Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Eras of Chronicles of Darkness (Dark Eras and others)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Serpent's Tooth (2006 - 2016, Beast: the Primordial)

The Third Religion (2006 - 2016, Beast: the Primordial)

Flayed Souls (2006 - 2016, Beast: the Primordial)

What Happens in Vegas (2006 - 2016, Promethean: the Created 2e)
    Last edited by Second Chances; 03-05-2017, 11:57 PM.

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Conspicuous Consumption (2006 - 2016, Promethean: the Created 2e)

The Motherload (2006 - 2016, Promethean: the Created 2e)

Not With a Bang, But a Whimper
      (2006 - 2016, Promethean: the Created 2e)

East Meets West (2006 - 2016, Promethean: the Created 2e)
      Last edited by Second Chances; 03-05-2017, 11:57 PM.

CofD booklists:

Comment

The Road Through the Borderlands (2006 - 2016, Promethean: the Created 2e)

The Seoulis
        in the Software (2006 - 2016, Promethean: the Created 2e)

The Hunting Grounds (2006 - 2016, Promethean: the Created 2e)

The Wasted Land (2006 - 2016, Promethean: the Created 2e)
        Last edited by Second Chances; 03-05-2017, 11:58 PM.

CofD booklists:

Comment

A City Divided (2006 - 2016, Promethean: the Created 2e)

The Broken Chain (2006 - 2016, Promethean: the Created 2e)

+ Forthcoming Changeling 2e Eras
          Last edited by Second Chances; 03-05-2017, 11:58 PM.

CofD booklists:

Comment

Seattle Splinters (Demon: the Descent & Splintered City: Seattle)

(
            Note that dates in these timelines reflect both the Splinters and the Dominant Timeline)

CofD booklists:

Comment

So as the spam of placeholder posts may suggest, I just had an idea that is both wonderful and terrifying. It went something along the lines "The settings included in the 2e books are kinda a snapshot of those locales when the books were written/published. Plus LA has lots of Demon/Mage crossover potential. I should make timelines for them. If I'm doing that, I should include the Seattle Splinters, since that was one of my original motivations for making a timeline of everything. If I'm doing that, I should include Seattle setting from Demon Core. If I'm doing that, I should include the settings from the 1e Core and I set the "eras" extending 10 years back from when the books were published, that give me some eras set in the 90s."

"Holy shit that's a lot of eras."

So yeah, this is going to keep me busy for a while. Here are the baseless assumptions I've made for the eras I just added.

- The "eras" begin 10 years prior to the year first book featuring them was published
              - The "eras" end the year the last book featuring them was published, even for books like Hunting Grounds: The Rockies, which intentionally and explicitly don't give dates
              - I've given names to eras that don't have a moniker (mostly 1e settings and the featured regions in MtAw 2e) and used the names of the featured locations otherwise
              - The focus of these areas in modern, although relevant historical information will be included as deemed necessary
              - Tokyo is an ongoing setting until OPP says they aren't going to use it anymore. Since the title of the Tokyo setting would be stupidly unwieldy if I included every title, I am simply going to call it "The Crossover"
              - Eras will be kept chronological in the first post, but I will not continue to rearrange them in individual posts to keep the entire thread chronological.
              - Due to their unique nature, the Seattle Splinters will get their own section/post.

Now, with this massive addition of timelines to this pet project of mine, I appreciate any help people can give, especially if you are from one of the featured locations. Please feel free to post in this thread anything that you think may be useful/interesting, particularly if you think I missed an important event or connection.

CofD booklists:

Comment

Hi, big fan of what you are doing here. Thank you for all the effort you've put in.

Just thought I'd list the Eras (times) of the DEC here so it too maybe added to the pending list. I am sure you'll get around to it eventually but this may help for the big signpost OP. Dates are taken from the introduction.
                • The Fall of Isireion - 69 bce to 30 bce (Mummy the Curse, Immortals)
                • Forsaken by Rome - 9 ce to 12 ce (Werewolf The Forsaken)
                • The Soulless and the Dead - 1346 to 1353 (Vampire the Requiem, Promethean the Created)
                • Princes of the Conquered Land - 1501-1568 (Mage the Awakening, Mummy the Curse)
                • Foreboding Lands - 1585 to 1590 (Geist the Sineaters)
                • When the Horsemen Rode - 1618 to 1648 (Promethean the Created)
                • The Year Without Summer - 1816 (Promethean the Created)
                • The Fearful Lesson - 1863 to 1865 (Beast the Primordial)
                • Lifting the Veil - 1885 to 1890 (Second Sight)
                • The Master's Tools - 1917 (Demon the Descent)

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Thanks! They are all in the timeline already, I just haven't update the thread yet.

CofD booklists:

Comment

Ah, apologies then. Just trying to help

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
                      Ah, apologies then. Just trying to help
                      No worries! I appreciate help!

CofD booklists:

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
                        Hi, big fan of what you are doing here. Thank you for all the effort you've put in.

Just thought I'd list the Eras (times) of the DEC here so it too maybe added to the pending list. I am sure you'll get around to it eventually but this may help for the big signpost OP. Dates are taken from the introduction.
                        • The Fall of Isireion - 69 bce to 30 bce (Mummy the Curse, Immortals)
                        • Forsaken by Rome - 9 ce to 12 ce (Werewolf The Forsaken)
                        • The Soulless and the Dead - 1346 to 1353 (Vampire the Requiem, Promethean the Created)
                        • Princes of the Conquered Land - 1501-1568 (Mage the Awakening, Mummy the Curse)
                        • Foreboding Lands - 1585 to 1590 (Geist the Sineaters)
                        • When the Horsemen Rode - 1618 to 1648 (Promethean the Created)
                        • The Year Without Summer - 1816 (Promethean the Created)
                        • The Fearful Lesson - 1863 to 1865 (Beast the Primordial)
                        • Lifting the Veil - 1885 to 1890 (Second Sight)
                        • The Master's Tools - 1917 (Demon the Descent)
                        Finally updated the first post, and this was very helpful in doing so. Thanks! I'm keeping the first post in Chronological order, but other resources get added, I will include them by product. Time to start tracking history again!

CofD booklists:

Comment

Working...
                        X