my PDF copy and seeing three different Attributes between the three Edges. Check DTRPG to see if you've missed an update.

Resident Lore-Hound
            Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• Thanks - looks like the problem is with my DTRPG library.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad_Maudlin View Post
                Thanks - looks like the problem is with my DTRPG library.
                I have the same problem, do you have found a solution?

Comment

• Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

I have the same problem, do you have found a solution?
                  I was able to get send the updated file to my Dropbox account, but every time I try to download it using one of the Download links, it sends me the original (pre-errata) file instead. I'm sending a bug report to DTRPG about it.

EDIT: Hm, spoke too soon. The file I downloaded has the right name, but I'm still seeing two edges that target Composure on page 50. We'll see what DTRPG says when they get back to me.
                  Last edited by Mad_Maudlin; 01-30-2021, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Does anything give guidelines for how high Speed interacts with footchase contested actions?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                    Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                      Does anything give guidelines for how high Speed interacts with footchase contested actions?
                      The Chase system modifies a participant's required successes based on their Speed and Initiative ratings relative to their opposition. In the plain contested-roll setup, the closest thing is that Fleet of Foot has an Athletics prerequisite.

Resident Lore-Hound
                      Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• how would one stat out a sawed off shotgun? take a regular shotgun, add the concealable tag and call it a day? lower the clip down to two if you are just using a double barrel?

Comment

• And reduce its range increment.

Comment

Working...
                          X