Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Eras of Chronicles of Darkness (Dark Eras and others)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ruins of Empire (1893 - 1924 CE, Dark Eras)

Goodbye to All That (1914 - 1918 CE, Ancient Mysteries/Bloodlines)

A Handful of Dust (1933 - 1940 CE, Dark Eras)

Mage Noir (1940 - 1950 CE, Mage Noir)
    Last edited by Second Chances; 02-04-2017, 02:56 PM.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn, Contagion RMCs; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

God's Own Country (1950 - 1960 CE, Dark Eras)

Into the Cold (1960 - 1976 CE , Dark Eras)

The Bowery Dogs (1969-1979 CE, Dark Eras)

http://orig06.deviantart.net/ea38/f/...da5wtgt.png

New Wave Requiem (1980-1990, New Wave Requiem)
      Last edited by Second Chances; 02-05-2017, 02:17 AM.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn, Contagion RMCs; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

The Fall of Isireion (69 BCE - 30 BCE, Dark Eras Companion - Mummy the Curse, Immortals)

Forsaken by Rome (9 CE to 12 CE, Dark Eras Companion - Werewolf The Forsaken)

The Soulless and the Dead (1346 - 1353, Dark Eras Companion - Vampire the Requiem, Promethean the Created)

Princes of the Conquered Land (1501-1568, Dark Eras Companion - Mage the Awakening, Mummy the Curse)

Last edited by Second Chances; 04-23-2017, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Foreboding Lands (1585 - 1590, Dark Eras Companion - Geist the Sineaters)

The Year Without Summer (1816, Dark Eras Companion - Promethean the Created)

The Fearful Lesson (1863 - 1865, Dark Eras Companion - Beast the Primordial)

Lifting the Veil (1885 - 1890, Dark Eras Companion - Second Sight)

Last edited by Second Chances; 04-23-2017, 03:22 PM.

Comment

The Master's Tools - (1917, Dark Eras Companion - Demon the Descent)
            Last edited by Second Chances; 04-23-2017, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Okay, sorry for the post spam. Hopefully I'll get everything filled in soon so that they are not just dead space.

For today, we are feeling a bit Roman! I have added Requiem for Rome, Terminus, and the Fall of the Camarilla, all of which are very much WIP, especially RfR since its timespan is so massive.

Terminus is one of the settings found in War Against the Pure, which are fairly brief and focus primarily on a battle that doesn't have to take place in a specific year. Despite this, it is possible to narrow down the dates for Terminus since the Romans and Parthians are at war, and it is in the 1st century CE. That leaves the war for Armenia as the most likely candidate. What I find more interesting is the context that Terminus takes place in. It is only a few decades after the crucifixion, so there are potentially still Apostles and a certain Vampire Saviour still running around to interact with PCs. It makes for a surprisingly compelling setting for such a brief description.

Plus, just for kicks, the current Emperor is Nero. Should be fun.
              Last edited by Second Chances; 04-30-2016, 02:21 AM.

Comment

To a different part of the world today! I have added the timelines for Fires of Heaven and Three Kingdoms of Darkness. These two Eras were very interesting because they pretty much feed into one another directly. In fact, the only hard date I could really find in the Three Kingdoms of Darkness was actually the opening of the hedge at the end of the Yellow Turban Rebellion, which is the setting for Fires of Heaven. The battle in Fires of Heaven is also given the date of 188 CE. I think it would be very interesting to see the General of Fire survive that battle and then to contrast his existence as one of the Claimed with that of the Changelings and the Sin-Eaters during the War of the Three Kingdoms.

Comment

How'd you work out the length for Eras like After The Fall, or Reqiuem For Regina, given that both have info stretching into the future.

Onyx Path Freelancer: Demon Storyteller's Guide, Dark Eras, Night Horrors: Enemy Action
                  Storyteller's Guide Extra Material
                  After the Fall: Bonus Material

Comment

Originally posted by Eremite View Post
                    How'd you work out the length for Eras like After The Fall, or Reqiuem For Regina, given that both have info stretching into the future.
                    I'm having Eras that stretch into the future or past cover the listed time period (ie the section in white in the graphic), but include all of the events mentioned in the chapter, so some of them have quite an extensive range of dates.

EDIT: I also updated Wolves of Ur'Sag and forgot to mention it last night.
                    Last edited by Second Chances; 05-01-2016, 12:34 PM.

Comment

It has been a while, but I finally managed to find a way to work around a bug that had been giving me issues with the Timeline.

I just have one update tonight, but it's a neat one: The Rise of the Covenants.

