Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: General Chronicles/World of Darkness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: General Chronicles/World of Darkness

I realized just now that we didn't have one of these so... I figure why not start one. Vampire, Werewolf, and Mage all have one. Maybe a few other lines. Either way, this is here now.

My first question... How exactly does Armor Piercing work against objects's Durability? I always assumed it was a subtract AP from Durability deal, but apparently it's not.
    Last edited by Almarck; 04-13-2016, 12:29 AM.

• Mad_Maudlin
    replied
    Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

I have the same problem, do you have found a solution?
    I was able to get send the updated file to my Dropbox account, but every time I try to download it using one of the Download links, it sends me the original (pre-errata) file instead. I'm sending a bug report to DTRPG about it.

EDIT: Hm, spoke too soon. The file I downloaded has the right name, but I'm still seeing two edges that target Composure on page 50. We'll see what DTRPG says when they get back to me.
    Last edited by Mad_Maudlin; 01-30-2021, 05:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Neos01
    replied
    Originally posted by Mad_Maudlin View Post
    Thanks - looks like the problem is with my DTRPG library.
    I have the same problem, do you have found a solution?

Leave a comment:

• Mad_Maudlin
    replied
    Thanks - looks like the problem is with my DTRPG library.

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by Mad_Maudlin View Post
    This is specifically a Contagion Chronicle question, but I'm putting it here since that doesn't have a dedicated SQSA thread.

The Fervor 2 ability Divine Revelation (page 50) lists three Edges, but two of them have the same mechanical effect - two temporary dots of Composure, subject to trait limits. Is one of those a mistake, or is there some other difference between the two Edges I'm not seeing?
    I'm looking at my PDF copy and seeing three different Attributes between the three Edges. Check DTRPG to see if you've missed an update.

Leave a comment:

• Mad_Maudlin
    replied
    This is specifically a Contagion Chronicle question, but I'm putting it here since that doesn't have a dedicated SQSA thread.

The Fervor 2 ability Divine Revelation (page 50) lists three Edges, but two of them have the same mechanical effect - two temporary dots of Composure, subject to trait limits. Is one of those a mistake, or is there some other difference between the two Edges I'm not seeing?

Leave a comment:

• proindrakenzol
    replied
    Originally posted by Maina View Post
    Does CofD yet have an equivalent to Second Sight? Particularly the "Thaumaturgists" for humans that can do ritual magic that are not Mages?
    Thaumaturgists? only in the fan update Tessie mentioned.

However, a lot of *Second Sight*'s themes are covered in *Hurt Locker*'s Chapter Three, including several lesser supernatural templates such as Psychic Vampires and Atariya.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Originally posted by Maina View Post
    Does CofD yet have an equivalent to Second Sight? Particularly the "Thaumaturgists" for humans that can do ritual magic that are not Mages?
    No. The closest thing is a fan update on the STV.

Leave a comment:

• Maina
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark Archon View Post
    Does that include ambushes in which target is not aware it's being attacked, like being sniped or stepping on a landmine?
    As long as they don't die or become incapacitated by the attacks, sure.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Archon
    replied
    Originally posted by Tessie View Post

Yes. Surprise only skips their first turn and removes Defense. Reflexive actions whenever they are called for, regardless of when during a round or how many times, as long as you fulfil any other prerequisites for that reflexive action. For example, you can't Dodge while surprised because Dodging requires that you have an action to take during that turn (as well as having Defense).
    Does that include ambushes in which target is not aware it's being attacked, like being sniped or stepping on a landmine?

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark Archon View Post
    If target is surprised by ambush, can it use it's reflexive action in the turn it was surprised?
    Yes. Surprise only skips their first turn and removes Defense. Reflexive actions whenever they are called for, regardless of when during a round or how many times, as long as you fulfil any other prerequisites for that reflexive action. For example, you can't Dodge while surprised because Dodging requires that you have an action to take during that turn (as well as having Defense).

Leave a comment:

• Dark Archon
    replied
    If target is surprised by ambush, can it use it's reflexive action in the turn it was surprised?

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Originally posted by saibot View Post
    That is probably also the logic behind the example actions all being Resisted because they assume you are using those rolls against throwaway NPCs, otherwise you would be using Social Maneuvering.
    Social Maneuvering has zero dice pools included in its text because the system is not based on predefined dice pools (unlike things like combat). The example dice pools earlier in the book are among the most common ones that you would use in Social Maneuvering.

Leave a comment:

• Dante[RU]
    replied
    I guess I'll just have to figure it out more clearly in play. Thanks for your explanation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X