The narrative from Ancient Bloodlines/Mysteries is interesting enough, and I will likely update it with a bit more info in a day or two, but it becomes even more interesting when you factor in that this may be the time that the Ascending Ones actually become a compact. There is a lot of political warfare going on behind the scenes in the households of the Pharaohs, which could make for some very interesting Vampire/Hunter crossovers.

I've included the En, even though he isn't really active in this region, for two reasons. One is to emphasise how damn old that bastard is. Two is that he may very well have been present with the Hittites, or at the very least had representatives amongst them. When Ramses the Great went to war with them, it is absolutely possible that there was a shadow war also being fought between the Kindred to Egypt and Mesopotamia.

Incidentally, I also want to see a Mummy/Promethean crossover for the Jewish Exodus in Dark Eras 2, becuase the historical Exodus also likely happened during this period, as did the historical Trojan War just after this Era ends, so pick your plothook.
                      Last edited by Second Chances; 06-02-2016, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Anybody mind if I sticky this?

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

I, for one, certainly don't!

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                            It has been a while, but I finally managed to find a way to work around a bug that had been giving me issues with the Timeline.

I just have one update tonight, but it's a neat one: The Rise of the Covenants.

The narrative from Ancient Bloodlines/Mysteries is interesting enough, and I will likely update it with a bit more info in a day or two, but it becomes even more interesting when you factor in that this may be the time that the Ascending Ones actually become a compact. There is a lot of political warfare going on behind the scenes in the households of the Pharaohs, which could make for some very interesting Vampire/Hunter crossovers.

I've included the En, even though he isn't really active in this region, for two reasons. One is to emphasise how damn old that bastard is. Two is that he may very well have been present with the Hittites, or at the very least had representatives amongst them. When Ramses the Great went to war with them, it is absolutely possible that there was a shadow war also being fought between the Kindred to Egypt and Mesopotamia.

Incidentally, I also want to see a Mummy/Promethean crossover for the Jewish Exodus in Dark Eras 2, becuase the historical Exodus also likely happened during this period, as did the historical Trojan War just after this Era ends, so pick your plothook.
                            Seconding all this. Though I have to ask since I can't look over my pdfs at the moment. When exactly does the En die and the Edimmu start becoming a menace to the Babylonian Kindred, again? On the Ascending Ones, though, I'd like to think that they were a compact for quite a while by this point in time. Especially given how established they are in the Age of Azar crossover project I'm working on.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                            Age of Azar
                            The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post

Seconding all this. Though I have to ask since I can't look over my pdfs at the moment. When exactly does the En die and the Edimmu start becoming a menace to the Babylonian Kindred, again? On the Ascending Ones, though, I'd like to think that they were a compact for quite a while by this point in time. Especially given how established they are in the Age of Azar crossover project I'm working on.
                              Depends how you reads the Akhenaten section (pg 15-19) in Night Stalkers. To me it seems pretty clear they've been around as the Cult of the Phoenix for a while, but they actually become a compact when they go to war with the Cult of Set. The are other ways of reading it though.

The En bites it (ha!) in the back half of the Neo-Babylonean Empire in my timeline. No exact date was give in Ancient Mysteries, but I've matched his fall to coincide roughly with the decline of the Babylonians and the rise of the Medes then Acheminides.
                              Last edited by Second Chances; 06-02-2016, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Depends how you reads the Akhenaten section (pg 15-19) in Night Stalkers. To me it seems pretty clear they've been around as the Cult of the Phoenix for a while, but they actually become a compact when they go to war with the Cult of Set. The are other ways of reading it though.
                                That's true. Though I remember one of the contributors to Age of Azar (Arcanist, I think) wrote up an entry in this GDoc that put both Cults as dating back to pre-unification. Song of Storm and Fire, it's called. Feel free to read it up.

The En bites it (ha!) in the back half of the Neo-Babylonean Empire in my timeline. No exact date was give in Ancient Mysteries, but I've matched his fall to coincide roughly with the decline of the Babylonians and the rise of the Medes then Acheminides.
                                Ah. Well, since you mentioned war between the Egyptian and Mesopotamian Kindred, perhaps one of the driving factors for conflict would be efforts by many of the latter to flee the Edimmu once they escalate into a full-blown crisis for the Babylonian Covenants? Not to mention the Cult of Sutek (unsure yet if the stuff on the Witch King section happens, by this point) would be working to keep the Edimmu from spreading into their homeland.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                                Age of Azar
                                The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Working...
                                X